South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Thread - July 7 and 8

Good Saturday morning. Why the heck do I wake at 4 on a weekend morning? Just went out with Disney and discovered it's trying to rain - not very successfully so far but enough to make Miss Scaredy Cat think it's a t-storm. She is now under the toilet tank in the bathroom. I'm hoping it rains enough to water the garden as I'm getting rather sick of the hose-dragging routine.

Had a great day with the Hyper Pypers. Salsa Chicken, green salad, ww French bread and a fruit salad was just perfect for lunch. We stayed inside in AC comfort since it was too hot to even think of going out in the boat. (We Canadians handle winter fine but wimp out when temps get close to 100ºF!) The dogs didn't slow down much - they were outside playing in the yard and just came in for water and a flop on the cool kitchen floor.

Not sure what's on the plate today except for handling registration for a breadmaking workshop at the Mill this morning. I may spend the afternoon in my sewing studio binding two quilts for Victoria's quilts. I am NOT starting any new projects until I get on top of the old ones. The quilt that Linda helped me get ready for machine quilting (in February!) is still sitting there waiting. I guess I won't be entering it in Delta Fair this year. Here is the pattern although mine is brighter colours. I made it five years ago when I was just starting this addiction.

Time to throw in a load of laundry and plan some meals for this very summery day!

What have you got planned? Fun? Frolic? Just hunkering down?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and sleepy Beachers I made it until after 5 but no more. Maybe I'll get out for a walk. It's pleasant outside right now but will be too hot later.

The interview was good. As always it's impossible to know who else they are interviewing and how mine compared, but I feel good about it. I'm going to use it to push the school district too. Just let them know I'm going to take the first offer I get so if they are thinking of making an offer they should get to it. hope I have something lined up for August.

Today I'm off to see a friend I met online through the MG list. She lives about half an hour away and I try to pop in and bring dinner for her kids or take her shopping when I can. If she is up to it today we are going to the big Farmer's Market. I love the Brattleboro Market but usually just go to the much smaller local one. It will be fun. After that more house chores to do.

For now it's cool enough to enjoy some coffee while watching the baby birds at the feeders.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-07-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for starting us up, Ruth! I hope you get your rain and that Disney recovers quickly! We've been getting lots of rain (thank goodness) but poor Bing had a pretty stressful night, even with his Thunderjacket.

Yesterday was fun! Kirk DID do the vacuuming then we went to Denver for some walking therapy. I had an idea and detoured to Buffalo Bill's Museum and gravesite. It was great walking and pretty fascinating. I had to tell them we live right down the road and had never been there.

Today is work, but I have some stuff to finish up. I stewed a lovely organic chicken for mom yesterday which still needs to be boned....laundry (my work clothes) and spiff up the kitchen. Add some coffee time and that will be it until I head in at 630.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm up, but I've been outside watering the gardens before the sun bakes them to a crisp. The heat index is supposed to be 110* today.

It's Jake's birthday so I'm letting him call the shots for the day, and he wants to start it off with breakfast at the Shady Maple Smorgasborg before getting groceries. He needs a new bathrobe so we'll probably shop around for one while we're out. We were going to go to NJ for a graduation party being held in a park, but with this weather we decided to cancel out and just spend the day at home, either cooling off in the pool or inside in the AC.

Stay cool, Chickies, and remember to drink plenty of water in this heat!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning all you chicks!

Ruth - that quilt is beautiful! Can't wait to see your finished product. That must take a ton of hours.

Cyndi - for you. That's wonderful about your new friend.

Cottage - good idea, cancelling out. How do you stay good at a smorgasbord?!?!

For me - NO PLANS. Isn't that fabulous? I cleaned mostly on wednesday (but we won't talk about the bathrooms), so I don't even need to do much of that. DH gets so restless, so knowing him we'll do a roadtrip...but somewhere cool!!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Ruth love the quilt, you are very talented

Debbie glad you and DH had a nice time

Cottage I feel for you, we are in the same boat here 100's

TwynnB no plans is awesome! I dont have any either lol

Too hot here to take the bike out. Already have the AC going so I may spin. Haven't really been diligent with my exercise this month. in the afternoon I may take a ride, by car lol, to my friend Meredith's. She lives in a townhouse complex. Spending the afternoon at the pool sounds very inviting. Despite hating wearing a bathing suit (my legs look like a road map) at least I weigh less. Granted Meredith wears a very tiny bikini which always seems to make me feel worse about my imperfections. Oh well.

Smoothie time, too hot to cook! Have a great day
Old 07-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Grumble. Voodoo had to potty at 6:40 so I've been up. Still in bed but thinking of venturing off to the kitchen for some coffee. Thought I'd pop in to say hi. A good friend is in town today, so there will be festivities and eating out. My hope is that he doesn't pick D'Arcy's for dinner..... Ultimate. Cheese. Toasty! I can't resist it!!! Maybe he will want to go somewhere else....

Well I need coffee. I will try to pop in again later.

Lisa
Old 07-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Sigh. He picked D'Arcy's. I'm going to try to behave, but we all know what this means. Cheese. Bread. And cheesy bread. Ultimate Cheese Toasty. I have been veggie-loading today to try and counter-balance tonight. Don't try this at home, kids.

Back at it tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle View Post
Sigh. He picked D'Arcy's. I'm going to try to behave, but we all know what this means. Cheese. Bread. And cheesy bread. Ultimate Cheese Toasty. I have been veggie-loading today to try and counter-balance tonight. Don't try this at home, kids.

Back at it tomorrow.
As you requested:
Old 07-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Old 07-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Another evening of rain and the air smells so good this morning.

This morning I was staring at all the cookbooks on our bookshelf, thinking it would be nice to purge in order to make room for new books more pertainent to our evolving food interests. Today is a day off. Kirk wanted to do something and in my search for a "field trip" I found the Vegetarian Society of Colo. is holding their annual Veg-Fest. DH is really excited as he is really committed to change. I'm excited, too, as it brings us closer together in our eating habits. There are lots of speakers, demos and food booths. I've weighed this morning and am just a hair off ticker weight. I'm feeling very mindful and have given myself permission to enjoy a day of tasting new things, while researching foods to incorporate into our evolving health plan. We have picked two speakers who will be discussing subjects of interest to both of us and I will invest in at least one new book.

We've been up drinking coffee and now Kirk has gone for a nap. I think I'll head upstairs and work in the office for awhile.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Joining you in coffee this morning, Debbie. Happy sunny Sunday! It was nice to wake up to slightly cooler air this morning although there is no rain in sight for at least ten days. My village planters are pretty parched. I may have to organize a bucket brigade to save them.

Lovely impromptu dinner at Doug and Claire's house last night - just BBQ chicken pieces, rice and salad. I was home by nine while it was still bright enough to go out and turn off the sprinkler I'd set up in the veggie garden. (I do not go behind the barn at night since we have "critters"!)

Church this morning, perhaps some weeding on the front bed, some accounting catch-up and a quiet evening with the doggage. That's the PLAN but life is pretty unpredictable these days and I just might ... fill the blanks! You only live once and that should be enough if you do it right.

Have a good and OP day.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:05 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Good morning I was awake too early but seem to have misplaced all my extra time again I'm off to open the video store in a little while. I've got my overnight oats ready, just need to add blueberries. I've been telling DD about them and will make them for breakfast when she visits later this week.

Debbie - Hope you will share anything really interesting from your day. That sounds like fun

Ruth - Enjoy a cooler, quiet, relaxing day

Off I go....
Old 07-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Debbie, Ruth & Cyndi! I thought it was supposed to be cooler this morning after last night's storms. I have all the downstairs windows open and it feels awfully muggy so it may be another AC day.

I'll spend a few hours this morning with Mom & Dad, and I think Jake wants to go to the mall this afternoon in search of that elusive bathrobe. We're surprised that they are so hard to find. He wants a light cotton one, and the only ones we've seen are heavy terrycloth or velour.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - can I go with?!? That sounds fabulous! So glad your husband is on board with that, it makes it so much easier. Or, at least I imagine it would .

Ruth - we'll find out tomorrow how much you stuck to that schedule!

Cyndi - I am in love with the overnight oats. I tend to put too many blueberries in it, then I'm pushing them aside to get more of that creamy goodness .

Cottage - hmmm, I'm not surprised about the robes, but those velour ones sure are horribly hot. I just peeked at one of my favorite sites, www.sierratradingpost.com, and they had a fewer lightweight ones, if he's interested in shopping on line.

I'm not sure what are plans are! Did my shopping/errands yesterday, and scrubbed the bathroom...so today is free! Church in the am, then ???. The thunder is rolling right now (oh, I hope it brings the humidity away with it) so we'll have to watch that...may have to stay inside again.
Closed Thread