Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Default Shopping is the most stressful thing ever.

I have a rant for you.

I've never liked shopping for pants, because I always picked the biggest size and it was always too small in the hips and thighs and too big in the waist or some terrible stuff like that.

Today, I put on my pair of size 18 jeans and walked to the store and they literally slid off of my bottom, exposing my polka dot skivvies to everyone in the world. Thank God I chose cute ones today. ANYWAY.

Boyfriend says "Listen, Autumn. This is f'ing ridiculous. We're buying you clothes" So I got a little bit excited. I have not purchased a single item of clothing for myself in 2 years despite a fifty pound weight loss.
Anywho, I walk into the store and I have NO IDEA what I like and everything is ugly or small so I leave. Within 5 minutes.

SO I decide to go online. Old Navy, woo! Go straight to plus size, go to the size chart and SUDDENLY I'm not even plus size anymore.

I'm no longer what I always called 'person size' (this started when I was six and I don't know how it started) meaning plus size. lol.

So now I have no idea why to even buy, my tastes are like...50's housewife meets awkward t-shirt and jeans. I don't know what's flattering on my body type because I don't even know what body type I am anymore >:I

So my mom is taking me to our local thrift store tomorrow (We don't have a target or walmart or any non-thrift stores on Vashon Island) so I can try things on....

I will probably cry at least nine times.

How have you dealt with this? I figure I'm just going to buy dresses because they won't fall off if I lose another 30 pounds in two months. What have you purchased half way through your weightloss journey?

WHERE did you purchase it?
What do you wear? A-line shirts make me look pregnant. I have no boobs at all

And finally, why is shopping more difficult than the actual weight loss?!??! D:<
I'm a GIRL. Shopping is supposed to be FUN. D:<
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #2  
Summer 2012! :)

S/C/G: 350/165/165

Height: 5'11

ah, yes. i have no breasts either.
i carry most of my weight in my belly button area.
definately makes things interesting/time-consuming.
trancedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Catch the Ferry and hit the mall in Tacoma tomorrow! Just try tons of things on, you'll find your groove . Congrats on the big loss!!

I lived on Vashon in 2002/2003 - I have pretty rad memories of being there. It's a neat place!

My daughter shares your name, too .

Last edited by ValRock; 07-13-2012 at 09:50 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/180.5/130

Height: 5'6"

I think that's a great idea to go and try stuff on. You can find what you like and then go online because you will have a lot more options. If your worried about buying clothes while your still losing weight. Just get a few things, like a couple outfits to show yourself off!
TheRainFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedreamer View Post
ah, yes. i have no breasts either.
i carry most of my weight in my belly button area.
definately makes things interesting/time-consuming.
Yes D: Absolutely.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Catch the Ferry and hit the mall in Tacoma tomorrow! Just try tons of things on, you'll find your groove . Congrats on the big loss!!

I lived on Vashon in 2002/2003 - I have pretty rad memories of being there. It's a neat place!

My daughter shares your name, too .
Thank you! And yeah vashon is a really neat place. Weird but neat. The lack of clothing options and entertainment for people who aren't into the bar scene is unfortunate, though.

Awh I haven't met a lot of 'autumns'

And thank you!! The Tacoma mall does sound a lot less intimidating than the Southcenter one. That place is giant and overwhelming.

Quote:
I think that's a great idea to go and try stuff on. You can find what you like and then go online because you will have a lot more options. If your worried about buying clothes while your still losing weight. Just get a few things, like a couple outfits to show yourself off!
Yess That's a smart idea. I've just developed this weird fear of trying things on, then being seen in the not-plus isle i assume all the skinny girls are like "What the heck are YOU doing here?!" :c
Old 07-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #7  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

What's your body shape? It sounds like you could be a pear shape. That's what I am and I always have that issue with trousers. Too tight in the legs and really loose in the waist. I carry most of my weight below the waist, so yeah, small boobs and stuff.

First of all find out your shape, maybe you're not a pear. Then also make sure you're wearing the right bra http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/p/fin...-that-fit.html it makes a big difference if you're small chested. I'm speaking from my experience here!

I guess look up styles that are good for your body shape. Also think about colours! Usually for me what works best is darker colours on the bottom and more colourful things on top. It balances me out a bit. Not that I always dress like that but I do notice a difference. Go and try things on

Also Autumn's a beautiful name!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote