Old 08-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Default 1st Meeting with coach this week - what to expect?

I have my initial meeting with my coach this week and am planning to start my IP plan Labor Day weekend (so I hopefully am through the "detox" before I go back to work Tuesday!).

What should I expect at this first meeting/consult? They said it would take 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
AngieBaby41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #2  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

What happened in my case was they had a meeting with all of the newbies. The speaker had a slideshow...explained what IP was, examples of foods to choose, took questions etc...I was weighed and picked up my food the day before but if you haven't done that, it is probably what will happen. You will love it. IP is wonderful!!!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #3  

You'll probably get as many answers as people have coaches.

At mine:
Private consultation. Overview of program.
Overview of Starter Pack/restricted vs non restricted & what veggies to choose.
Also received several sheets including
shopping list
nutritional info of packets,
carb counts of select & occasional veggies,
directions for preparing packets
Daily Journal booklet

Weigh/measure
pay
Assurance I'd get phone calls
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Mine was probably 1 1/2 hours long. Weighed and measured me. Went over the program in detail. Picked out food and paid. I thought my coach was pretty thorough going over the program - not sure what you would do for the other hour. Let us know!!!! Good luck on IP! Welcome!!!
sanibelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 100 to lose

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstubbs View Post
What happened in my case was they had a meeting with all of the newbies. The speaker had a slideshow...explained what IP was, examples of foods to choose, took questions etc...I was weighed and picked up my food the day before but if you haven't done that, it is probably what will happen. You will love it. IP is wonderful!!!
This is similar to my experience. I was part of the first group of IPers at my clinic, so we all met together, saw the slideshow, got weighed & had a body composition assessment to show our fat vs. lean mass amounts, and received a bag full of food. Our food was pre-selected for the first 2 weeks so that we could try a wide variety of products. I'm glad I tried a lot of things, but I'm thrilled to be picking just the things I like now Many products are really good, but some are super foul (looking at you, IP soups!). I also received a folder with all of the paperwork about IP, a food journal, sea salt, shaker cup, 3 bottles of supplements, and some other things.

Since my IP coach is my mother, my experience is atypical. When I go each week, I weigh, do the body composition analysis, take measurements, and pick out my food. It's very informal.

I love this program!

Last edited by DaisyLA; 08-25-2012 at 05:46 PM.
DaisyLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #6  
Holding on TIGHT

We only get the body comp. analysis once a month! I would love it weekly. Yeah I traded in some of the drink mixes that they gave me in the beginning for pudding, as I eat that the most!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #7  

My body comp analysis happens right on the scale. It gives a printout. Part of my weekly weigh-in.

See what I mean how it varies by coach/clinic?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #8  
Holding on TIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My body comp analysis happens right on the scale. It gives a printout. Part of my weekly weigh-in.

See what I mean how it varies by coach/clinic?
My clinic has two scales...one for regular weigh in's and the other for the monthly. I wish I could afford one of those body comp. scales, wow they are nice! But then I would be weighing too much and for sure that isn't good!
I would drive myself insane!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #9  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstubbs View Post
My clinic has two scales...one for regular weigh in's and the other for the monthly. I wish I could afford one of those body comp. scales, wow they are nice! But then I would be weighing too much and for sure that isn't good!
I would drive myself insane!

Why don't they weigh you on the body comp me all the time? If they have it there....

My coach has a scale that does weight, hydration, lean muscle so I get hat each week.

My first one was going over my health questionaire, getting food, which was already picked out, weigh & measure, she also took a picture. She did call me often the first couple of weeks.

Good luck!
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:35 AM   #10  
Holding on TIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Why don't they weigh you on the body comp me all the time? If they have it there....

My coach has a scale that does weight, hydration, lean muscle so I get hat each week.

My first one was going over my health questionaire, getting food, which was already picked out, weigh & measure, she also took a picture. She did call me often the first couple of weeks.

Good luck!
I don't know why??? I was disappointed, because I assumed they would weigh me like that all the time. When I went into my first weigh-in, my coach was supposed to weigh me on the regular scale, but weighed me on the Tanita..so second week I found out she wasn't supposed to do it till I had my 4th one. I dunno! ????

I did get two calls during that first week too.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You'll probably get as many answers as people have coaches.

At mine:
Private consultation. Overview of program.
Overview of Starter Pack/restricted vs non restricted & what veggies to choose.
Also received several sheets including
shopping list
nutritional info of packets,
carb counts of select & occasional veggies,
directions for preparing packets
Daily Journal booklet

Weigh/measure
pay
Assurance I'd get phone calls
This was basically how mine went. I went in for a private consultation, knowing I was going to sign up that day. I asked her a ton of questions, and she was really helpful. Then I got a starter kit with 33 different packets, salt, shaker, supplements, and the info sheets.

The two coaches they have are very nice. I text Melissa throughout the week if I have any questions and she's very good about answering and helping me out. Sometimes I weigh in with the other coach depending on my schedule. She always texts me the next time she's in and sees my file. Congratulates me on my loss, etc!
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for your replies ladies! I do know I'm having a private consultation ... it's my impression that's just how this location rolls, which is fine. I'm starting to get, nervous I guess? Anxious maybe. I'm going to go through my cupboards today and pull the stuff I won't be able to use once I start. Clearing out the temptations/distractions!!
AngieBaby41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #13  
SMB

S/C/G: 205/189/140

Height: 5'4"

Don't be nervous! It'll be great! If you feel that you will be nervous, maybe take someone in with you so you remember what your coach says, or bring paper to write on. Really though, everything will be in your information pack, in plain English! Just be excited about the start of a great journey!
SMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow. There is such variation. I went to a 60 minute free group orientation. Then we were told to make an appt to come back if we were interested. I made the appt, got weighed, measured, body comped and handed a packet with the handouts. No real counseling. Maybe 20 min tops. Ordered food by phone or fax before WI so it is ready to pick up. Repeat. No real coaching or counseling. Everything I know I learned here or from the doctors book.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
Thanks for your replies ladies! I do know I'm having a private consultation ... it's my impression that's just how this location rolls, which is fine. I'm starting to get, nervous I guess? Anxious maybe. I'm going to go through my cupboards today and pull the stuff I won't be able to use once I start. Clearing out the temptations/distractions!!

Which clinic did you decide on? Mine is in St Charles but she is moving to Olive/270 location soon. She gives 2 boxes of food for referrals. I'll share!