Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 03:19 PM   #1  
Gonna do it!

S/C/G: 186/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default April Challenge?

Anyone want to get an April challenge going?

My challenge for myself is to lose about 2 pounds a week... Want to lose 10 pounds by April 30th.

I weigh on a variety of days so I will just post the days I remember to weigh!

March 31 - 161

April 4 - 158

Good Luck to anyone who joins!

Courtney

Last edited by FatMommaCat; 04-04-2003 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:31 PM   #2  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Let's see how I did for March:

March Challenge:

1) Stay within my WW point range (20-25) 6 days, with one day max of 30 pts. - nope

2) Run 4 miles 4 days/wk and 2 days/wk do long (6-7 miles) runs. (min. of 50-60 minutes per work out) - pretty much - that's nothing new

3) Do NOT feel like I have to make all the new low-point recipes I find all at once!! (had a real problem with that one a couple of weeks ago) - yes

4) Attend WW meeting once per week this month and weigh in at all of them from now on - yes

5) Try Yoga class at least one time this month - nope

6) Meet my 10% goal by mid-April (18 pounds) - probably not

7) Pick a wedding date and select location - date's been set - March 13, 2004 - just have to get the thumb's up from the fiance and give the place $500 for deposit

Overall with weight loss, I didn't really do what I wanted - I am still 5.5 pounds down on WW, but am really going to try for April and May - I have tried on a few wedding gowns and I actually look fairly decent in them - but I really want to look smashing!!

April Goals:

1.) Drink more water and less Diet Coke - I don't plan on buying the 12-packs anymore!!

2.) Stay within my pt range 6 days/wk with one day "free" up to 30 pts.

3.) Do not feel like the day is ruined because I eat something "bad" - I am on WW - nothing is bad!!

4.) Secure wedding location. Once this is done, I can relax for a month or so.

5.) Try yoga one time this month (no, really - I'm going to do it this month)

6.) do the online journal that has been started in the "20-somethings" forum

7.) keep veggies in the house at all times!!

8.) Tell my fiance I love him more often - he's been really great lately, considering we are trying to plan wedding and my mother and I do not agree!!

Okay - I think that's enough for now!!

Old 03-31-2003, 05:41 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

My April goals:

1. aerobic workout at least 4 times a week

2. limit myself to 2 sweet days (days I can have a sweet during the week at work)

3. walk with my partner once a week

4. sign up for softball [YIKES]

5. weigh myself ONLY on my weigh in days!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 01:43 PM   #4  

I'm kicking it up a knotch (I think that phrase is copyrighted ) and going all out for April. I know May will be chaotic with finals, so this is my chance.

Goals:
1) Get to 145
2) Workout 5 days a week
3) Lift weights 3 days a week

WIsh me luck.. I am going to need it.
Old 04-02-2003, 01:37 AM   #5  

Here are my April goals:
1) Exercise six days a week for 60 mins.
2) Walk/run/stairstep/elliptical at least 102 miles this month.
3) Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
4) Eat only if I am hungry (avoid snacking).
5) Only weigh on Wed mornings.
6) Write down EVERYTHING that I eat.
Old 04-02-2003, 02:00 AM   #6  

Lightbulb April Goals

1. Cardio 5 x / week. Continue swimming and the new runner's program.

2. Weight training 3 x / week, if my shoulder feels up to it. I am giving myself permission to stop at any time if my shoulder doesn't feel right. I don't want to risk injury, which would mean no swimming.

3. Stretch at least 3 x / week. I really need to do this. I find my muscles feel tight a lot of the time.

4. Journal and continue to post food/exercise logs online.

5. 1200 - 1600 calories at least 5 x / week. This goal is always the toughest for me but I'm going to really try to make an effort this time. I need to say "no" more to going out to lunch - better on the wallet and better on the tummy.

6. Cut down on the baking! I hate to do this because I really like cooking and baking but I am finding that I end up eating a lot more than I should. Desserts are no longer "light" when one eats the entire cake!
Old 04-02-2003, 03:54 AM   #7  
Jack's girl

March was the worst period and the only period of my dieting that I actually gained weight, so I`ll try and keep my goals for April as simple as possible..

1. Eat 20 points per day

2. Post what I eat online as often as I can (everyday if possible)

Thatīs it.. I don`t want to list any more goals, because I`ll only get depressed if I don`t achieve them. Of course I want to lose as much weight as possible, but the key to that is just sticking fiercely on the program!! If I`ll eat 20 points per day, I know I will lose weight, because thatīs the way it has worked before!! I`m ready to lose some fat baby!

Jenni
Old 04-03-2003, 08:47 AM   #8  

Sounds like most had some March success, and has good goals for april! Good luck to us!

I weighed myself today, adn I'm at 153 for my 5'1 frame. I thought I did well in March...apparently not. Back to keeping a food journal it is.

My april goals are:

Get out of the habit of snacking after dinner

Make sure there is always plenty of fruit on hand for me to snack on when I can't control the urge

Add lots of walks outside, in addition to my usual workout routine...it's so nice out, there's no excuse for me NOT to take strolls =)

Try to eat more lean protein and less bread-type stuff.

Last weekend I visited Boston...I'm going to be living there next year for grad school. I'm thinking the city life will be condusive to being really active and acheiving a healthy weight. Do any of you current city-livers have any input on that?
Old 04-03-2003, 12:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi All,

I'm back.

I guess I just needed a break for a while. Kevin still isn't home. But there are rumors that the ship may be leaving soon...and that would be wonderful. We are at over 8 1/2 months now. WOAH!! I've started a few new things and I'm kicking up the speed on the getting back in shape again.

My goals for April

Play tennis at least 2x a week

Follow the plan to train for the Triathlon

No eating after 8 PM

Drink 64oz of water a day

Be sure to eat breakfast everyday (and make it healthy fruit or cereal).

Weight train 2x a week.

Betty
Old 04-07-2003, 11:06 AM   #10  

Here are my goals for the month of April:

1) Get back to the gym - I will be starting on Thursday this week. I would like to go 3X per week, but will be satisfied with 2X and continued walks for now.

2) Journal. I am going to have to go back to old-fashioned pen & paper. I need to be able to write things down as I am eating them to be accountable.

3) Try to make peace with my body. (this one sounds hokey!) I thought that I would like my body more, as I started to lose weight. I seem to be even harder on myself now than I was 70#s ago!

4) Eat more vegetables.

5) Continue to do the things that have been working (walking to & from work, drinking water)

6) Eat because I am hungry. Try to recognize when I am eating because of stress...I am just starting to figure out that my binges are related to emotion. I would like to be able to deal with the emotion, rather than eating.

7) Refocus

That's it!

Looking forward to talking to everyone throughout the month!

Kris
261-191-155
Old 04-07-2003, 11:46 AM   #11  

Default Week 1 Update

Just an updated on my April challenge. I managed to get in 4 workouts last week. I was one day short.. but I plan to make it up this weekend.

Otherwise everything is going pretty well.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 04-07-2003, 04:10 PM   #12  

Monique - You ask good questions!!!

I have been thinking about goal #3. Here is what I propose...please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

To try to make peace with my body (as is), I would like to train myself to be kinder. I think that I would like to try to filter what I tell myself by asking "Would I ever say (or even think!) this about anybody else?!". I find that I feel more supportive of others, than myself. Would you ever look at somebody else who has been working at loosing weight and say...."Yeah, but they still have a long way to go!" or "You may have lost weight, but you are still fat." NO WAY!!

Any other suggestions? I am just starting to realize that I do cut myself down somewhat...I am learning to catch myself when I am doing it...

Have others learned to be more accepting of their bodies??

Kris

Last edited by looosingit; 04-07-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:16 PM   #13  

My April Goals:

1.) 3-4 Cardio Workouts (30-40 mins)and 1-2 Total Body Strength Workouts per week

2.) Stop Analyzing my body. Stop Analyzing other women's bodies. Stop comparing myself to others! This includes not staring at myself in every reflective surface and only quick glances at my full lenght mirror just before leaving the house. I have to make sure I am at least matching and unwrinkled!

3.) Water, Water, Water. I was doing good with this but I guess I just started to slip.

4.) Work on personal time. Relax, stretch and finish my book.

Ok...this seems like a good amount on my plate for this month!

Eleni
Old 04-09-2003, 12:35 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. I have some good news to report.. I went down 1/2 pound. While this is not very much.. I finally broke my stall. Hopefully this is a good sign that I will break 150 before the month is over.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:40 PM   #15  

Thanks Monique!!!
Closed Thread