Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chats Wednesday 08/08/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 08-08-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

had my WI yesterday not so good only 1 pound lost. i was wondering. could it be because i am in the process of building an outdoor kitchen at my home on the weekends. i am outside all day in 100+ heat and working hard. if so should i be eating more on the days i am working my fool but off? could that be what has slowed me down?

Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! Have an exciting day here today - my son's Babe Ruth team plays for the New England Regional title tonight in Quincy, MA. If they win, they go to the World Series in Van Buren, Arkansas. I may be too excited to eat!

Have a great OP day!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #4  

That is some crazy stuff. I played in that same turny in marion ARK. many years ago on my Babe Ruth team. i have a blast. we lost to a team out of New Orleans. the same team we beat to get there.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #5  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
had my WI yesterday not so good only 1 pound lost. i was wondering. could it be because i am in the process of building an outdoor kitchen at my home on the weekends. i am outside all day in 100+ heat and working hard. if so should i be eating more on the days i am working my fool but off? could that be what has slowed me down?

I think that you could definitely be over exerting. I lurk on the 'Men on IP' thread and the guys add packets with extra outdoor work like what you are describing...ESPECIALLY in the heat!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-08-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #6  

Loving this way of eating...yesterday I actually bought myself a bikini...pinch me!! Oh, wait, when I got home and put it on to show my DH, he was the one pinching me...LOL!!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all ! Just wanted to send a big BIG thank you to all of you that responded to my post yesterday! It was really touching.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. After 3 days of ailing/stalling weighed in this morning at 1 pound down from yesterday.

That's a whoosh for me! hope you all have a a great IP day.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I think that you could definitely be over exerting. I lurk on the 'Men on IP' thread and the guys add packets with extra outdoor work like what you are describing...ESPECIALLY in the heat!
thats good didnt know the thread was there i will have to go check it out. I have lost really fast so far didn't want that to stop. only been doing IP for 6 weeks.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Good morning everyone! Have an exciting day here today - my son's Babe Ruth team plays for the New England Regional title tonight in Quincy, MA. If they win, they go to the World Series in Van Buren, Arkansas. I may be too excited to eat!

Have a great OP day!!!
Good luck to your son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good morning everyone. After 3 days of ailing/stalling weighed in this morning at 1 pound down from yesterday.

That's a whoosh for me! hope you all have a a great IP day.
Awesome!

It's WI #2 for me today - I don't know if I've lost any pounds, but I'm hoping to see some different numbers when she measures me!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone - hope you all have a terrific day!
Sanibelover good luck to your son
IPdivajen Great bag - now I'm thinking what goal I should go for when I get to 100 - still have lots of time to think though lol!

You all keep me motivated every day - thanks!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #12  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, IPeeps,

About to finish the last part of our drive home. Another day of sitting (it does help rest the foot) and a bar, RTD and a Subway salad (then I'll be home and pick a less convenient snack for tonight). In yesterday's chat, last night, fitgirl2012 asked what salad I have. I like Subway because you can get exactly what you want. I have both the lettuce and the spinach. The lettuce helps make it lots of salad. Then I have them add all IP veggies I can. I have tomato since I love them and traveling is the only time I have them so that works for restricted. Now that they have priced even the veggie salad the same price as the ones with meat, I have some meat on it. That little bit of protein helps with the hungries on the road when it's hard to get to veggies, etc. I always use their oil and vinegar for dressing. Some have EVO, but I have not found it makes a difference in my loss if one time it isn't EVO. I wouldn't do that on any regular basis, though.

Also, from last night. Thanks for the well wishes, greeniris. I too enjoyed our dinner and time together. Good luck on your surgery. My foot is still the same, sometimes quite painful. The next test, 3 phase bone scan, is tomorrow. Evaluation appt with dr is not until Friday, 17th. so I'll still be hobbling around in the inflatable boot.

Good luck to all who WI today. Seems like Wednesdays are a big day for WIs.

Enjoy and stay OP.

Molly
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post

I would be sure to eat an extra packet, watch your electrolytes, be sure to get in your salt, maybe a little extra and extra water too. When we sweat a great deal and don't have enough water, constipation can occur, so that can also be a cause of extra weight hanging around. It will be gone soon.

All, I'm up a tad and no surprise - big C plus not quite perfect on phase 1. Have to be more disciplined about the meals/snacks. It's been a week of eating out, having guests, being in places for 4-8 hours with no access to a bathroom (boat), so I can understand why but yet, that shouldn't be an excuse for eating some of the wrong things - I should have just had water. What I'm glad about is that I'm up .8 of a pound, not more.

I'm also changing my goal weight from 135 to 140. At almost 56, 5'5", currently just about size 6 (8's a little big, some 6's snug), yesterday I noticed a little gauntness and sagging here and there. If I was 20 years younger, I would go down to 130 or 125, but right now, am concerned with the look of the overall physique. Am using argon oil and Jergens body firming cream to tighten my skin (thanks Sewmam for the advice on that - think its working on my arms).

Anyway, I haven't been as active as usual the past 2 weeks with the usual summer busy-ness - but have been reading when I can. So many new people!! I am truly excited for you! This is an amazing program - you will learn a great deal about your body, your health (resting pancreas, etc.) and possibly something about your motivations and emotions around food and develop some new great lifelong behaviors.

Also you will undoubtedly find you will make good friends here - we probably won't ever meet each other - but what an incredible and very real support group. So welcome!

Last edited by Chloe222; 08-08-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post

Have a great OP day!!!
Good luck to your son!
Closed Thread