General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #1  

Default Not Fair! I gained instead of loosing.....

Yesterday I weighed myself first time since beginning my dieting that is much needed. Just so I could know how much damage I have made to myself. Considering I gained about 55 lbs. Anyhow & I decided to weigh my self again this morning. I know that we should be weighing ourselves at the same time of day, and I did. But the scale maked ONE extra pound . How could that be?!? I did very well yesterday. I would have been ok with no weight loss but why ONE full pound more! Ughh!

The old Campana would have screwed up today knowing she already gained a pound. I easily get frusturated and want to give up if I don't see the same number on that scale or a lower number. But I know that with the help and good vibes from this website I will successfully complete this day without eating anything I shouldn't.

Thanks everyone!
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #2  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

You see, I do weigh daily. Yes, it's discouraging to see a higher number. We have all been there. May have had too much sodium the day before, it may be about time for TOM. There are so many things that could have caused it.

Keep your head up. You will get there.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

It's ok! Please don't be discouraged. Just keep on going, and it will work it self out! Today, my grandparents took me out to this Mongolian barbaque/ Chinese Buffet for lunch. I really didn't want to go! But, I did the Mongolian barbaque, had only veggies and chicken and minced garlic and chili oil they cook it in, and I already know I will see a gain tomrrow because I know I ate WAY to much sodium, even though I stayed on plan. You have to just keep moving forward. You can do it!
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Sheesh. Don't sweat one pound. That is the equivalent of some extra (ehem) body waste or some salty food. I gained 3 lbs overnight yesterday, and it's already all gone now. It's not real weight, it was just sodium water retention. One pound is the equivalent of 3500 calories above what you burned. If you didn't eat that, you didn't gain that. The best advice is not to come to expect lower numbers on the scale every time you get on it. Just celebrate it when it does happen, and for goodness' sakes don't give up when it doesn't. That is the definition of failure. If you stay at it, you will lose. Come here and read other people's posts and realize you are not alone, but you can do it.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #5  

Thank you for replying. I was just having one of those days. I needed to vent and well I did

However thank you so much for the encouragement. That is why I signed up for this website. I knew that on days like those I would be able to come in here and read some stories to get inspired, and post as well to receive support.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am happy to announce that as of today I have lost 1.5 pounds! I know it is not much but it is a good start! I hope I can come more often and post my weight loss.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #6  
Born to lose!

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

I would like to add to what Brandis said. You really shouldn't weigh yourself everyday, because your body will fluctuate around two or three pounds everyday. It's best to weigh yourself once a week, I think.

But congrats on your loss!

Last edited by jamie26301; 08-05-2012 at 03:55 PM.
jamie26301 is offline   Reply With Quote