Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #1  
LNC

Default Help me restart!

I lost 75 lbs. two years ago with Ideal Protein, on my own. I don't have a center nearby. I wasn't quite at my goal - still needed to lose 25 lbs, but I looked and felt soooo much better.

I had to take iv solumedrol (steroids) and gained 25 lbs. slowly over 8 months. My appetite was out of control. I didn't go hog wild over carbs bc I have that ingrained now. But, I added lt. ranch, almonds, too much shredded cheese to salads, dk. chocolate a few times per week, occasional whole grains a few times per week. etc. I know what I need to cut and what I need to do. My willpower isn't quite there yet. I had fantastic willpower when I followed Ideal Protein principles 100%, I guess it was bc I was in ketosis.

So, I would like to lose the 25lbs. as a first mini goal and then the last 25lbs. to be at my goal. I am hovering at a little over 200 and I'm 5'8". I cannot exercise bc I'm mobility impaired, and I have very little muscle strength.

Any encouragement or advice to get kickstarted would be appreciated! I will read the threads about substitutes to save money. I use all Diet Direct products that line up with Ideal Protein nutrition, but are much less expensive... Here is my line up, I am getting ready to start up again...

2 eggs for breakfast with black coffee
Wonderslim chili or pudding/shake packet for lunch
romaine lettuce/bell peppers/onion for snack
Chicken or fish with vegetables for dinner
Wonderslim pudding/shake packet for evening snack

Last edited by LNC; 07-26-2012 at 07:32 AM.
LNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNC View Post
I lost 75 lbs. two years ago with Ideal Protein, on my own. I don't have a center nearby. I wasn't quite at my goal - still needed to lose 25 lbs, but I looked and felt soooo much better.

I had to take iv solumedrol (steroids) and gained 25 lbs. slowly over 8 months. My appetite was out of control. I didn't go hog wild over carbs bc I have that ingrained now. But, I added lt. ranch, almonds, too much shredded cheese to salads, dk. chocolate a few times per week, occasional whole grains a few times per week. etc. I know what I need to cut and what I need to do. My willpower isn't quite there yet. I had fantastic willpower when I followed Ideal Protein principles 100%, I guess it was bc I was in ketosis.

So, I would like to lose the 25lbs. as a first mini goal and then the last 25lbs. to be at my goal. I am hovering at a little over 200 and I'm 5'8". I cannot exercise bc I'm mobility impaired, and I have very little muscle strength.

Any encouragement or advice to get kickstarted would be appreciated! I will read the threads about substitutes to save money. I use all Diet Direct products that line up with Ideal Protein nutrition, but are much less expensive... Here is my line up, I am getting ready to start up again...

Well you already know that you can do it, you've proven that to yourself; and knowing where you got off track is also a big plus! I haven't heard of or used the wonderslim products, I use a lot of Protidiet and proti-thin products. Good luck to you!
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

You have come to the right place. There is lots of encouragement and support here. You know you can do it. You have done it before. You have already taken the first step to start your journey back.

Good luck!
cyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/155/140

Height: 5'3"

You have got this!!! You know already that week one is the hardest, and that this is nothing more than a challenge of willpower and mental strength!

Stick to it and remember - eat to LIVE, not live to Eat!

GOOD LUCK!
ChunkyMonkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Good luck NLC! I am restarting today as well. I was taking a summer break as we live near the shore and entertain alot during the summer. Well, I've slowly gained 4 lbs. over the last 2 months so I want to lose that and 6 more. I am using alternatives this time and am going to try to do it on my own without the coaching. Will check in here daily - all of these wonderful ladies are such great motivators!
kms12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #6  
LNC

Thanks so much everyone. I've made it through almost half of the first day back on track. I should be in ketosis in a few days and that will help the willpower a lot.
LNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

you can do itYour jumping right back in the saddle and you're going to get it done.
yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7'

I restarted on monday after being off IP since Dec. I put weight back on that i never want to see again! We can do this!!! We know IP works
I am using all alternative products this time
Good luck to all!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/191/148

Height: 5'9"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNC View Post

I too need help restarting. I have not been consistently on the program starting July 3 when I had a slice of a co-workers b-day cake, then my excuse was July 4th desserts, went to the state fair and had some smoked turkey leg, then turned around and ate a corn dog, then we had another cookout the following weekend not so bad not totally off, went to a few movies and had popcorn, then I went on a binge after my not so good weigh in, 4 straight days of having one meal off plan (including part of a funnel cake with ice cream), Called myself getting back on plan, but I ate some rotisserie spare ribs, threw that up because my stomach couldn't digest all of that grease. Swore I was going to get back on plan and went out to have a last meal of Nachos, followed by a McDonald breakfast of a sausage biscuit and hash brown which I didn't enjoy. Swore again that I was going to be OP, went all day 100% OP, went to the local Italian restaurant and ordered grilled salmon and broccoli rabe. Why did I eat the 3 small homemade bread rolls??? What is wrong with me? I need to get back to the place I was when I first started and stuck to the plan. I don't know how! I have had great success with the program and I know that I know that I know, once I am in ketosis that I won't have all of these cravings. Maybe I have gotten comfortable at my current weight, now that I can wear a size 14 in a regular store. I still have 45-50lbs to lose. If this plan doesn't work for me, I don't know what will. This is my last hope. I am feeling that I need therapy.

I was thinking that maybe I would take a break and then start again.

I am in this spiral of being on plan and cheating, beating myself up starting again, then sabotaging myself somehow.

For those that are 100% OP, please let me know how you do it.

Last edited by lotusflowerbomb; 07-26-2012 at 03:39 PM.
lotusflowerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflowerbomb View Post
I too need help restarting. I have not been consistently on the program starting July 3 when I had a slice of a co-workers b-day cake, then my excuse was July 4th desserts, went to the state fair and had some smoked turkey leg, then turned around and ate a corn dog, then we had another cookout the following weekend not so bad not totally off, went to a few movies and had popcorn, then I went on a binge after my my not so go weigh in, 4 straight days of having one meal off plan (including part of a funnel cake with ice cream), Called myself getting back on plan, but I ate some rotisserie spare ribs, threw that up becasue my stomach couldn't digest all of that grease. Swore I was going to get back on plan and went out to have a last meal of Nachos, followed by a McDonals breafast of a sausage biscut and hasbrown wich I didn't enjoy. Swore again that I was going to be OP, went all day 100% OP, went to the local italian restaruant and ordered grilled salmon and brocoli rabe. Why did I eat the 3 small homemade bread rolls??? What is wrong with me? I need to get back to the place I was when I first started. I don't know how! I have had great success with the program and I know that I know that I know, once I am in ketosis that I won't have all of these cravings. Maybe I have gotten comfortable at my current weight, now that I can wear a size 14 in a regular store. I still have 45-50lbs to loose. If this plan doesn't work for me, I don't know what will. This is my last hope. I am feeling that I need therapy.

I am in this spiral of being on plan and cheating, beating myself up starting again, then sabotaging myself somehow.

I've only been on the plan for 5 weeks. But what I admire about your post, is just that...you posted, and not only that you included all the gory details. You can do this thing.
yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflowerbomb View Post
I too need help restarting. I have not been consistently on the program starting July 3 when I had a slice of a co-workers b-day cake, then my excuse was July 4th desserts, went to the state fair and had some smoked turkey leg, then turned around and ate a corn dog, then we had another cookout the following weekend not so bad not totally off, went to a few movies and had popcorn, then I went on a binge after my not so good weigh in, 4 straight days of having one meal off plan (including part of a funnel cake with ice cream), Called myself getting back on plan, but I ate some rotisserie spare ribs, threw that up because my stomach couldn't digest all of that grease. Swore I was going to get back on plan and went out to have a last meal of Nachos, followed by a McDonald breakfast of a sausage biscuit and hash brown which I didn't enjoy. Swore again that I was going to be OP, went all day 100% OP, went to the local Italian restaurant and ordered grilled salmon and broccoli rabe. Why did I eat the 3 small homemade bread rolls??? What is wrong with me? I need to get back to the place I was when I first started and stuck to the plan. I don't know how! I have had great success with the program and I know that I know that I know, once I am in ketosis that I won't have all of these cravings. Maybe I have gotten comfortable at my current weight, now that I can wear a size 14 in a regular store. I still have 45-50lbs to lose. If this plan doesn't work for me, I don't know what will. This is my last hope. I am feeling that I need therapy.

I do it because I committed to doing this. It helps that I want to do it, because I value my health, because I love knowing every day I'm getting my body in better and better condition even when the scale doesn't move or my clothes aren't feeling any looser. I know the loss in pounds and inches is coming, maybe in the next hour. I know I can only do this 1 day at a time, 1 minute at a time. I do not worry that in 5 minutes I will cheat. I simply expect that I will stay OP. If I have anything off program, it might be a little extra protein but then I typically work out 5 times a week, 2 of those are pretty intense and I've been exercising for a while (years) so not exercising would be difficult (have back and body injuries which require I keep strong to stay painfree or as close to that as possible.)

I think timing is important in starting a diet and being able to commit to it. If you aren't ready, you will waffle and put yourself through misery starting, cheating, stopping, starting, etc.

You know what to do and how to do it. When the time is right, do it and don't look back. Keep looking forward, expect the best of yourself, love yourself, you are worth it, but you have to believe that and want to be healthier and weigh less.

When I started, I refused to go out to eat for the first month. I would entertain at home, using a carefully crafted menu. Be careful who you hang around with, your environment - if you're not strong - can sway you easily into doing something that's not for your ultimate good.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 238/191/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I do it because I committed to doing this. It helps that I want to do it, because I value my health, because I love knowing every day I'm getting my body in better and better condition even when the scale doesn't move or my clothes aren't feeling any looser. I know the loss in pounds and inches is coming, maybe in the next hour. I know I can only do this 1 day at a time, 1 minute at a time. I do not worry that in 5 minutes I will cheat. I simply expect that I will stay OP. If I have anything off program, it might be a little extra protein but then I typically work out 5 times a week, 2 of those are pretty intense and I've been exercising for a while (years) so not exercising would be difficult (have back and body injuries which require I keep strong to stay painfree or as close to that as possible.)

I think timing is important in starting a diet and being able to commit to it. If you aren't ready, you will waffle and put yourself through misery starting, cheating, stopping, starting, etc.

You know what to do and how to do it. When the time is right, do it and don't look back. Keep looking forward, expect the best of yourself, love yourself, you are worth it, but you have to believe that and want to be healthier and weigh less.

When I started, I refused to go out to eat for the first month. I would entertain at home, using a carefully crafted menu. Be careful who you hang around with, your environment - if you're not strong - can sway you easily into doing something that's not for your ultimate good.

Thanks so much for this advice. Since my post, I have been on plan. I think admitting my sins did me alot of good. I also ordered some emotional overeating self help books.
lotusflowerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #13  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everyone,

Everybody who is struggling to re-start like me, please join us on the thread I created "Home of the Re-Starters" where we could encourage each other.

We can do this.

Good luck.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

You should also consider a little extra fat. I also am an intense exerciser, and I have found that I always have more energy and lose better when I add either more fat (ie a little extra oil or 1 tbsp butter) or ensure I eat fattier protein choices. Plain chicken breasts and white fish just don't seem to cut it.

This became even more helpful as I got closer to goal as my body fat is fairly low. I think the body needs fat to release stored fat!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #15  

Default I've gained back 10 lbs since I finished out my Ideal Protein weight loss program!

Please help! I am so discouraged with myself......I did the ideal Protein diet for 7 months and lost 40 lbs. As soon as Phase 4 started I began gaining weight back due to my own bad choices and now 10 lbs heavier :-( I really feel it and I have gone off the bandwagon terribly. I cannot afford to get on the actual program again buying the products. Any alternatives? I know the I.P protocol works but the $$ isn't in the budget. I want to get this back in control before it gets too overwhelming. Any encouragement and suggestions is MUCH appreciated. I don't want to keep taking steps backwards. Sometimes I feel like I have forgotten eveything I learned..... I am thankful I can reach out to understanding people. :-)
twess1 is offline   Reply With Quote