Old 08-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #1  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default IP Mishaps: What's yours?

This morning, without thinking, I put the IP pina colada powder in my shaker before measuring the water. DUH!! I added the water, but it never really turned out right. The measurement was a little off and there was undissolved powder on the bottom of the shaker. EW!

It reminded me of my first IP "disaster" when I had only been OP a few weeks. I made my pineapple drink in the morning, but was rushed. I poured it into a glass and forgot to catch the silver mixing ball. That went into the glass. Then, to make matters worse (and I was rushed) I PUT MY HAND INTO THE GLASS to retrieve the ball. It displaced half the drink, which was now on the counter. Time to throw it all out and start again!!

Have you had an IP mishap?
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #2  
Started IP 8/12/12

S/C/G: 217/217/160

Height: 5'5"

Hot coffee + cappucino shake in shaker = cleaning the ceiling, cabinets, walls and floor. It's basic common sense but early morning and ketosis fog-brain is a bad combination!

Last edited by Sarahjane; 08-21-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Sarahjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #3  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I saved my choc pancake to make my birthday cake and was looking forward to that. I told my husband "No dear I'LL make it -- I only have one pack and don't want it wrecked. This space food is very sensitive. You have to measure carefully". Well, after I added my water, I saw the small print BELOW the small print that said "For muffin consistency, only add.... ml of water". I had put in the water to make the CREPE recipe. Ooops!. Didn't tell hubby -- just added a "pudding" pack to it to thicken it up and "had my cake,and ate it too!"
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #4  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I made a rookie-Phase 3 mistake yesterday...I blame allergies as I've been particularly off my game the past few days. I got the 'all clear' to do high intensity workouts in Phase 3 now. So Monday I did a 4.5mi run and yesterday did a new 'bootcamp' style class and really went all out, super sweaty, huffy puffy, etc.

Well, in 22 weeks of Phase 1 & 2 weeks of Phase 2 I always had 1c veggies at breakfast and 1c veggie at lunch (2c at dinner) and when I worked out I had an extra IP...so 24 weeks of the same thing. It just hit me this morning that the past 4 days (not making the mistake today on Phase 3ay 5) I have still been having my 1c veggie at lunch and an extra IP when I worked out...but DUH....I am in Phase 3 now! I no longer have my breakfast Spinach Smoothie - so I should be having 2cups veggies at lunch and I don't need the extra packet to exercise, because my body now has its glycogen stores replenished!!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #5  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I've added too much water to my shakes and lived to regret it! LOL..The only thing i've ever dumped of IP was the leek soup and I don't know if I had anything to do with that one being bad or not, I had put it into the vitamix with some other veggies as I recall and it came out very foamy and terrible!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

I was making the crispy cereal and wild berry yogurt pancakes only I goofed and added the peach mango drink instead of yogurt. BLECH!!! I ate them anyway because EXPENSIVE WASTE.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #7  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Mine was on the first night of vacation and I was excited because I was so organized and prepared. We get to the hotel at around 10 and it's time for my snack. I had packed 2 packets in the shaker to not waste space -- a choc drink and chicken noodle soup. So I pulled the choc shake out and went into the bathroom to start preparing it. Only I had pulled out the chicken noodle soup....didn't realize until it was dumped in the shaker. Nothing I could do (no microwave or fridge in the room). Only packet I've ever wasted I started yelling in the bathroom and my husband thought I'd hurt myself. It was a good laugh as I rinsed out the chicken noodle and made the choc shake...
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #8  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

After seeing all of the posts yesterday for zucchini chips, I was anxious to try them. So I pulled out my mandolin and started cutting thin slices. About 1/3 of the way done with the zucchini, I was telling my husband how I should be using the vegetable holder so that I don't cut myself and what did I do? I sliced off a tiny chunk of skin on my thumb! Ouch!!! I'm so mad at myself! (But the zucchini chips were pretty good!)
exactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #9  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I was making the crispy cereal and wild berry yogurt pancakes only I goofed and added the peach mango drink instead of yogurt. BLECH!!! I ate them anyway because EXPENSIVE WASTE.
Yup - these are expensive mistakes, so we often scarf them down anyway.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #10  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Oh, one time after I preblended my coffee & spinach I poured in what I thought was a chocolate drink mix...turned out to be WB Yogurt. Wasn't terrible, I am so 'frugal', of course I drank it still...but I wouldn't repeat it on purpose again!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #11  
Started IP 6/14/12

Another IP Mishap today at lunch:

I had sauteed my yummy mushrooms, garlic, and green and orange pepper bits. I was really psyched for a wonderful herb and cheese omelet. I was so psyched for it, that it flew out of my shaker and all over the stove top. It went in 3 burners. About a half of it made it into the pan.

What to do? I ate the smaller omelet. Oh well. But now I have to clean the burners. I need to SLOW down when I cook.