Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #1  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Hump Day 4/2

Good morning!
I skipped class last night - woopsie - and ended up doing nothing productive. Humph. Oh well.

I did send a care package (or donation) to the USO Carepackage program. That made me feel good. And I am signed up to adopt a soldier - you correspond w/ them, send care packages monthly, etc. I'll be excited to get a response.

I'm starting fresh today - didn't do so great last night.
My intentions were well. It's funny (not ha-ha funny, funny peculiar) that I know that I will not be "able" to be 100% OP until I move out of this apartment. It's all about the environment. As much as I know I control what goes in my mouth - the environment and what I've conditioned to is the hardest thing to change. In this apartment the kitchen is the IS the apartment - I can't get away from it really. It's so small here. The new place the kitchen is downstairs from the bedrooms, and out of view from the living rooms on the main floor. I think it will be easier for me. Also the "living/relationship" situation/status will have changed.

Sooo ... I'm going to load my truck up this AM and drop off the contents of my closet (which don't fit me anyway) at the new place. This weekend is the big move - I've still got tons to pack. Have I said that before? It's a little overwhelming and by the end of the night I don't want to do anything - so I haven't. Errrr ... not good.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Talk to you later from work.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:44 AM   #2  

Morning!

Well, I didn't do perfectly last night either, but I managed to avert total disaster. I went out for happy hour right from work, but had some Kashi beforehand so I wouldn't be starving. Well, after a couple beers I figured I needed to get something to eat, so I got totally unhealthy fried battered chicken strips - instead of the soup and salad I was looking at. So I had that and 4 light beers....but even while I was still at the bar I was thinking, well, I already blew it, and I have tons of snack mix and tortilla chips and nacho stuff at home...I can just go home and pig out. But when I got there I actually made the conscious decision not to make things worse then they already were. I didn't eat anything, just broiled some chicken for my salad for lunch today and weighed out 1 serving of snack mix (I bought a digital kitchen scale a couple months ago, and it is PRICELESS if you like being exact like I do). Isn't it funny how I can feel good about eating bar food?? If I hadn't I would have totally set myself up for a binge. Baby steps, right??

Deb, good luck on the move, I did that in the fall. It's such a pain and it always seems like it's going to be easier then it really is. You'll be getting a good workout from it though, so don't feel guilty about resting at night! That's so nice of you to send out a care package, I'm sure it's much appreciated.

Well, I have all my food planned out for the day, I'm praying I can stick with it...it really shouldn't be that hard! I also HAVE to get in some exercise tonight, I haven't been doing anything.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:01 PM   #3  

Hmmm, nobody's posting! Are you all outside playing in the gorgeous weather?? I am trapped in my dark cube with no windows in sight - even when I stand up!

Anyway, I forgot to mention that I have training the next 2 days offsite. I'm kind of worried about what I am going to eat. It's downtown DC (not suburbia where my office is), and I'm sure there will be places to pick something up...I just don't know what. And I'm really bad about making good choices at resturants, especially when I'm hungry! I know it's hard to find a place that doesn't serve salad, but how do other people convince themselves to make the healthy choice when eating out? I don't seem to have such a problem at the grocery store....
Old 04-02-2003, 12:09 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Well, I actually did decent last night -- made it to the gym AND when I got hungry after supper I only had an apple. I think it helps that I have absolutely no snack food left in the house. If only I can keep the momentum up all weekend - but one day at a time, right?

Deb -- good luck on the move! The kitchen is entirely too close to everything in my apt too -- sometimes i feel like I should just lock myself in my bedroom to keep my mind off of it!
Lexxy -- good job on not eating the nachos & taking control last night!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:18 PM   #5  

Good morning Deb, Lexxy and Angie!

Good luck on the move, Deb. You deserve your own place.

Lexxy ~ I find planning ahead for what I am going to eat out helps so much. Check out www.dwlz.com and see if you can look up your food choices before you go, that will help to stay on track.

Angie ~ That is great about the gym and your healthy snack. Just take each day at a time, and in no time you will see the weeks pass by!

Everything is good with me. Since I was so sick last week, I lost 4 pounds. My appetite is still small, which is good. I have been conscious of what I have been putting in my mouth, but not officially journalling. I have WI tomorrow and am hoping for another loss. I have 15 more pounds to lose to get to goal, I really want to lose most of in within the next two months.

DH and I have been doing some yardwork, which has been great exercise. I want to get back on my treadmill, but am still battling with my cold, so I may wait another couple days.

I have a couple projects in class that is keeping me really busy, plus working full time. I hope everything can get done, I only have another month of school left.

Well, enough babbling. I will check back later, almost time for lunch!
Old 04-02-2003, 01:40 PM   #6  

After being gone for two weeks (I took my 3 kids 7, 5, and 1) to Washington DC for spring break. I thought for sure when I went to WI last night that I was going to have a gainer.......NOPE!!! I actually lost 1 pound!!! It must have been from all that walking we did!!

Now that I'm back from vacation I'm trying to get back OP again. My gym bag is packed and I hope to go tonight after my sons baseball practice. Maybe I'll even go DURING his practice! LOL

I decided to sign up with the Team In Training program and will be working towards walking the Portland Marathon this coming up October. I have my first team meeting in May and I'm looking forward to that.

My goal for this week is to only have 1 diet soda each day and no chocolate AT ALL.

Deb: I know what you mean about it being difficult to stay out of the kitchen. Our kitchen is smack in the middle of the living room and dining room. I make a big effort to move to the livingroom after dinner so I don't have to walk through there.

Lexxy: That is great that you didn't eat after you got home. I would have dived into those chips in a heart beat!!!

Angie: Congrats on making it to the gym. I found that when I first started going to the gym it was really hard to get motivated. Now I find myself really down if I can't get there! LOL

Tonya: I LOVE working in the yard. One, it keeps me out of the house and away from the kitchen, and it also keeps me moving all day long. I can't wait for our rain to stop so I can start spending more time outdoors.
Old 04-02-2003, 01:54 PM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Ok, I really don't want to post, but I'm gonna anyways. I don't think I've posted since last Wednesday. Well, I haven't been on track since then. I had a tough weekend. My counsellor is recommending an anti-depressant (sp?) to help get over the ED, plus she thinks I may have chronic fatigue syndrome, so I have to make a dr. appointment to go see about that. I haven't had any motivation lately and I've felt exhausted even though I'm getting a lot of sleep.

Kier - Congrats again! The ring sounds wonderful. I don't even think mine measured in cause its really tiny, not even close to 1/4 carat. But I didn't want anything big and it had to be white gold. Mine came as a set...waiting for August when I can wear the other half of the set!

Lexxy - Yay on taking your night out any further than it should have gone! I probably would have eaten the nachos when I got home haha

Deb - good luck on the move! We are looking for a house right now and its so stressful!

Tonya - Well hello there! Haven't seen you in a while

So far today, so good. Let's see if I can keep it up
Old 04-02-2003, 03:07 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls
Lori I know how you feel and as I'm on an antianxiety with alight anti depressant it really does help with food
WT your trip sounds like alot of fun and going during your son's practise sounds like a good idea you can get fit at the same time he does
Hey Tonya it sounds like you are really getting back on track!!
Deb after you do the move and you are in your own place ( with a bit more peace of mind) your eating will follow
lexxy way to exert control!
I did well last ngiht until dinner when I ended up getting dining hall takeout and had chicken fingers (which made me sick) and Mac and cheese which also made me sick I had 2 6 packs of oreos which i got with it BUT!~ one pack i threw out and the other i had 2 cookies and threw it out
todays been good
breakfast was an everything bagel with cream cheese and a coffee with a splenda flavor shott
i just had lunch california rolls and water and I ahve to check the dining hall menu about dinner
anyway BACK TO WORK *WHIP*
bbl
Kier
Closed Thread