Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #1  

Default First day doing WW on my own!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting on the fourm and just thought i'd say hello! Today is my first day doing WW! (on my own)

Ive downloaded the Ultimate Value Diary App for my iPhone and I find it's extremely helpful! I'm currently allowed 43 points with over 100 lbs. to lose! It seems like a daunting task but I'm ready for it.

Basically from what I've read I can eat anything I want so long as I stay within my daily allowance. With fruits and veggies being 0 points?

I'm really hoping I can be successful on this diet and wish everyone the best of luck on their journey!!!

tinselbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Tinselbear! I just started WW on my own today as well. I joined 2 summers ago and lost almost 40lbs in about 3 months. I've been slacking recently and need to get back to keeping my portion sizes in check! I don't have a phone with app ability so I am doing it the old fashion way, I bought the WW 3 month paper tracker Good luck, we can do this!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
Hi Tinselbear! I just started WW on my own today as well. I joined 2 summers ago and lost almost 40lbs in about 3 months. I've been slacking recently and need to get back to keeping my portion sizes in check! I don't have a phone with app ability so I am doing it the old fashion way, I bought the WW 3 month paper tracker Good luck, we can do this!
That's great!! 40lbs in 3 months is an amazing accomplishment! I really hope I am able to do something like that! I hope to lose 50 pounds by mid November for my birthday! It would be a wonderful present to myself

I too have been slacking since the summer has begun. Far too many BBQ's and ice cream nights! Good luck to you aswell and we CAN do it!! We have eachother for encouragement now! lol
tinselbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/180

Height: 5'5"

I've just joined this forum and I am thinking about trying WW on my own as well. I've done it before a few years back (and have gained it all back and then some). My first major goal will be to get under 200.
Good luck to you and keep me posted on your journey!
chipaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/see tracker/170

Height: 5'11"

This sounds exactly like me! I have the same app (which I LOVE!), I'm only allowed 43pts and I have 100lbs to lose.

It can feel daunting trying to lose 100lbs, but just stick with small goals. I tried focusing on 5lbs and before I knew it, I've managed to lose 10lbs! If I can do it, you can too!!!

Keep us posted on your weight loss journey!
kireos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

When I started WW last January, I also had 43 points a day. I'm now down to 35 points a day and that's just fine because I'm down well over 50 pounds as well.

The best advice I can give is to treat yourself gently, take one day at a time and read everything you can on the website. Also, get involved in community both here and there. Good luck, y'all!
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote