Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 07/27/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 07-27-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning IP Family.
I'm loving the summer, and loving figuring out what works for me in maintenance. Just remember everyone, the things you're giving up are just for now, not forever.
Will be attending a wedding this evening and, by the advice of my daughters, I will be rockin the quintessential little black dress! Thanks IP.
Wishing everyone a gread OP day!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #3  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Morning IP Family.
I'm loving the summer, and loving figuring out what works for me in maintenance. Just remember everyone, the things you're giving up are just for now, not forever.
Will be attending a wedding this evening and, by the advice of my daughters, I will be rockin the quintessential little black dress! Thanks IP.
Wishing everyone a gread OP day!
Photos please.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

I just got through Thursday's postings, so many great posts! Once school is back in session I need to force myself not to read until evening otherwise I get sucked in to the vortex.

LizRR you look GREAT!

I'm sad that I don't have a before pic (I've avoided the camera for years). I don't know why the clinic didn't take one?? When my husband and I were on our "honeymoon" trip a few weeks ago, I loved being able to wear cute clothes, it makes such a difference. It was sweet because he kept taking pictures of me because he said he didn't have any. Jeeze big surprise there.

My home scale ( I weigh myself once per day when I first wake up) reports that I'm back at my pre-France weight. 5.5 pounds lost since Sunday???? Crazy but very much appreciated.

Kids and I are volunteering at the soup kitchen again this morning. We made 40 bagged lunches yesterday. Last week it was really cool as they put us in the front line handing out meals directly to the guests. Of course I get put at the dessert table and it was all very yummy looking. I'm like seriously Julie STOP you are not stealing the homeless people's food. I was humbled by the kind comments that the majority of the people made and horrified by some not so kind complainers about having spaghetti (again). Either way it was a cool experience and I'm looking forward to today.

I have two days next week that I need to travel. 1 of the meals is "preset" and 2 lunches out in restaurants. I'm going to bring some packets for the remainder and attempt to follow phase 2 for the meals out. I'm going to make 3 batches of my homemade vinegar and oil that I love, put each in a little pill container from the pharmacy and carry in my purse.

Here is my issue: I have many great supportive people surrounding me but I have a few people in my world that sometimes badger me at social events. What do you say to these people??? "you don't need to lose weight" "have a vodka- it has no sugar" "seriously- you can't have a strawberry??? what kind of diet is this?). I know they are unhappy with themselves but I hate having to explain my choices. I am not good with confrontational people- I like to quietly fly under the radar and not receive any attention. I hate that they are assessing my body (i.e. you don't need to lose). I'm thinking a simple response like "i'm fine with it" and if it continues saying "seriously I'm fine.... I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up". Its worse than highschool! I feel like I need to go in armed, sad as it is.

Anyway....thats about it for me
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #5  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning from rainy Florida. Let's all have a wonderful day, stay OP, it's worth it, YOU'RE worth it!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday Peeps!
The clinic I go to suggested slow pilates or yoga as exercise, as well as walking. Well, I got this old Denice Austin DVD that has 1 session of each. Well, the first one seemed easy, so I did the second. Fine. Some things were too hard- but I did the best I could. Next day woke up- all fine. The through the day, I got more and more sore. Wow, that program really kicked me! Obviously using some different muscles! haha. Its good for me, right?
Last night I walked a mile. Hoped for 2, but the heat and humidity were fierce!
Still somewhat sore this AM, but fine.
This is such an encouraging group of folks. I love hanging out here! Tomorrow marks 3 months on program, and right at 30 pounds lost. I am so glad to have found the program and this forum! Good weekend, all!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

Default An article from my coach

Sorry for so many posts today! My coach emailed out this article. I thought it was good (no surprises though). I had my kids read it and they understood what it was saying. Sometimes its good to hear something from someone other than mom.

I wanted to share it with the community.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pasta, Not Bacon, Makes you Fat..pdf (1.78 MB, 70 views)
Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

FINALLY FRIDAY!!

Good morning everyone - have a great day and stay OP!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #9  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone! Unofficially, I did it! Dropped into the next decade...My scales read 169.2 this morning Next official WI is next Thursday (only go every 2 weeks).

Julie, though I haven't had to deal with people pushing food at me yet this time around, a few years ago I lost over 40 lbs. Got down to 150-something. My mother started freaking out, saying I'm going to become anorexic! Really??? I'm 5'2". Was actually still way too heavy! Geez. There are so many comments you can make in these situations, but you do NOT have to explain your choices to anyone! For those annoying people who just won't let it go, I would say "This is my private business. I know what I'm doing and am very happy with how healthy I'm becoming." Or something along that line. Good luck!
Dakin - Have a great time tonight!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #10  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Good morning. Just made the vanilla drink added a dash of rum & cocoanut extract and blended up with ice. WOW. Just need a beach and I would be in heaven.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Good Morning All....I had my WI #3 this morning.....only down 1lb. I am struggling with it because in my mind it is ONLY 1 lb....but then my mind also says I lost 7 lbs last week so how can I expect to have another big number this week?? UGH....I feel crazy going back and forth....I will press on and continue to move on as I know I stayed 100% OP....we didn't measure so here's to a BIG week next week!!! Everyone have a GREAT day.....
Old 07-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #12  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning everyone! Unofficially, I did it! Dropped into the next decade...My scales read 169.2 this morning Next official WI is next Thursday (only go every 2 weeks).
Woo-hoo! Love leaving a decade behind! You are closing in on your goal! By the way, your new avatar is beautiful. This program agrees with you!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

Julie, though I haven't had to deal with people pushing food at me yet this time around, a few years ago I lost over 40 lbs. Got down to 150-something. My mother started freaking out, saying I'm going to become anorexic! Really??? I'm 5'2". Was actually still way too heavy! Geez. There are so many comments you can make in these situations, but you do NOT have to explain your choices to anyone! For those annoying people who just won't let it go, I would say "This is my private business. I know what I'm doing and am very happy with how healthy I'm becoming." Or something along that line. Good luck!
Dakin - Have a great time tonight!
I love the addition of coconut, I use the Torani Coconut sugar-free syrup and add it to the Wildberry yogurt, plus a drop of raspberry flavor and blend it with ice, it is so good!

I live in the Corning-Elmira area of NY and Elmira got nailed by the storms, state of emergency, thank heavens no one was killed or seriously hurt.
Have a great day!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #14  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

I hit the 30 pound off goal. Wheee!. I was at 28 pounds off two weeks ago, but then I had the mysterious 5 pound gain that stayed steady for two weeks and finally went away taking another pound with it today.

30 pound goal is YARN, perfect timing because I'm going out of town this weekend and get to visit a yarn store. (For those of you who don't knit, that sounds boring, for those of you who knit or crochet you know it is exciting. And, by the way, if you are a knit/crochet person join the Ideal Protein Group on Ravelry where we are all knitting smaller things for ourselves.)

I've taken 12 inches off my waist and the sweater I knit hoping to fit into by September already fits. So this time It will be a size smaller. Yippeee!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #15  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Good Morning All....I had my WI #3 this morning.....only down 1lb. I am struggling with it because in my mind it is ONLY 1 lb....but then my mind also says I lost 7 lbs last week so how can I expect to have another big number this week?? UGH....I feel crazy going back and forth....I will press on and continue to move on as I know I stayed 100% OP....we didn't measure so here's to a BIG week next week!!! Everyone have a GREAT day.....
Hi Jodster! I lost only 1 pound on week 3. I was sad, but just kept trudging through, 100% OP. Well, this week I had my WI and had lost 6.5 pounds! Low weeks suck, but big weeks are awesome...just one more piece of this emotional rollercoaster! If anything, just know, you are not alone! I can totally relate, but JUST KEEP GOING!
Closed Thread