General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Default Water-related question

Hi!

So awhile ago I sopped drinking anything but water. Lost a visible amount of chub but I was sort of constantly bummed. I like juice.

I want to know if there's a difference between drinking a glass of water and a glass of crystal light? How about iced, splenda'd green tea? I know they're better than soda but are they as good as just water? Why or why not? I've been stuck at stupid 179-185pounds for about a month now, after a 25 pound loss in just like 4-5 weeks.

The 25 pound weight loss was when I drank only water too. Not sure if it's a coincidence but it'd be nice if there was a way to flavor water other than adding a wedge or slice of something to it, that would keep it beneficial. Thanks.
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

As long as you aren't adding calories, you won't slow your weight loss. Some people find that with adding caffeine they rev up their appetite, but I've never heard that of anything else.

I drink herbal iced teas all the time, and sparkling water (carbonated water with a bit of lemon or orange flavoring added - no calories). You don't need to drink plain water to lose weight.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'3"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...unt-water.html

Check this out...the calorie counters discussed it pretty exhaustively as I recall. 25 lbs lost is HUGE! Way to go. Just so you know, it will slow down...no matter what you drink. Hang in there.
Nibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #4  

Thanks guys :3

Quote:
It's simply not true. You could literally eat enough whole, juicy fruits in a day so that you didn't have to drink fluids at all. (It would be a lot of fruit, but the point still applies.) Your body doesn't have any more trouble separating H2O from Crystal Light than it does parsing out the vitamins, fats, proteins, etc... in the food you eat. It's not like you won't be hydrated by Crystal Light. In fact, you could drink enough Coca-Cola to hydrate yourself without ever touching plain water. You might need an extra cup or so to deal with the slight diuretic effect of the caffeine...but still.
^^
That's what I thought. That's how it made sense logically in my mind but I always hear my old trainer's voice in the back of my head saying that there's absolutely no way that could be true. So, thank goodness. I feel much better now. <3
Old 08-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #5  

I am a really big fan of soda water- you get so much for 0 calories!

Green tea is supposed to be wonderful. Could you train yourself to like it without sweetner at all? Black coffee is good.

If it were me, I'd be bummed about no wine or beer, ha ha.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #6  

I think I could probably ween myself off sweetener It might be a slow process but I think it'd be a good idea.

Haha. I'm pretty much bummed out about everything beverage related. My mom NEVER made me drink water as a kid, always full flavored juice. So juice became like a comfort food. ._. But it has sooooo many calories. Eek.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #7  
Just Jen

S/C/G: 220/tracker/150

Height: 5"3

Have you heard of the Mio Liquid Water Enhancers?? I find they're not bad for making water taste like juice when I'm craving it bad enough? (I normally just drink plain water with lemon sometimes, or tea with no sweetener)
boardriider is offline   Reply With Quote