Old 08-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Default Just getting started and SO EXCITED!

I have decided to take the plunge and make Ideal Protein my new lifestyle (it's not a diet for me.)

This feels like my last hope and my best opportunity for success and I'm VERY excited about that.

I met with my coach today and had a great informational session with her. She seems like a wonderful person and a huge asset in my 'tool box' for success. I was able to be very honest with her and explained my challenges and a little of my personality issues and she's determined to help me through my journey (which is great, as I do much better with a strict routine and one=on=one support.)

I know I have a lifelong journey ahead of me, I know I will have challenges to overcome, but this is it, I have to do this for me, for my health and most importantly for my family (and my 4-year old daughter who is headed in the same direction I did and there's nothing I want more than to save her a life of suffering from weight and body issues.)

So...wish me luck! Tomorrow is my first day OP and I'm excited. Thankfully, I will be going away with my kids for a few days, which I think will give me the perfect start (away from my husband, who can sometimes derail my efforts and be a bad influence.)

Expect lot's of questions and requests for support, but I'm looking forward to this journey and expect BIG things from myself.
Humber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #2  

Hi and welcome! You have a great attitude about the changes you will need to make to be successful with your plan, you will do wonderful!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on taking the plunge! Sounds like you have a great outlook and are raring to go tomorrow! This site is priceless and will give you the info you will need as the time arises. I am forever asking for help here and never have been let down! Good luck !
iwiggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #4  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Welcome! Be sure to tell that husband to get with the program and be your cheerleader!! I have my first WI tomorrow, it's a good program!
Aimiloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/196/170

Height: 5'10"

Welcome I am also new I started yesterday. It's been a little rough but it'll be worth it. Good luck to you!
rnmomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Yay! So glad you decided to take the plunge. You're in great hands with this coach - she's amazing.

You know where to find me if you have any questions! We have lots of tips to share!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Thanks everyone...I'm SUPER excited.

I know I can...I mean, I know I will be successful, as I have no other choice.

I'm trying to get myself organized so that I can hit the ground running tomorrow. Trying to figure out the right way to eat and prepare foods is my biggest 'anxiety' right now, but I'm going to give it my all and plan to be on-program 100%.

It may take me a bit to get it all 'right' but I will do my best.

And S. be sure that I will be reaching out to you (although will do my best to keep it to a minimum) for some help and friendly guidance. You have been such an AMAZING inspiration and as I said, I can only hope to be half as successful of you.

Thanks again!
Humber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!!! The first week might be hard and you will go through a lot BUT it is sooo worth it!

These are the steps we have to take to live a long heathy life and YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK IT!!! I look forward to reading about your progress!

Good Luck tomorrow
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #9  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I am SO EXCITED for you! Congratulations!!!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats and good luck!! This is a great program!!
jricks96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humber View Post

And S. be sure that I will be reaching out to you (although will do my best to keep it to a minimum) for some help and friendly guidance. You have been such an AMAZING inspiration and as I said, I can only hope to be half as successful of you.

Thanks again!
No problem - I'm happy to help! The first few weeks were a bit of a blur for me until we hit our stride but after that it was smoooooth sailing.

First trip? Dollar store. Get yourself more cutting boards and two 4 cup measures just to make life that much easier so you're not doing dishes all the time. And make sure you have good sized water bottles at home and at work to help keep track of how much you take in.

Then we can chat more about spices, Walden Farms, Mio and splenda. The 'add in's' that are acceptable and make the plan that much more appealing, in moderation of course. Feel free to message me on FB or wherever!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #12  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Good to hear that!

I second the part about getting your husband to participate in this, directly or indirectly. My husband makes all my IP evening meals for me and I probably wouldn't reach week 3 without his support!
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/152/125

welcome!!! the first week is the hardest-- we're all here to support you!! it's all worth it when you see the pounds starting to melt away.

good luck!!!!!
msr339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #14  
Re-start IP 1/1/14

S/C/G: 190/169/140

Height: 5'4"

You're gonna do GREAT! It does take a little bit to get into the "groove" - but you will. I used to stress out a lot about what I was going to eat, how much this or that was and when to take my supplements - now it's all just second nature and I can really enjoy my food.

And I agree with what others say about getting your husband on board. Seriously, that has been key for me. My husband (who is fit and doesn't need to lose weight) eats all of the IP dinners with me and doesn't request anything else - he is always encouraging me and as soon as he saw I was "doing it" he has been nothing but supportive. Maybe once your hubby sees that you CAN do this, he will encourage you more.

Last edited by Mom2Carter; 08-21-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Mom2Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! This program has most definitely changed my life. You will love it, just get through the first week (like everyone has said!) and you'll do great. The results will keep you going.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote