Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 08:48 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Monday Thread

Good morning ladies!

Robin - I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, but at least he is at peace now and you know you made him as comfortable as possible while he was here. He was very lucky to have a family such as yours.

I've been doing a little better lately. I fell off the bandwagon for about a week, but I'm rpretty much back on (we all have our slip-ups right?)

So, long story before I tell you what I'm trying to do to get back OP. I weighed in a week ago and the leader said "haven't you been at this weight for a long time?" I said, "Yeah like 10 months now. I reached goal but not lifetime" and she said "oh, that's not right." because she knew (I had told her before) that I was thinking of not going anymore because I was still paying money and it wasn't worth it. So she fudged some numbers to make me a lifetime member (made me older and 1 inch taller).

So, I only have to worry (WI-wise) about maintaining right now. So that is my goal. I think it is a good one with trying to get over the ED at the same time. My goal is to write down everything I eat, and stay relatively close to my range (maintaining you are supposed to add 4 points to each end of your WW range). But really, my goal is just to write everything down because I haven't done that in a while.

Of course I'm going to try to go to the gym too (went this morning) but that is almost habit now (yay! even tho I'm not too fond of the gym). I don't really have a problem drinking all my water. Every now and then I have a problem with the veggies, but not too often. I'll keep you updated on how my new outlook on this goes and what's happening.

Oh and we haven't found a house yet. Everything in our price range is TINY. We are thinking of buying land and putting a modular house on it. We could get a bigger house (and new!) for the same amount of money.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 04-07-2003, 09:52 AM   #2  

Morning!

Robin, my condolences on your uncle's passing as well. It's amazing you've been able to stay on plan through all the stress.

Lori, that's awesome you no longer have to pay for weigh ins, and it sounds like you have good goals to stay back on track. I have been 'saying' for the last couple months that I'm back into things, but in reality I'm totally not. My eating has been so bad and the exercise is just non-existent. I feel like such a broken record and I'm starting to annoy even myself. If I want to lose weight, I just need to do it already. Anyway, my goal for this week is just to record everything I eat, like Lori. I have to get at least that part down. What happens usually is that if I have a goal of like 1500 calories (maybe btwn 25-30 pts?), and I go over it or I know I won't make it under that in a day for whatever reason (unexpected work lunch, coctails, etc), then I just totally blow it. I need to see how much I'm really eating on those days - it seriously could be more than 3000 calories. It just doesn't make sense to be so on plan some days, and then go way overboard on others. I understand slip-ups happen, but when they are 6 out of 7 days a week, it's a problem....

How was everyone's weekends? I had my oh-so boring training last week, but ran into Sam Donaldson of ABC news while waiting for my car in the parking garage. Saturday I spent way too much time fighting the tourist traffic downtown. It's peak Cherry Blossom time and people were just out of control. I forgot how much I hate driving in the city during tourist season. Saturday night I went to a dead celebrities party dressed as Jackie-O which was really fun. Yesterday I had big plans for doing grad school essays, but sat on the couch all day doing nothing
Old 04-07-2003, 11:12 AM   #3  

Morning everyone. Mind if I join? I am new to 3FC and just started WW last week. I am down 3.5 this week so I think its gonna work this time. Just thought I would jump in and say hello. Have a gread day.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:17 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi!

Hello everyone!! sorry I haven't been around much, I've been swamped at work (and actually still am, but wanted to stop in).

Things WW wise haven't been going all that well. There's been a lot going on, I've been kind of depressed and stressed, and I'm bored with what I've been eating, so I've been going out for lunch almost everyday and totally blowing it.

So, I gotta ask you guys for help--could you offer some suggestions for quick breakfasts (I currently have yogurt), easy lunches (lately, it's been a salad, turkey sandwich and fruit--totally boring) and some suggestions for single-serving dinners? Your help would be SO appreciated, because I've really got to get it together.

Robin--I'm sorry to hear that your uncle passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm sending you a hug!

Lori--That's awesome that your leader helped you reach Lifetime--it's frustrating to be at the same weight for a long time, I know. I'm sure you'll have no trouble with your new outlook, it sounds very sensible.

Lexxy--Welcome back! I remember you from when you posted before. It's good to see you back!!

OK, ladies, I better get some work done. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you offer for meals, I appreciate it greatly!! I'll try to stop back later!
Old 04-07-2003, 11:45 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI all. PG lady checking in. Things have been really rough at work, so I have been quiet. I have less than 4 weeks until I am due. I go in today to see the doc. I am on every week now. I have been SOOOO hungry lately I am eating everything and lots of it. YIKES, I am scared of the scale! I have also been so exausted and achey and now I got the cold that hubby had. UGHHH!!

Wednesday I am taking off of work to go to a basket weaving class. Not sure how that is going to work, but I will do my best. I figure I took a quilting class the weekend before I had Emma, so how should this be different?? The on Saturday I have to help teach a training. Since I can't stand and talk for long periods, I have the afternoon session. Then I am done with things I HAVE to do. Yahhhh...

I have been lurking like always. I can't wait to get this baby out of me tho!!!! It is so hard to move and I can't help much with Emma and I feel guilty. Hubby bought me flowers this weekend too because I am quite emotional at this stage!

Jess, I may not be the one to give you advice at the moment, but try a sandwich in the morning. When I get bored that is what I eat for breakfast. Call me weird, but I like it. Otherwise I eat eggs or egg whites, or even egg beaters. You can make a quicky omelet. Lunch... Hmm, try making a crockpot something and dishing out single servings for lunches. Most things you can even freeze for later. When I was single, I made some interesting things for dinner. Chicken breast sliced up and stir fried with veggies. A Chef Salad (you could eat that for lunch too). My mind is drawing a blank, but I hope that helps.

Well, I better get back to work... then off to the doctor.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:01 PM   #6  

Hi Karla, congrats on the 3.5 lbs!

Jen, I don't know how people do it....I can only imagine what it feels like being about to burst. it sounds so....fun! I think I'm probably going to be the worst pregnant lady ever! (if that ever happens...)

Jess, depressed and stressed sounds familiar! Let's see, for breakfast I sometimes do Nature Valley granola bars, plain instant oatmeal with raisins and sweetener, peanut butter and jelly on a tortilla, apple and string cheese - I eat breakfast at work, so no big preparation for me. For lunch I usually try to do salad too, which I know can get boring. Today though I made one with tomato, green and jalapeno peppers, leftover chicken, black beans, salsa and FF sour cream. It's HUGE and it's something different. I also like to do lean cuisines or leftovers from dinner. I actually never have sandwiches - bread and lunchmeat just aren't things I have on hand. If I'm cooking for dinner, I try to make enough for at least 1 or 2 lunches. I like rice and beans with salsa mixed in (I eat a lot of beans!). Last week I made angel hair pasta with chicken, tomatos, spinach, onion and asiago cheese - really good, from cooking light. Whenever I cook (and am being on plan) I try to divide the food into however many serving sizes right away, before I eat any of it. If it goes directly into tupperware, then there's less of a chance that I'll eat it all at once. I LOVE making boboli pizzas, but I usually end up eating the whole thing over the course of a day. Boca burgers are a great staple for individual servings. I'm not really a traditional meat and sides kind of person. I have an air-popper and sometimes even just have a huge bowl of popcorn for dinner. I have been slightly adventurous lately (really, I hate to cook!) and have made black bean cakes with spicy cilantro sauce (food network) and smoked gouda mac and cheese (cooking light. The cooking light website is great if you have an ingredient on hand that you'd like some ideas for. You can search the database and even create your own cookbook.

I love cookbooks and even watching the food network....I just don't really like to cook. I guess it makes sense though since I love to eat!!
Old 04-07-2003, 01:20 PM   #7  

Jess,
You may already know this idea but I got it at the WW meeting last week. Its for cinnamon rolls. Take reduce fat crecent rolls and sprinkly the inside with cinnamon and splenda, place a big marshmallow inside of it. Fold it up so the marshmallow won't leak out. Sprinkle the outside with more cinnamon and slpenda. Read the crecent rolls for the baking instructions. They are good left over or heated up the next morning. 3 pts per ( I think).
Old 04-07-2003, 01:55 PM   #8  

Karla,

Those sound totally yummy - exactly the type of thing I could never keep in my house. They would be all gone in 2.5 minutes!!
Old 04-07-2003, 02:03 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls....I think its time to fess up for me. I had a miscarriage last week, and through it all (the stress and hormones) I managed to overeat myself up 7.5 lbs...my leader says a lot of it is probably water and it shoudl settle down next week, but I thought I'd change my sig so I am "coming clean". Admittedly, I have eaten horribly the two weeks. And I have had HUGE cravings as well (mostly for chocolate which you can't have when pg). Anyway, I am back this week - focused on being OP and I have no excuse not to be.

As for the miscarriage, I am still kind of sad - I was only about 7 weeks along, but its still a loss. B/f is a little sad but he maintains that early miscarriages happen b/c there is something wrong with the baby and that when we are trying and ready for one, it'll work out. There could be some wisdom there But its my body that is changing so much! So I have to have a little sympathy from him...hee hee.

Anyway, Robin, sorry about Norman. I am glad you are able to handle that well. I am thinking of you!!

Lori - yay on your WI. I am back on the bandwagon with you today...

lexxy I so do the same thing you do - its a self-sabotage mentality! We must be strong and overcome that (let me know if you figure out how)

Welcome Karla - congrats on your 3.5 down!

Jess- hey, that "bored with what you are eating" thing might be onto something...I find that too! I was thinking of buying a new cookbook to get some fun OP ideas..?

Jen - sandwich in the morning, eh? Is that PG Jen talking or non-PG Jen?? Nice to hear from you!!

Well, back to work - so busy this week..and b/f is going away from Tues-Fri so I want to spend tonight with him, not working late. AND its Roch Voisine tonight (for you Canadians who know).

Yay!!

BBL
Old 04-07-2003, 02:32 PM   #10  

Height: 5'10"

BELLE- SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS BUT I THINK BF IS RIGHT, WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT IT WILL HAPPEN.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:43 PM   #11  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Belle, I had one too on Friday...what an awful thing to have to go through together. I'm so sorry to hear about that.

Well, folks, that's why I haven't been around much lately. I found out I was pregnant and was pretty nervous. Lab tests indicated that the numbers weren't what they should be, and that it would probably fail, so we were just waiting for it to happen.

Belle, PM me if you want... ((((hugs)))))
Old 04-07-2003, 02:59 PM   #12  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

First and foremost I want to say that I'm sorry for the loss that Aaronsmom and Belle went through.

I just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm Kelly, 30(soon to be 31) from Simcoe, Ontario, Canada. Married with 2 children from a previous marriage. Boy 12 girl 9.
I've just re-started WW at home for the umpteenth time today and am determined this is it! Summer is just around the corner! But who could tell with this snow storm we are getting here today!

You all sound like a great bunch of gals and I would love to be apart of this group to share our ups and downs, support and everyday issues.

I've read the recipe thread and love it! Can't wait to get started on some of those recipes!
Tonight we aren't having anything special. Shake and Bake chicken, either noodles or baked potatoes, have to ask dd when she gets home from school which she'd prefer and steamed broccoli. Dh is working afternoons this week so I only have to took for dd and myself(my son lives with his father)

Anyways...looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing the support.

~Kelly~
Old 04-07-2003, 03:41 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Belle and Jayne, I'm SOOOO sorry. My thoughts are with you both. I'm sending cyber hugs to both of yo.

Robin: My condolences, too, for your uncle's passing.

So much sad news. I hope everyone is doing OK and hanging in there.

I'm not sure what to write that wouldn't sound trite, so I won't. But I will say welcome to Kelly and Karla.

Last edited by kimobi; 04-07-2003 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:44 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls
Am currently snowed in! we have a foot outside or somewher thereabouts. am miraculously back OP and stayed there with compensating for nights out etc over the weekend
My sis has set her wedding date and I think that set a fire under my arse.
Jess this might sound gross but what about a ff hot d og for breakfast? its satiating I also either do 3/4 cups of kashi or a protienshake with berries or a poached egg in the micro
do you like chicken or tuna salad? I like to have it with matzoh (flavored)
or maybe go grab some interesting veggies from the market and make wrap sandwiches. try some interesting spreads Hummus or pesto mayo or something
Jayne and Belle we're here for you girls
alright back to the grind i wil bbl
Old 04-07-2003, 03:45 PM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle, So sorry to hear about your loss. Remember that it is for the best tho. When the time comes, things will happen. My doctor said 1 in 4 PG's end in miscarriage. I know a lot of people that have had them, so don't get discouraged, even tho it is hard.

As for the sammich.... that is both PG and non-PG Jen talking. While I am PG, I LOVE PB and Jelly sandwiches. YUMMM, can't have cold lunch meat while PG, so I settle for the PB. Tho now they say to stay away from peanuts too. UGHHH. But I don't. I also eat chocolate. But in moderation. I am not a chocoholic, only really crave it when I am PG.

Jayne, so sorry about your loss also. Were you trying to get PG? I know you said getting PG with Aaron was tough. I'll send you PG vibes if you want them.

OK as for me... I got YELLED AT. Kind of. My doctor was not overly pleased with my weight gain today. YIKES. SHe has never said a word until now. I was fine with Emma too. I think the fact that I gained 3 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks. But man I have been soooo hungry and also, the baby is growing a lot. Oh well. I have to go back weekly now. And she said I could come early if things are like when I was PG with Emma. That means less than 4 weeks. I am getting nervous!!! Not sure what I am going to do!!!

OK, I need a snack... Shame on me!!!
Closed Thread