General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/268/250

Height: 5'3

Default Doing one small change at a time

Usually when I try to lose weight, I try to fix everything at once and either get burned out or frustrated. So I've decided to take it one step at a time. How does all this sound?

Starting Weight: 294.8...7/22 - 8/4...Weigh In: 8/5
1. Drink 2 liters of water or until urine is clear and keep it that way. (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
2. Walk dog four days a week (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
3. Two days at the gym (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
4. Eat only when hungry (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
5. Three days at the gym (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
6. Add in more veggies (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
7. Add in more fruit (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
8. Walk dog daily (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
9. Add in more protein (2 weeks)

Starting Weight:
10. Four days at the gym (2 weeks)

After each step I'll move on to the next one while still doing the one's before it. And if after completing all ten I decide I need to do more, I'll make another list. But I'm just going to try to take it a little bit at a time.
PhantomPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

I think making small changes is a great idea, PhantomPanda. I'd say also, be flexible about your order, you might find that you want to deviate from that plan, and that's OK.

I'm concentrating just on food at the moment. I know I don't have it in me to change my food habits while also changing my (non-existent) exercise habits. One of the nice things I've noticed is that my energy and activity levels have gone up naturally while I'm changing my diets-- that's been nice.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #3  
Just watch me ...

Panda, I think you've got a great plan and I'm excited for you

My suggestion would be to add in more veggies earlier on - are you eating much in the way of greens and fruit now? Maybe on week 2 get in 1 veggie and 1 fruit a day (or something like that). Fruit is important for vitamins and fiber, plus it's 'good sweet'. As you introduce more whole foods into your diet, it will be easier to start to cut back on/cut out the processed foods and breads.

Good luck And remember that if you find you want to extend your plan to 3, or even 4 weeks, that's totally fine. You are finding what works for YOU, and that's how you succeed.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

YES!

This is what worked for me. Changing my habits first, then focusing on what happens with the weight later.

Good luck and I think you're on the right path!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote