Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Goal 145

Height: 5'4"

Default IP versus Wonderslim

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to use alternative, after much research online and through this forum of Ideal Protein. However, I have information on Wonderslip which is quite similar. I noticed that WS has a morning snack and an after dinner protein dessert (pudding, cake, cheesecake.

Ideal protein does not have a morning snack and frankly, I am not sure I can eat breakfast and then go until lunch at noon with just water.

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.

Dawn
DawnK31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/226/155

Height: 5'3"

I agree, not having the morning snack is tough especially when you only have an IP item for breakfast. I started eating some of my vegetables and even an ounce of my meat to get through. You definitely have to be creative with their food. Hoping the results are good.
Lotsahope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #3  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnK31 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to use alternative, after much research online and through this forum of Ideal Protein. However, I have information on Wonder slim which is quite similar. I noticed that WS has a morning snack and an after dinner protein dessert (pudding, cake, cheesecake.

Ideal protein does not have a morning snack and frankly, I am not sure I can eat breakfast and then go until lunch at noon with just water.

Dawn
Hello Dawn,
I use a lot of the Wonder Slim products. However I don't follow their program and I use the IP protocol instead. With WS they have you using a lot more of their products and less of your own veggies and meats. For me I wanted to eat more of my own foods without having to eat packet meals quite as much. It helps for my family cooking as well this way - at least for me. Also, while I do see a WS thread on another part of 3FC, it is not nearly as robust with the posts and ideas, and support in general that we have under IP. Without a coach that support and being on the same program was very important to me.

Many of the WS packets are great alternatives to IP products (shakes, soups, and others items) but don't feel you you can't mix and match with other manufactures as well to find better flavors or mixes you like. It's not as clear when doing alternatives, but it really does save the pocket book if you do your research. There's a whole lot of information and threads here to help you research.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-reviews.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...se-1-talk.html
and many others I'm sure.

Good luck!
Barb
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #4  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsahope View Post
I agree, not having the morning snack is tough especially when you only have an IP item for breakfast. I started eating some of my vegetables and even an ounce of my meat to get through. You definitely have to be creative with their food. Hoping the results are good.
I break out the lettuce and some WF dressing when I'm just hungry and the next meal is a ways out. I love a couple pickles as well. Don't forget 2 "free" egg whites a day too - I break up some spinach (or other veggie) and throw in a pan to wilt it, then put in some egg beaters egg whites and make a mostly vegetable omelet with my favorite spices- it really hits the spot and is hot, flavorful, and gets me thru.

I'm lucky to work from home, but I'm sure alternatives are out there for a veggie snack or an extra salad if you are in an office. Another idea is to break your 8 ounces (IP plan) of protein up and have a boiled egg for your snack - and reduce your protein at night.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Goal 145

Height: 5'4"

My plan for eating is as follows:

Breakfast: Protein shake, tea, vitamins
Snack: Veggies or protein pudding, water
Lunch: Protein Shake, 2 cups of veggies, lettuce w/WF dressing, water
Dinner: Fish or Chicken, 2 cups of veggies, possible lettuce w/WF dressing, water, supplements
Snack: Protein snack bar, water

However, when I write out the calories I am getting just under 700, which seems way to low. The protein is 93 and the carbohydrates are 50.

I do not want to eat to little and have the opposite effect.

Thanks,
Dawn
DawnK31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #6  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
My plan for eating is as follows:

Breakfast: Protein shake, tea, vitamins
Snack: Veggies or protein pudding, water
Lunch: Protein Shake, 2 cups of veggies, lettuce w/WF dressing, water
Dinner: Fish or Chicken, 2 cups of veggies, possible lettuce w/WF dressing, water, supplements
Snack: Protein snack bar, water

However, when I write out the calories I am getting just under 700, which seems way to low. The protein is 93 and the carbohydrates are 50.

I do not want to eat to little and have the opposite effect.

Thanks,
Dawn
Yes, not that I'm tracking calories per say - I'm following the plan and tracking my food so I can see trends if I'm having a rough week (did I get all my veggies - or did I miss my 2 tsp olive oil, etc). My food tracker does count the calories though and I'm right around 750 per day depending on chicken or fish and if I use a restricted that day or not. I usually add the two free egg whites to my day. If I use 8 oz beef instead of chicken or fish it's a bit higher for the day (we raise grass fed beef - very lean, so I eat beef fairly often). Carbs are around 50 and protein is right around 90 with packets and my own adds combined.

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to use alternative, after much research online and through this forum of Ideal Protein. However, I have information on Wonderslip which is quite similar. I noticed that WS has a morning snack and an after dinner protein dessert (pudding, cake, cheesecake.

Dawn
The most basic breakdown of IP protocol intake per day is:
3 protein packets
8oz real protein
4 cups Selected Veggies
Unlimited lettuce
*2 egg whites per day count as a "freebie" as well

You can actually divide that up around your day however works best for you, as long as you get everything in. Some folks eat a late dinner, so they have one of their packets around 4pm. Some (like you) do better with some kind of snack between breakfast and lunch, and use 1 cup of their veggies for that. I have done that, and just increased the amount of lettuce in my salad at lunch so I'm still filled up. Because the lettuce is unlimited, you can have a lettuce-only salad anytime you feel peckish. And if you want a little mid-morning boost, a 2 egg white omelet makes a great snack. Even the 8oz food protein can be broken up into separate portions if that works best.

The key is to make the diet work for you, adjust the timing of things to fit your body and your schedule.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote