Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #1  
RJR

S/C/G: 235/185/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Something I wrote about my weight loss

I wrote this on my blog yesterday and I thought I'd share here

I am losing weight really fast. 15 pounds in 26 days. That may seem extreme, but I've figured a few things out that might help it seem less drastic.

My *snack* was a six pack of mini caramel milky way bars at 600 calories for the pack, then a large canister of Pringles salt and vinegar chips at 1000 calories a can, also, a two-liter of Pepsi, at 850 calories. I did this two or three times a week and in the last few months I was getting TWO canisters of Pringles.

On top of this I ate the same size dinner that my husband did, and I ate a lot of other food too. I ate a LOT.

Now, I wasn't gaining weight, I was maintaining my weight with my activity level while eating somewhere around 800 calories of crap a day (average) and more food than I needed too.

So, it stands to reason that by having a lot less junk food, having smaller portions, and increasing my activity a small bit I would lose weight. I am eating four times a day and I feel pretty good.

A bit of additional background... my husband and I split up on 07/09 and that's when I started this. It's a really long, and twisted, story but the important part, in this case, is that I don't feel the need to eat because I feel so sad anymore. I am not sad all the time like I was... it's making things a lot easier.

Thanks for letting me share
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #2  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I had a similar revelation when I started calorie counting last year. It's amazing how much you can eat and maintain when you're at a high weight. Good for you for developing better eating habits. The longer you do it, the easier it gets.

Good luck!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote