General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Default Breast augmentation? :]

Hey there! I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have had a BA?
I'm getting one as a gift sometime around my birthday.

This is somewhat overwhelming, haha. I found one whose location would be the most convenient but I can't tell by his before/after pictures if the work he does is that good or not! I mean, I think it is. But I guess I just haven't seen that many boobs. lol!

His name is Dr. Foley and he works in Olympia WA. If anyone feels like taking a peak at his before/afters and giving me some input that would be fantastic! I haven't been to a consultation yet because it's 50 bucks, but I wanted to get some opinions and very few people I know in person know that I'm going to be doing this! so it's our secret.

For the ladies who have had theirs done, how has losing weight been since your surgery?
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

I have not had the surgery, but I would suggest getting to goal prior to having the surgery. I say this because you may be happier with the final results if your breasts are proportionate to your frame.
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #3  

Yes that's kind of what I was thinking, too.
That's why I sort of pushed it out as a birthday gift. Birthday is five months away and then I'll probably give it another few months so I can reach my goal and also figure out babysitting and where I'll be staying for at least the first night after and al of that

Thanks!
I didn't even think about the proportion issue. I was all worried about working out while healing. That's a great point.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #4  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

So I took a look at his work. It was not bad at all, but they all seem to have a fake, bubble quality to them. That is not a bad thing,of that is the shape you desire. All of the patients post-op no longer have any slope to their breasts, which is favorable amongst women who like the "boob job" look, where it gives a lot of cleavage and bubble on the topmost portion of your breasts. The alternative is a more natural teardrop shaped implant.

There are a lot of choices, that you should mostly be making before you get in there. At the very least, you need to families with all the options. Do you want saline, silicone or "gummi bear". The last one wasnt even offered at his office, and it is the "latest and greatest" form of silicone. Where do you want you incision? Why? Are your breasts very "fatty"? As you lose weight, do they? This could be a bug problem in having the procedure done before being at goal. How big do you want? What projection?

Does your insurance cover related health expenses, or will you be purchasing plastic surgery insurance. Des your provider carry this? It basically gives you additional health insurance on your boobs, so that if you were to be sick or hospitalized for any reason and your insurance decides it relates to your boobs (an elective procedure) it will probably not be covered. Like a women who had a blood clot months after surgery, unrelated, but her insurance insisted it was due to her breast surgery, and therefore she footed the 3K hospital bill!

Can you afford to have them redone in five or ten years? Can you afford to take off work and have someone take care of you, not just the first time, but if there are problems and you need a repair surgery within the next six months?

Anyhooo...it's a big deal, and I have seen some scary and downright ugly boobjobs. Don't be one of them! I had my breasts done this past March and it was a wonderful decision. Good luck!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
So I took a look at his work. It was not bad at all, but they all seem to have a fake, bubble quality to them. That is not a bad thing,of that is the shape you desire. All of the patients post-op no longer have any slope to their breasts, which is favorable amongst women who like the "boob job" look, where it gives a lot of cleavage and bubble on the topmost portion of your breasts. The alternative is a more natural teardrop shaped implant.

There are a lot of choices, that you should mostly be making before you get in there. At the very least, you need to families with all the options. Do you want saline, silicone or "gummi bear". The last one wasnt even offered at his office, and it is the "latest and greatest" form of silicone. Where do you want you incision? Why? Are your breasts very "fatty"? As you lose weight, do they? This could be a bug problem in having the procedure done before being at goal. How big do you want? What projection?

Does your insurance cover related health expenses, or will you be purchasing plastic surgery insurance. Des your provider carry this? It basically gives you additional health insurance on your boobs, so that if you were to be sick or hospitalized for any reason and your insurance decides it relates to your boobs (an elective procedure) it will probably not be covered. Like a women who had a blood clot months after surgery, unrelated, but her insurance insisted it was due to her breast surgery, and therefore she footed the 3K hospital bill!

Can you afford to have them redone in five or ten years? Can you afford to take off work and have someone take care of you, not just the first time, but if there are problems and you need a repair surgery within the next six months?

Anyhooo...it's a big deal, and I have seen some scary and downright ugly boobjobs. Don't be one of them! I had my breasts done this past March and it was a wonderful decision. Good luck!

Thank you so much for checking him out! And replying :3
I don't mind the obvious fake look as long as I'm able to play them down.
I had a consultation with a different PS and we decided on 650cc Silicone unders, with the crease incision because I'll also have to get the crease lowered a couple inches. I called another office as well, and the silicone implants have a warranty on them, saline do as well if I pay an extra 100 dollars.

Thankfully the person who is gifting them now has said when they need replacing I can let her know, which is neat. (It's my granny so I trust her )

And unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) even when I was at my heaviest I was the same size chest as I am now, which is quite flat :I

I'm going to talk to my insurance company though! I didn't think about that, thank you.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #6  
Back to Basics!

You can still have the crease lowered if you go through the armpits. :-) enjoy! You will love them!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #7  

I didn't know that! Is that where yours was? And thank youu
Old 07-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I had mine done when I was 42. I was 168 lb at time of surgery. I chose silicone, placed under the muscle. Lost 30 lbs AFTER the surgery and ... this was my avatar for a LONGGGGG time (until I regained the weight & another 30 lb on top of that.... ugh!!!)

I LOVE my "bobbles"!! They are SO MUCH FUN, and yes, I mean that literally. They look & feel pretty "real" - only one person has guessed that I had a job. Plus, I am much more "even" in my body now - clothes look much better; easier to make an outfit work right. I have never once regretted it, and I had a GREAT doctor (that makes all the diff in the world) and recovery went smoothly. The 1st three days, it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. But good drugs took care of that!

Just know that, as with any surgery, there are always risks. Ask as many questions to your doc as you can think of. Don't be shy about it either!

But I have to say.... 650cc???? THAT IS BASKETBALL HUGE. I had 425cc's and went from a "generous A-to-a-barely-B cup" to a "heavy duty C cup" (most people think I'm a D cup, but all my bras are C-cups)

At any rate, good luck - hope you make the right choice FOR YOU.

ETA: a better pic of my bobbles (& the fresh hair cut I got last week!)

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 07-27-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #9  
Back to Basics!

I had 450 cc under the muscle cohesive gel "gummi bear" silicone implants, with an incision under my armpits. My bra size is 32 F-G, not because the implant size it outrageously huge, but because my band size is very small.

P.s. after the weight ,OSS, I had almost no breat tissue AT ALL, so my volume is almost completely from the implant, not aided by my own issue, which makes a huge difference when picking size! This is also why it is critical to know what size your natural breasts will be at your GOAL weight, as it will impact how many cc you will need.

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 07-27-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #10  

Quote:
I LOVE my "bobbles"!! They are SO MUCH FUN, and yes, I mean that literally. They look & feel pretty "real" - only one person has guessed that I had a job. Plus, I am much more "even" in my body now - clothes look much better; easier to make an outfit work right. I have never once regretted it, and I had a GREAT doctor (that makes all the diff in the world) and recovery went smoothly. The 1st three days, it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. But good drugs took care of that!

Just know that, as with any surgery, there are always risks. Ask as many questions to your doc as you can think of. Don't be shy about it either!

But I have to say.... 650cc???? THAT IS BASKETBALL HUGE. I had 425cc's and went from a "generous A-to-a-barely-B cup" to a "heavy duty C cup" (most people think I'm a D cup, but all my bras are C-cups)

At any rate, good luck - hope you make the right choice FOR YOU.

ETA: a better pic of my bobbles (& the fresh hair cut I got last week!)
You, ma'am, are gorgeous And yeah I almost fainted when most of the surgeons I spoke to recommended anywhere from 500-650 (I've seen 4 now, I see another one on Monday because I want to shop around lol) But the way they explained it was, well, my shoulders are enormous. lol. Even at my thinnest I looked like a football player. So the ps's guessed my body would 'eat up ccs'

Quote:
I had 450 cc under the muscle cohesive gel "gummi bear" silicone implants, with an incision under my armpits. My bra size is 32 F-G, not because the implant size it outrageously huge, but because my band size is very small.

P.s. after the weight ,OSS, I had almost no breat tissue AT ALL, so my volume is almost completely from the implant, not aided by my own issue, which makes a huge difference when picking size! This is also why it is critical to know what size your natural breasts will be at your GOAL weight, as it will impact how many cc you will need.
I'm doing the cohesive gel implants, too It's awesome how much they feel like normal tissue. My PS's pointed that out to me, too. They said we should wait until the surgery is scheduled to be for sure about sizes but it's good to try on sizers and everything now. A couple also mentioned that most women wish they went bigger.

I have another consultation tomorrow and this doctor is really cute I'll probably come post about how that went! haha