Old 08-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Between Challenges Mixed CHAT Thread week 4 (08/20-08/26)

Hello ladies-
Here we go, time to ramp up & get ready for the Fall Back to Basics challenge.

Remember to update your starting weight by midnight Wed Aug 22.

I'll PM reminders to those that have signed up. Spread the word to friends & family that there is still time to join.

Any questions, just give one of the leaders- Bigmid, Leslieb or myself a shout!

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Hope everyone's having a good week!

I am still twitching from the spin class I took this morning ... seriously. I've been trying to up my intensity, since my body's staged a 4-lb rebellion, but I may have swung too hard!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone, just checking in, I took this summer off and now it's time to get back involved. School starts this week and I'll start having some time to myself again.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #4  

Hi Everyone-
I've sent PMs to everyone that has signed up for the Fall Back to Basics Challenge to remind them to update their weight by midnight on Aug 22nd- that's tomorrow!
Not everyone can receive Private Messages so I'm posting here in the hopes that they will remember to update their weights!
Any questions- let me know!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #5  

Wow, I did alright during our break. I didn't think I had lost much but down 6 pounds, not too bad. I’ve updated my starting weight so good to go.

Well I started NROLFW and then went to the Dr. and had a minor little procedure that came with instructions of "no strenuous active". Well shoot, NROLFW is all about going strenuous so I had to stop for the week and start next week. My strategy was to start NROLFW during the break and then see what adding the weight training to my weight loss program did to my loss rate but now I guess I will just be learning all this new data during the Challenge instead. It will still be fun, I love weightlifting and it has been a long time since I’ve had my equipment setup so I could enjoy using it. If I don’t get to stop back and chat some more before we divide into our competitive teams, good luck everyone.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #6  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

My weight has been updated. Let's get this rolling! I'm ready!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #7  

Hi everyone,
So who's excited to get this thing rolling again. The only sad part about it all is the truth in the title......summer is over and it's heading into fall very sad.
It will be nice to have a new challenge though and to meet all the new people and catch up with our returning challengers.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to my SW.....do I put what I am or leave an extra pound....I'm on holidays for two weeks, so we all know what can happen on holidays.

I'm hoping to keep the scale moving downwards, I'm in another challenge with myself and my treadmill. I have to lose 10lbs in 8 weeks (which was very do able) but now that I was accepted in the challenge it is already 2.5 weeks in so now I only have 5.5 to lose 10....oh my
If I lose the weight and send in a short blurb how I did it plus a before and after pic I get a free year of ifit so it's an awesome motivator. (money is always a motivator for me as I'm cheap) plus its a super good thing as that would also put me at goal again. Here's hoping to lose 10 and keep off any vacation weight.

Well heading downtown today to do some exploring. It's amazing to live in Calgary yet avoid going downtown. But we're going to check out the new gardens, walk the new crazy expensive foot bridge and eat at a food truck.....see what I mean about vacation weight.....we will be doing a nice long river walk too.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Bigmid; 08-22-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EofAZ View Post
Well I started NROLFW
Forgive a newbie question, but what is NROLFW?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #9  

LFW= lifting for women (I think) not sure about the NRO
Eta: just googled it and it's New Rules of Lifting for Women. I've read about it on the blog finding radience.

Evangeline- wtg on the 6 pounds!

Bigmid- how were the food trucks? I've lived here 13+ years and only went to the Calgary tower last year!

Looking forward to the fall challenge as I seem to have more motivation to get (back) on track.

I'll lock the sign up thread at midnight central tonight, be sure your starting weights are updated

Last edited by CanadaMel; 08-22-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #10  

Well had an awesome day downtown I couldn't use my phone app as I knew I'd run out of battery using the GPS for that long and Nancy forgot to wear her body bug but my watch has a pedometer on it so.....I turned it off a couple times then forgot to set it again here and there but our totals were.....4 hours 12 min, 6.4 miles, 19,340 steps, watch said 499 calories but that seemed low even for slow walking. Looked it up online on a few different sites and it was closer to 968 for my weight.....I'll take it.

Mel it was a great day, and we did the new peace bridge as well not to bad but still not sure why the thing costs so much money. We searched forever to find the food trucks then we finally sat down and googled where they were supposed to be. We had to backtrack and then we oly found 3, none of which the items appealed to us so we ate at the food fair in the Devonian Gardens

NROLFW - new rules of lifting for women....I'm pretty sure.

I'm a little freaked out right now as we just found a note on our door saying there have been mouse sightings in our complex........oh no that is so wrong and now I'm paranoid I don't want mice anywhere near me. So hard to get rid of if you have them. Any idea of how to get rid of them. I heard that moth balls work but OMG the smell of those is just as bad.

I just pray that they stay away from my house
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

EofAZ, one of my good friends started New Rules of Lifting for Women and she says it's life changing. I can't wait to check it out myself.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I am so ready for this challenge to begin. I'm using this week to get back in the groove...3 days POP already!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone -- yes, it's here, hard to believe, time went so fast....I'm going to read the new rules for lifting also.....

later -- looking forward to start of challenge
Old 08-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #14  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Have the teams been chosen yet? I popped on right before going to bed to see if that had been posted. I'm super excited for this to begin! I'm really looking at this challenge as a way to makeover my lifestyle and am looking forward to seeing the results!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #15  

Hi Ladies-
Teams are now posted-
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...uncements.html

Have a wonderful Sunday.