Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2

Well you fabulous women, we made it to page 11 in just half a week! I think we are rock stars! So as promised here is volume 2 so we can keep chatting away.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #2  

Bump
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Good Wonderful Morning!!!!!!!!!!

gooooooooooood morning WWWW!!!!!!!!!!

ok, so another rainy day .....day 4 of the rain....but thats ok as we do need it!! probably more coming next week with issac on the horizon.

dana....i love love this thread!! i feel so much like finally there is a perfect thread for me to fit in to!!!

so.....great day for today....vitamins: check!! 1st round of water: check!! zucchini chips in the oven: check check!! GONNA BE A GREAT DAY!!!

QUESTION: when you count your water intake...do you count only plain water??? or do you count ALL the water, as in water for coffee, smoothies, hot tea, etc....

OK LADIES....MAKE IT A WWWW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
don't forget to dance!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i woke up on the BRIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCDZzf4ragg
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #4  

I LOVE this thread too. It really does feel like a place I belong. Thank you everyone for helping to make this home. And, thank you Susan for telling me how to close the other thread; not that computer savvy over here. I will check back in in a little bit, but for now my son needs my lap top for an online class (his computer died last week).
Old 08-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #5  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies, wow, vol 2, that is terrific! Women (since no men have chimed in yet) over 50 rock! Have a great day.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

good morning Fab 50! busy days dont begin to describe life right now. IP is keeping me going and I am sooo glad!

Rainbow, On drinking water, as I understand it anything non caffienated beverage (tea, coffee, water) can count towards our 64oz, we can have 8 oz of coffee or tea (with/caff) but anything above that would require additional water.
I make 64 oz of herbal teas each morning and drink it up, then I drink iced coffee and hot coffee all day long too, so then I have to drink more water....sigh...I take potty breaks alot too!!!

Hope that answered your question, and if I am incorrect on this someone no doubt will straighten me out!

Have a great day
Old 08-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #7  

Alright, I got my computer back.

As for water I only count the actual water I drink, plus any water I drink for my herbal tea. I generally have a BIG cup of herbal tea in the morning, but the rest of the day is water with a slice of lemon in it. I average about 90 plus oz per day.

Hope everyone is having a "fabulous" day. Besides playing chauffeur for my son today, I have got to get back to the gym. I really do enjoy it once there, but since being back from vacation, I'm having a hard time motivating my butt to get into the car to actually drive there.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

I drink 5 quarts of water a day by 7 pm or otherwise I am up 5 times a night. Why drink this much water??? I guess, pre-IP, I had always heard drinking more water helped in weight loss. I feel great, keeps me full. I don't know what impact it has on the supplements that I am taking. I am using extra calories by the increased number of bathroom breaks. Any input would be appreciated. I value all of your advice.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
I drink 5 quarts of water a day by 7 pm or otherwise I am up 5 times a night. Why drink this much water??? I guess, pre-IP, I had always heard drinking more water helped in weight loss. I feel great, keeps me full. I don't know what impact it has on the supplements that I am taking. I am using extra calories by the increased number of bathroom breaks. Any input would be appreciated. I value all of your advice.
You're drinking more than half your weight in water, which is a recommendation I always hear. You are doing great! And, forgot to add in ONEDERLAND too. Whoo Hoo!

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 08-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #10  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Taking the day off tomorrow, and I am getting my reward for 20 pounds lost. I have a pedicure booked at 3 p.m. I'm gonna have the prettiest feet around!! Going for bright red polish, which is my favorite color for everything!

Rainbow - Since I am taking the day off, I will begin my experimenting with the the longevity of dehydrator zucchini chips for you - the only hardship will be keeping them around long enough to really test this!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Taking the day off tomorrow, and I am getting my reward for 20 pounds lost. I have a pedicure booked at 3 p.m. I'm gonna have the prettiest feet around!! Going for bright red polish, which is my favorite color for everything!

Rainbow - Since I am taking the day off, I will begin my experimenting with the the longevity of dehydrator zucchini chips for you - the only hardship will be keeping them around long enough to really test this!
Good for you, you deserve to be pampered with a pedicure with a 20 pound loss. Well earned!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #12  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good afternoon WWWW! I had a good WI this morning, much better than expected. Another 3 1/2 lbs & 4" gone forever! It's been 9 days since my last WI, instead of the normal 2 weeks for me. Now should be able to stay on the 2 week schedule again. I swear, if you're having trouble losing inches off your upper arms, try using crutches for a couple of weeks! It has been 2 weeks since surgery, and I've lost a full inch from my arm in that time! Didn't lose anything there in the previous 5 - 6 weeks.

My coach also spoke with the Dr. about my stomach issues. She said to cut back to one multi-vitamin each day, and to 2 Cal-Mags p/day, and to take them all after eating dinner when I have the most food in my stomach. Fingers crossed this helps!

Lizzy - a pedicure sounds like an awesome reward! And bright red on the tootsies is a good choice!

I'm going to make zucchini chips in my dehydrator on Saturday. They sound awesome!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #13  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good afternoon WWWW! I had a good WI this morning, much better than expected. Another 3 1/2 lbs & 4" gone forever!

I'm going to make zucchini chips in my dehydrator on Saturday. They sound awesome!
what a GREAT weigh in!!!!!!! you are really becoming a SUCCESS STORY!!! its exciting to watch!! so inspiring and encouraging!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lovely Ladies Over 50!

Could someone give me a little kick in the capris, I'm having a hard time staying on program this week. No all out binges or anything just a few extras here and there. But they aren't IP foods. I'm sooooo close to getting into the 150's at my weigh in on Mon and don't want to sabotage it. I haven't been there in years!
I have 25-30 yet to lose and am losing motivation. Someone talk me down!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #15  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good afternoon WWWW! I had a good WI this morning, much better than expected. Another 3 1/2 lbs & 4" gone forever! It's been 9 days since my last WI, instead of the normal 2 weeks for me. Now should be able to stay on the 2 week schedule again. I swear, if you're having trouble losing inches off your upper arms, try using crutches for a couple of weeks! It has been 2 weeks since surgery, and I've lost a full inch from my arm in that time! Didn't lose anything there in the previous 5 - 6 weeks.

My coach also spoke with the Dr. about my stomach issues. She said to cut back to one multi-vitamin each day, and to 2 Cal-Mags p/day, and to take them all after eating dinner when I have the most food in my stomach. Fingers crossed this helps!

Lizzy - a pedicure sounds like an awesome reward! And bright red on the tootsies is a good choice!

I too have developed 'bat wings' under my arms and would love to firm them up. That's one area that I rub the argan oil + firming lotion on. But I don't think I want to resort to using crutches as a form of exercise. Congrats on the side benefit though! Since you had to put up with that, it's nice that it had that benefit.
---------------------------------------

Happy Thursday! I really like hanging out in this thread too. It's comforting somehow, knowing that we're all of 'a certain age' and most apt to be experiencing similiar types of situations with the diet. I'm pretty close to 100% - but in all honesty, more like 98-99% (for example, I do use unsweetened almond milk in my tea and for my cereal) and that keeps me from hanging in the 100% thread, much as I find everyone's enthusiasm and discipline there very motivating.

I had tomato basil soup for lunch today, made with lightly steamed zucchini and red peppers blended in. I've been using a lot of curry in my soups, which is a novelty as I rarely used it in my cooking pre-diet. Also a dash of hot sauce, and garlic and black pepper. Nice and spicy. It was tasty.

I also made my tofu chocolate mousse again last evening for my before bed snack, this time using silken tofu. It turned out beautifully, and I recommend it to anyone. Took about 100 gms of silken tofu, 1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened), 1/2 scoop of my chocolate flavored protein powder, cash of sea salt, 1 tsp instant coffee granules, dash of vanilla extract, dash of stevia, and just a few dribbles of cold decaf coffee to thin the mousse a bit. I just put everything together in my single serve Hamilton Beach blender and gave it a good whizzing. Then refrigerated it until I wanted my snack. Really good. Nutritional stats: Cals 130; Fat 6; Carbs 5.6; Fiber 2; Sugar 2.5; Protein 18; Sodium 112; Potassium 100; Chol 22.

Things are pretty calm chez evepet today - nothing too significant to report. I'm just keepin' on keepin' on.

Hope you all are having a great OP day.
Closed Thread