Old 08-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/190/140

Height: 5'3

Default Day 10 and my first time cheating...

Up until today I have been doing amazing, or so my coach says, I have lost a total of 15 lbs so far and had been feeling great. I'm out of town and put of my comfort zone. It was my first time out to eat and I just completely cracked. I didn't have much to eat most of the day since I was running around and then I the road for seven hours, a lot of it stuck in traffic, so by the time I reached my destination I was a little hunger. I ordered a salad with no dressing and picked out all the veggies I couldn't eat. Then right before we left this slice of pizza was sitting right in front of my face. I resisted as long as I could before I picked it up and ripped off the top of crust and ate that. That was about 20 minutes ago and I feel like crap. Maybe I'm being over dramatic but I just feel like I totally failed myself.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. I just needed to vent to people who understand...
amg0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #2  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg0901 View Post
Up until today I have been doing amazing, or so my coach says, I have lost a total of 15 lbs so far and had been feeling great. I'm out of town and put of my comfort zone. It was my first time out to eat and I just completely cracked. I didn't have much to eat most of the day since I was running around and then I the road for seven hours, a lot of it stuck in traffic, so by the time I reached my destination I was a little hunger. I ordered a salad with no dressing and picked out all the veggies I couldn't eat. Then right before we left this slice of pizza was sitting right in front of my face. I resisted as long as I could before I picked it up and ripped off the top of crust and ate that. That was about 20 minutes ago and I feel like crap. Maybe I'm being over dramatic but I just feel like I totally failed myself.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. I just needed to vent to people who understand...
Now you know how easy it can be to get side-tracked. Deal with the reasons why you ate the pizza, learn, move on. A big thing that I picked up from your post is that you need to ensure that you plan for your day and for things that may crop up. Pack a bar or Ready to drink item in your bag. I usually go shopping with cucumber or red pepper slices in a baggie too. Don't let yourself get hungry because that's when you'll make poor decisions. Salad isn't going to go very far so try to get a piece of chicken or other protein with it to fill up.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #3  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Just get back OP. I've slipped up and made mistakes. **** it was like five weeks before I found out only one restricted a day! I ate two or three most days. Hugs! Now get back in the saddle. You are worth it. Fight for your goal. This is a life long journey. We're in it with you.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #4  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

You've lost 15 lbs, that is fantastic! Now use this experience as a tool, how you felt after, and don't let it happen again! Make a promise to yourself!

I had a huge regular meal because i was ashamed to tell my S9kinny) bff about this the other night. I mean the night of my first WI, when i lost 9 lbs and i have a real meal and wine?! And I had HORRIBLE chills, i felt so so sick. I told myself nothing is worth feeling like my body was out of control (it was 80 at night, i should not have had chills!)

Just pick yourself up and move on.
Aimiloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

First of all...think about that awesome 15 lbs loss! That's amazing!

Now get yourself back to 100% OP. DO NOT let it continue, what is done is done...learn from it, as vet & Aimiloo said. ALWAYS carry extra IP foods with just in case. Kitkat hit it right on with the planning! Remember...YOU ARE worth it!!!! :-)
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote