General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #1  
The Kid

Default Diet PLan for title Fight

Hi Guys

Im training for a fight coming up in november 17th and im just looking for a little advice on my diet at the moment

Breakfast- Wheatabix
Snack- Apple, Bananna,Or an orange - one of those
Lunch- Chicken,Tuna Or Turkey on two slices of wholemeal bread and probably an apple
Snack - Piece of fruit
Preworkout meal- maybe some fruit and a small bit of meat 2.5 hours before or a small bit of veg and tuna
Post workout - Chicken,Steak or turkey and veg 20-60mins after training

and i drink about 5 litres of water a day

i do about two hours of training 5 to 6 times a week an that consists of running bag work pad work skipping press ups sit ups etc

any tips or changes you guys could give me would be great im 83 kg at the moment and need to get down to 71.5

Thank You

Kev

Last edited by thelibertyboy; 07-19-2012 at 05:31 AM.
thelibertyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

How many calories do you eat?
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #3  
The Kid

About 1500 i think
Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #4  

So you have about 34-35 weeks to lose 11.5kg (which is... 25.3 pounds). That would be about one third of a kg per week (or three quarters of a pound), which is pretty obtainable!

You'd only have to create a calorie deficit of about 372 per day to achieve that rate of loss.
Honestly, it's pretty likely you already burn quite a bit more than 1872 calories per day anyway, so you're probably already creating a deficit greater than what you need to achieve your goal in time (you could try a BMR calculator online to check how much you burn each day, if you don't know now).

How do you feel eating what you do now? Are your energy levels/hunger okay?

Last edited by vabs; 07-20-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #5  
The Kid

Hi man its 16 weeks actually sorry to correct you there does that change your opinion ?

Thank you

For the advice by the way
Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #6  

LOL I just came back today when I realized how waaaaay off I was!!! Not even really sure how I managed that, I literally have a calender right in front of me. WELP.

That would still put you at a needing a deficit of 744 calories per day, which is totally doable with exercise. (And this time I double checked, lol.) The recommended maximum rate of loss per week is slightly less than 1 kg, which requires a 1000 calorie deficit per day.

If you eat 1500ish calories per day already, I would guess you're pretty close to a 1000 calorie per day deficit. That's going to leave you some time to adjust things before your deadline, just in case.

Honestly, it looks like you're good to go.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #7  
The Kid

Thanks for the reply guys what would you reccomend for breakfast ?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #8  

Watching the amount of carbs you eat seems to me to be the way to go. So I agree with Jez...cut the grains. Stick with veggies and protein and consider the carb count on your fruit. Berries are better than say bananas... For breakfast, how about an egg white omelet? You can add mushrooms, spinach, onions, and it would be pretty filling but amazingly healthy. I personally enjoy a couple fried eggs for breakfast. Sometimes I will fix an almond meal muffin, or almond meal pancakes.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #9  
The Kid

Anymore resommendations for breakfast?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #10  

Is the fight in a 71kg division, or is this the weight you want to cut to fight weight from?
Are you going to cut weight?
Have you fought in this division before? how did you make weight.

The first things that I thought of. And also that your trainer is a good person to ask.
If general, it looks like you haven't go much protein. There's a calorie deficit, which is needed. But if it was me I'd rather use the calories for better food instead of wasting them on orange juice.
vjykmr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:57 AM   #11  
jbabs

S/C/G: 194.5/ticker/154

Height: 5ft9

5l of water seems an awful lot try half. You can die from too much water especially if drinking too much when exercising. I wouldnt use weetabix....porridge would be better for you. I would also cut out snacks if you can. Snacking is a modern invention. Have your fruit right after a meal. Good luck.
janeybabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #12  
The Kid

Hi guys i have modified my diet from the last one cause after reading some books i could see i wasnt getting enough protein in my diet heres what iv changed it to Hi Guys

Im training for a fight coming up in november 17th and im just looking for a little advice on my diet at the moment

Breakfast- oatmeal+cut up banana and a scoop of protein powder
Snack- Apple, orange+ hand ful of cashews - one of those
Lunch- Chicken,Tuna Or Turkey salad with letuce peppers etc and probably
Snack - apple or orange + hand full of cashews
Preworkout meal- Apple and an orange and hand full of cashews
Post workout - Chicken,Steak or turkey and veg 20-60mins after training

and i drink about 4 litres of water a day

i do about two hours of training 5 to 6 times a week an that consists of running bag work pad work skipping press ups sit ups etc

any tips or changes you guys could give me would be great im 83 kg at the moment and need to get down to 71.5
let me know what you guys think and to answer someones earlier question id be cutting to 69.5 thats the fight weight

Thank You

Kev

Last edited by thelibertyboy; 08-21-2012 at 10:31 AM.