Old 07-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #1  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Ughh Stretch Marks >.<

So I have some pretty awful stretch marks. They're all over my stomach from one side to the other and all the way up to below my breasts, on my "lovehandles" on my back, my shoulders, my thighs, knees, calves. ****, I even have them in my armpits. Who gets stretch marks in their armpits?!

Anyways, they've all faded to a color lighter than my normal skin color, so they aren't dark and angry anymore but are still annoying. My skin is pretty dark, but all of my scars and stretch marks are really light so they stand out. I still have a long way to go before I reach my goal, but I have a feeling that all of the stretch marks on my stomach are going to make everything look gross and loose and flabby once I get there.

Anyone have any suggestions about dealing with them? I've been using Palmer's for a while and they just look the same to me.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi Laneyy, unfortunately stretch marks are genetic, and once they are faded to that light color, that's how they are going to stay. The good news is that when your skin isn't stretched anymore, they are even less noticeable. (I have them in my armpits too.)
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I've had stretch marks ever since puberty, which by now are faint and white, and not really noticeable except in the right light, and feel no different to the rest of my skin. I also have much newer stretch marks, from where I gained three stone between summer 2009 and Christmas 2010. The new ones started out purple but are now white. They look pretty gross to me, they're white and easily seen, and easily felt too. I'm determined not to let these new ones bother me though - because I look at the old ones, and know that's how the new ones will be in time. So my suggestion is: wait it out! They'll never go completely, but they will get much better in time.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

I also have some stretch marks on my breasts, love handles, inner thighs, ...
I used to think they weren't very noticeable, but apparently my boyfriend has noticed them (whereas he claims not to see the cellulite and I don't really parade in front of him naked or anything).

Anyway, as for them getting loose and flabby as you lose more weight.. I think Juliana is right that they get less conspicuous if your skin is not "stretched" anymore. I guess you should just try to do everything you can to keep your skin flexible, like drink lots of water and exercise, so that it gets better. I use Garnier Bodytonic firming lotion and sometimes the gel, and I feel as if it has some effect. May well be an illusion though.
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/233.5/147

Height: 5'5

Stretchmarks! God I hate them! I've got them everywhere to the ones I hate the most are the top of my arms although fake tan covers them pretty well, I would say bio oil? I've just started usuinh it but it has come highly recommended! Well done on your losses so fad your doing amazing!!
kjones90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/216/145

Height: 5'10''

I have stretch marks all over my body and it's such a pain in my butt. The truth is, they'll never go away fully BUT you can disguise them with tanners and cover up or you can get laser surgery which is incredibly pricey but can reduce the appearance by up to 90%. I often cover them up if I want to wear a strapless dress. It's such a hassle and sometimes the makeup transfers to my clothes but it does the trick. I guess I ought to start saving up for that laser surgery now because I want to be able to wear a bikini once I've reached my goal weight.
Mimi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Don't worry about stretchmarks! Everyone has them and while they suck there's nothing that can really be done about the permanent ones.

I have loose skin and stretchmarks and I have been rocking a bikini this summer. Sure, it's not a little string one but I still wore one for the first time in my life!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

warning foul language ahead :P

Last edited by valalltogether; 07-10-2012 at 06:31 PM.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

I love that val!!

To reiterate what everyone said already: I wouldnt worry about them. They are genetic and everyone has them. I started getting them in my teens. They are mostly centered around my thighs and hips (my body was molded to bear children... I have HUGEEE hips). To be honest, I was wearing a bikini today (my last day of vacation) and I started noticing I got weight loss stretch marks as well! They are the same color as my skin, but they are new and sunken in. Anyone else experience this?
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valalltogether View Post
warning foul language ahead :P

Yeup!! It is what it is... I have them from knees to chest.. and on my biceps too! There's nothing I can do about it, might as well embrace my stripes!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #11  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Best description of stretch marks ever...I have them all over, but mostly on my inner thighs and stomach...hopefully they'll be a little less noticeable once I'm less chunky.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote