Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Question Apple Body Shape=More Packets??!

So this is my second week and because I am still crazy hungry, holding on to so much water and didn't have as big of a loss as expected my coach was baffled and called 'Head Office' to see what is up.

I am very apple shaped and carry the majority of my weight around my torso. Because of this they said I need to eat 4-5 packets for 2+ weeks until my body gets used to this diet. And after my body gets used to it I can gradually decrease the number of packets i'm eating and get to the minimum 3 packets per day. After that i should have a faster weightloss.

Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what did your coach say to do?

Thanks for your input
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

I have not had that experience, but I just wanted you to know you have come to the right place for support! Feel free to come to the daily chat for support, inspiration or just to vent.
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #3  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Sheena: That sounds weird that they are having you go up to 5 packets, I'd totally get 4, that's normal part of the protocol for some people for the first week or two, but 5? I don't think it'll slow your weight loss down a whole lot. Are you getting the right amount of salt, oil, water and veggies? I'd think the water retention could be a result of the salt and water if it's not the right amount maybe.

You have come to the right place tough, welcome to the team, and we're all here for you!
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

When I first started Ideal Protein, my doctor told me to eat 4 packets a day because I weighed over 230 pounds. I did that for a week and then felt very comfortable eating the regular 3 packets a day after that. I think it probably has more to do with your weight than where you carry your weight (I also carry my weight around my middle).

Good luck!
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Sheena: That sounds weird that they are having you go up to 5 packets, I'd totally get 4, that's normal part of the protocol for some people for the first week or two, but 5? I don't think it'll slow your weight loss down a whole lot. Are you getting the right amount of salt, oil, water and veggies? I'd think the water retention could be a result of the salt and water if it's not the right amount maybe.

You have come to the right place tough, welcome to the team, and we're all here for you!
Yeah I thought 5 was a little much! But she said if I'm still starving go for a 5th packet.
I drink 3L of water a day, I have enough oil and salt so I'm good there.

I must say that I will be happier today not being so hungry! I can't be sad because i did lose 5 pounds and I think thats great in one week!

Thank you for the support
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
I have not had that experience, but I just wanted you to know you have come to the right place for support! Feel free to come to the daily chat for support, inspiration or just to vent.
Thank you! I'll check it out!
Have a great week!!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I was told up to SEVEN a day, but I also started at 470. I did not do seven for long. Give it a try, if 4 works for you that is probably better than five.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
When I first started Ideal Protein, my doctor told me to eat 4 packets a day because I weighed over 230 pounds. I did that for a week and then felt very comfortable eating the regular 3 packets a day after that. I think it probably has more to do with your weight than where you carry your weight (I also carry my weight around my middle).

Good luck!
Hey!
When my coach called my and explained it to me she said it was because I carried my weight in the middle. But I know from weight watchers when you weigh more you have to eat a bit more so your body doesnt go into starvation mode.
I'm sure in a few weeks I'll get the hang of it and it will all work out!

Thank you so much!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Oh wow, I have NEVER heard of such a thing before. I am a true pear shape all of my weight is in my tummy. I have always been on 3 packets a day since day ONE and as of today I have been on program for 65 weeks and have loss 174lbs
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #10  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

If your coach called upline, then 5 is probably the right number for you.

One caution, don't let your coach tell you that your weight loss is not "fast enough" that is utter nonsense. My coach did that to me and I finally fired her.

Today is 8 weeks for me, and I've lost 29 pounds which is more than a half pound per day. I don't care if the coach dosn't think it is enough, it is INCREDIBLE, and so is your 5 pounds in a week.

You are doing GREAT.
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Sheena,

We both started at about the same weight. My coach explained to me how at times the body holds onto water. The solution was to drink more water. She said its a sign that your body thinks it dehydrated. SOmetimes my hydration was 46% but now its 10% but then again before my cycle is high again. I have never had to have more than 3 packets. Everyones body is different but as long as you are following the paper and getting in your water trust me when I say it will flucuate and it means nothing. The weight will drop when its ready its not for her to say if its too slow its your body. Keep up the good work and keep moving forward.
prettyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #12  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

PRETTYONE!!!! LOVE THAT SMILE!!!! Missed you girl!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I've never heard of apple/pear shaped, weird.

HOWEVER, I was told to have 4 and if required 5 at my starting weight as I was over 250. I didn't cause I didn't want the cost and my coach understood that but cautioned me about getting over hungry. I just powered through, but now I know I probably lost some muscle at the beginning.

Her telling you that you could have 4-5 is the same as someone starting at 200 and being told 3-4 for the first bit.

I agree with Grandmakiss, if she called in it's probably right for you, the whole apple/pear thing I've never heard before. Also, agree with Grandma that she shouldn't be telling you that you need to lose faster, don't pressure yourself or let her pressure you. It took time to gain weight and it will take time to take it off.

Trust in the program...and just do what needs to be done.

Keep up the good work!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I'm a total pear shape, all of my weight is from the hips on down. I was told I could have 4 packets the first week or two, but then cut back to 3. I never did take advantage of the extra packet, but it's nice to know you can have it if you need it.

Also don't let your coach tell you a 5 pound loss the first week isn't good, it's great. I lost 7 my first week, but remember anything over 3.5 pounds per week is just water, so you lost both water and fat your first week. Good job.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

I am the definition of an apple shape.. skinny legs, average bust.. and BAM.. belly. I followed the 3-packet a day diet to a T my first two weeks and had a loss of 17.8lbs. and 17 inches.. so, I don't think my body shape effected my weight loss. I think that you should stick to just 3 and force yourself through it with will power.. if you allow yourself 4-5 packets.. you may not have as much luck on the diet and your morale may suffer.
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote