Old 08-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

Default Food & Football

My son just called to let me know The Saints are playing tonight. I moaned to myself and wondered how many pds I've gained due to Saints Foot ball. I've rewarded my pet Penny and self with food for each score and self soothed with each lost game with pizza or ice cream. Let alone chips during the game as my tummy wrenched.
Can I watch football this season and turn a blind eye to( as my DH calls it) "The Porcus". Preseason as long as no gets hurt I'm ok. I might have to put my comp with 3FC online as I watch. I have to support my guys and my seceret love Drew Brees this year of all years. I wonder if football is on the same protocal as polotics on 3FC. How do you manage food and football?

Last edited by healthyginger; 08-09-2012 at 08:14 PM.
healthyginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #2  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello from a fellow Saints fan!! Personally, I made a healthy meal and snacks to eat during the game!! Now when someone else throws the party it is a bit harder.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #3  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I love football and I live in Nebraska. If anyone on here is from Nebraska, they'll ~know~ what I'm talking about.

Nebraska football games are a extended family event at my house. EVERY Saturday there's pizza with assorted munchies. I told myself, if there's any way I'm going to be able to lose this weight successfully, I have to find a way to get through these football games.

I calorie count so I just had to make sure I knew exactly how many calories are in a slice of pizza, and I'd stop at two slices. I'd maybe have 4 or 5 chips - enough to get the taste of them, but not the entire bowl. If there's beer, I always make sure it's under 100 calories a bottle and have just one.

You can get through it if you plan ahead, eat what you plan, and don't lose control.

Last edited by Vex; 08-10-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #4  

Thanks Tiff and Vex. Vex My DH is from Nebrasca so I do know thier football. right in line with LSU! He went to school down here & the 1st time he took me home to visit his folks we attened a packed LSU vrs Nebraska game . We lost and they were so mean to me I cried. I still -42 yrs later have not lived it down.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #5  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I'm sorry they were mean to you. Usually Nebraska fans are pretty nice to visiting team fans.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #6  
Workin for a New ankle

S/C/G: 256.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Vex... Nebraskan here too! I had not even thought about the consequences of the upcoming season on my weight loss journey! Ugh!

Ginger... That sucks! Sorry you were treated so poorly by the coenhusker fans

Last edited by Puffyamiyumifan; 08-11-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Puffyamiyumifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #7  

Thanks Vex and puffy. It was a very long time ago. I only remember it because my DH will comment still on how he can't believe I cried over football. I actually attended La. Tech with Terry Bradshaw so I wasn't use to loosing games. I was really spoiled cause at the time I got to enjoy great football with the no. 1 pro drafted Bradshaw just after I graduated with the La, state high school champs. Don't worry, mu beloved Saints have kept me humble for decades. LOL!
My son and I watched the superbowl game they won together from my bedside where I thought I was dieing at the time.I'd say bar wedding and births the happiest night of my life. OH come to think of it that game was the year after Terry left. It was Christmas ' 70.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #8  
Lisa Bean

S/C/G: 231/217/160

Height: 5'8"

Sorry they were mean! Going back to the eating topic I would just bring healthy snacks with you...
Lisabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #9  
the muse of memory

Healthy snacks, for sure. I made kale chips for the first time this weekend. A lovely, easy snack. I never would have made them if I hadn't had leftover kale from a recipe, but they really are good. Instead of olive oil, I used an olive oil spray and a liberal sprinkle of some greek seasoning and parmesan.

Close to chips, without the guilt. Maybe try them and make yourself a bowl to go along with your pizza, so you can get the snacking without the damage?
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote