Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Default Freaked out by my own insides

Recently, I've been noticing something strange in my sides, around my waist. If I press quite hard and move my hand around, I can feel things moving in there. Strange, lumpy, bumpy things. And it kind of aches and feels a little tight.

Naturally I assumed that my intestines have sort of exploded and splurged out. Or maybe one of my internal organs has decided to go walkabout. Whatever it is, it's surely a sign of my imminent demise. So yesterday I got the boyfriend to have a feel and see what he thinks.

He had a good feel, gave me a funny look, then went and googled a picture of the musculature of the human body for me. Apparently I have muscles there! And have managed to hurt one of them a bit, hence the lumpy bumpy bit. Knowing this, however, does not stop me being weirded out every time I feel it. It's an internal wossname! It should stay internal! I shouldn't be able to feel it! This is worse than veins in the feet, or collarbones!

Has anyone else ever been perturbed by the sudden appearance of muscle like this? How long will it take me to get used to it? And is this feelable-muscles thing going to become even more pronounced as I lose more fat? Argh!
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have a muscle in my abdomen that felt like a lump. Turns out it's a separated muscle from childbirth. Sometimes it's rounder than other times, but yes it freaked me out enough to ask about it and since doctors are always worried, I went through a ton of ultrasounds to make sure I didn't have a lump. No lump... just a muscle mass.

I think when you've never felt muscles before or what it's like to be thinner, things catch you off guard. Like, I get amazed that I can tell I'm bloated now by looking at my waist or abdomen. I can see a 3lbs water weight gain now. When I was fatter? No way. It was just always big, what was a teensy bit more on top of a lot of fat already?

You'll get used to it though as it's a good kind of lumps and bumps!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

And the famous line from Kindergarten Cop comes to mind... It's not a tumor!

Love it! I don't have any muscles in particular that have freaked me out. Years ago, I worked out and stuff, but wasn't losing any weight which was part of a wicked cycle I was in. I was pretty shocked when I started losing weight to see the muscle definition start to show, particularly in my arms. It was always there, just hidden by fat. Now I'm seeing new msucles pop up on my hips and chest area from exercise, and I rather like them!

I think you'll become more accustomed to the muscles, so they won't seem so pronounced.

Last edited by twinieten; 06-27-2012 at 10:04 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ive never been bothered by the appearance of muscles....however the other day i was getting dressed in the locker room at the gym and saw a strange big BUMP under my chest on the side...freaked me OUT!!...then i felt it and realized it was the top of my rib cage LOLOL! i've felt it before quite often but never actually bothered to look in the mirror at that angle and see it LOL i felt silly
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote