South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/231/130

Height: 5'4

Default Desperate but hopeful....

I have decided to give SBD a try. My MIL was very sucessful on SBD and I know that lower carb works well for me. I have a very hard time fitting in exercise so I am relying mostly on diet changes for the weight loss. The problem with that is that I have total loss of self-control when it comes to eating. I am sitting here with a sick stomach from a birthday cake in the kitchen that I can't seem to leave alone. I am hoping that this forum will serve to keep me on track and accountable.

Wish me luck on my millionth time trying to lose weight.
dewittmba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, dewittmba, and good luck! You can do this!

cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I think most of us here struggled with food issues which brought us here. I still have self control issues with ice cream. For me less is more, either I go out and enjoy a cone or buy a small pint. Killing off a pint in two strings beats a half gallon any day lol. SB does work and is really a maintainable way to still enjoy eating, just in a new healthier way. Check in often as the support help.

Welcome to the beach!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you! This is a great place for support, information, friendship...
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

For me, SBD has become much more than a diet. Since I arrived here, it's become a new way of life.

The encouragement and support here is phenomenal!

After years of dieting...losing and regaining there have been two main things that keep me staying with SBD.
1. After a clean P1 my cravings (especially for sugar) went away. I was amazed to find I wasn't hungry and craving day in and day out.
2. I found an energy level which I didn't think existed. I accomplish more in a day now than I used to in a week.

I always dreaded exercise, even though I "knew" it was a mandatory part of a healthy lifestyle. Once my cravings went away and my energy was boosted I found that exercise could be enjoyable.

Today I try to recognize and remember that unless I "make" time for myself I'm not able to be fully present for the significant others' in my life.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/200/150

Height: 5'6"

I started SBD back in January and lost a quick 15 lbs. I've leapt most of that off, but it's time to get back on the program. So today starts phase 1 again. I've told the fam that I'm back on so I'm accountable now. I'm sure if I make exerci SE a priority that the lbs will come off faster. Good luck to us both!!
WaycoolmrsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #7  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I agree with Debbie! SB has become a "lifestyle" for me as well... and I have discovered so many great new things here - green smoothies, flax meal muffins, chia seed puddings, kale chips and shirataki noodles to name a few.

I have had to tweak the diet a bit to lose any weight. In general, I can have only one serving of whole grains per day (and often none) and I have to focus on getting a lot of protein. These two changes also make me so much less hungry! ... lots of people around here tweak the diet to suit their needs, so you will find what works best for you. I absolutely do best if I first ensure that I get the 4.5 cups of veggies and sufficient protein before allowing myself to think about eating anything else. If I do that first, I rarely want to eat more... but of course there are always challenges. I still struggle with binge-eating and let's just say that the binges don't usually include broccoli. But I definitely find that if I ensure that I eat what I "should"/what I plan first, it is faaaaar less likely that I get super hungry (the usual cause of a binge for me).

RE: exercise, I struggle with this as well! But just do what you can and it doesn't have to be miserable. For example, there is someone who just posted in the Goals section who lost 110 lbs and her only exercise was walking (sounds like she tried to get the 10,000 steps in every day, which equals 5+ miles/day) and "light weights" 5 days a week. The BEST way I have found to make myself walk more is by listening to a book or a language program on my iPod.... for strength-training, body-weight exercises - sit-ups/planks, lunges/squats and working up to real push-ups - are a great place to start. I have to remember this myself more . I plan to start weight-training for "real" soon. Lots of great resources about that here at 3fc.

Best of luck to you and have fun trying new things!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 136/126/123

Height: 5'2"

You can do this . Just finishing week 1 (again!) & made it thru a tough week - free sundaes & homemade cupcakes at work - i had none! Remember feeling good about youself & looking good is your reward! When all else fails have SF hot choc & breathe
srego909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/231/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by srego909 View Post
You can do this . Just finishing week 1 (again!) & made it thru a tough week - free sundaes & homemade cupcakes at work - i had none! Remember feeling good about youself & looking good is your reward! When all else fails have SF hot choc & breathe

I stocked up this weekend on SBD allowable foods and treats. I am so excited that I have SF Fudgcicles and SF Hot cocoa to get me through the chocolate cravings. I am starting officially today (Sunday).
dewittmba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #10  

dewittmba good luck!!! I start tomorrow. Letīs do this.
Xena31 is offline   Reply With Quote