Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Wink You know you're obsessed with the scale when. . .

I'm so excited and there's just nowhere else I can share the excitement.

I got a new scale today because my old one was obviously jealous of my weight loss and being a bitter beeotch and constantly lying to me every time I step on, and changing it's mind every time I step on 5 times in a row. Hmph!

There I was at Target looking at scales and I literally gasp with excitement upon finding one that's increments are .1 instead of .2 like my old scale. THEN on top of that they had them in different colors so it matches my bathroom! THEN I get home and it doesn't weight me heavier than my old scale. I love my new scale, it's AWESOME!

And THIS is how you know you're obsessed with the scale, HA!

You have any relate-able scale stories?
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #2  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

Wow, I'd probably lose my mind if I had a .1 or .2 scale. I'd weigh myself even more then the 10 times I do already today and analyze the change.

Luckily I have a .5 scale, so I don't see all that much change during the day. It would be nice if it matched my bathroom though ha!
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

That sounds very cool! I have a scale that does .2 lbs increments and I always wondered why I NEVER hit on an odd number...and now I know. I do like my scale though- it's the kind that measures BMI, BF% (not sure how accurate that part is tho) and weight although usually I just hit the on button and weigh myself. I weigh daily, sometimes twice a day so I guess I'm a little obsessed.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #4  
Fitty, the Pound-Slayer

S/C/G: 303/287/150

Height: 5'8

As a preface to my scale story, my boyfriend is a huge tech geek (I almost bought him a shirt the other day that says "All my vices are devices" lol). I'm an English major, not a doct...er, techy person, so a lot of goes over my head. But I had to laugh when we were in Target the other day. We were in the electronics aisle, where all of the electronic fitness stuff is. I was looking a heart rate monitors, and he thought they were cool. Then he pointed to this one scale and said: "We should totally get you this". It didn't seem much different than the one I have now, so I looked at him kind of puzzled...until I read the details. I look at him and say, "Honey, do you want this one because it can sync with your smartphone?!" Cue him looking sheepish and shrugging his shoulders.

But I am totally obsessed with the scale. It's getting to the point where every time I go to the bathroom, I weigh. I don't feel bad about the numbers going all over the place, mind you, just confused. "How can I weigh more after I have gone pee?!" I've had to put a moratorium on weighing myself more than once a day, just so I'm not tempted to create an Excel spreadsheet correlating my weights with time of day and other factors. :-P
fatbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 334/256/225

Height: 5'5"

I'd like a new scale - mine is a .2 doer. But I'd be afraid a new one would weigh me heavier. I have a very love/hate relationship with my scale.
charliefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
I'm so excited and there's just nowhere else I can share the excitement.

I got a new scale today because my old one was obviously jealous of my weight loss and being a bitter beeotch and constantly lying to me every time I step on, and changing it's mind every time I step on 5 times in a row. Hmph!

There I was at Target looking at scales and I literally gasp with excitement upon finding one that's increments are .1 instead of .2 like my old scale. THEN on top of that they had them in different colors so it matches my bathroom! THEN I get home and it doesn't weight me heavier than my old scale. I love my new scale, it's AWESOME!

And THIS is how you know you're obsessed with the scale, HA!

You have any relate-able scale stories?
Okay, LIU, you must stop teasing us scale groupies and tell us what brand you bought!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

I like my scale, but I usually only get on once a week and I NEVER get on more than once in a weigh-in as I don't think any scale is accurate when you do that. Mine is a cheap-o digital from Wally World. I've used this same model for years and it is the most stable one I've found.

I WOULD be interested also in knowing what brand the OP got that measures in .1 increments. Mine have always been .2s.

I am only obsessed with the scale in that I think the data any modern scale provides is relatively valid and a part of the data I need to monitor my weight journey. I usually have a "ceremony" on Sunday of getting on the Golden Scale of Dietary Justice and then I have brunch. I always have brunch on Sunday, have all my life, found out by trial and error that my weight is the most stable at that time of day, so it is a good benchmark
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #8  
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Okay, LIU, you must stop teasing us scale groupies and tell us what brand you bought!
It's actually Weight Watchers brand.

Isn't it gorgeous (LOL!!!), it's so sleek and streamlined, and it's horizontal stripes don't even make me look fat or anything!

Scale

P.S. Don't you love how the default weight it shows is in the 120s. HA! I haven't seen the 120s since probably middle school. Maybe even late grade school.

Last edited by LockItUp; 07-02-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #9  
Golden Goose

S/C/G: 333/tracker/150

Height: 5'10

Ugh, my scale is so annoying, it doesn't the same thing. I have to step on it about 5 times just to get a semi-accurate reading. I got a more expensive one too. Looks like i'll have to get a $50 scale. Mine was $20, but there were cheaper ones so i thought it would be better quality. ;(
Slush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #10  
Stephanie

This one was only $25!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #11  
Golden Goose

S/C/G: 333/tracker/150

Height: 5'10

I'm definitely going to check out the scales at target then, i got mine at walmart. Hopefully they have the one you have for $25
Slush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #12  
Empress/Queen

That really IS a nice scale. Mine is also a Weight Watchers brand but I didn't know they had a model with .1 increments, plus mine really isn't pretty like that one. I never go to Target as it is quite a drive. Will check it out. Thanks for posting that.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #13  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
It's actually Weight Watchers brand.

Isn't it gorgeous (LOL!!!), it's so sleek and streamlined, and it's horizontal stripes don't even make me look fat or anything!

Scale

P.S. Don't you love how the default weight it shows is in the 120s. HA! I haven't seen the 120s since probably middle school. Maybe even late grade school.
That IS a nice scale! I have a WW too and I love it, but it's white and old. Now I want a new one in a cool color! lol

I have lost and gained a lot of weight over the years. One thing that doesn't change is my love of the scale. When I'm losing, like now, I am obsessed even though I know that weight fluctuates day by day. I actually started having loooooong conversations with it in my dreams! lol
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #14  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh I'm definitely going to have to check this out. I was debating getting that one when I was in the market for a new scale last year, but I opted for the cheaper Taylor one instead... and I'm now regretting my decision. Either there's a gravitational shift in my bathroom, or this scale is just possessed. If you move it to different parts of the floor it will give you a different weight. NOT COOL.

This is really just an excuse to get myself something shiny.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #15  
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneyy View Post
This is really just an excuse to get myself something shiny.
Excuse granted! I'm seriously very over excited about this scale, but it's amazing!