Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Default Rededication after diet/exercise hiatus

So, the past few weeks have been hard for me, motivation wise. Luckily, I have been maintaining my weight within 3 pounds of 189. I've been active having a daily walk to work of 2.5 miles (and many times back), but my running and weight lifting have been slowed to a halt. I know that for me, just walking isn't enough on its own. My eating hasn't been horrific, yet my calorie counting definitely went to the wayside and many nights I have eaten absolute junk. I don't feel horrible about myself, but I want to get my ducks in a row and lose my last 20-22 pounds this year so that I will have lost 100 pounds by the new year. I know that this behavior is normal after a fashion, but if I let it go completely, I see myself back where I started, and that isn't an option for me. So, I guess what I am saying is that I am going to celebrate my success at not gaining and reset my eating and exercise habits. This morning, I woke up and ran. That felt amazing, and to surprise, I hasn't lost a ton of my endurance or speed. I'm also planning my food for work ahead of time and measured out my breakfast, and lunch for work. I guess I just wanted to let everyone know where I'm at, and I'd love some tips if.you have any.

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 06-26-2012 at 09:46 AM.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #2  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

We all get lax and not nearly as motivated, especially when you've already lost a lot and it gets old trying to keep going.

What I like to do to help with motivation is go try on new clothes. I don't necessarily buy them, but just the act of going out and walking around in the non-plus size section is very motivating.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Wow -you lost 79 lbs! That alone is amazing. I find that at least for me, when I have people telling me all the time how "skinny" I look, and when I look at myself naked and don't hurl, I get a little comfortable. I might eat a little bit more pita chips. I might skip the last set of crunches at the gym. But then I remember that I still don't want the firemen to see me nude in this state if the house were to catch fire while I'm showering (yes I think of these things). And then I get my big behind off of the couch and go to the gym. And it usually feels amazing when I'm done. So here's to you for getting off of the couch. And here's to you again for planning your food. Here's to dedication, even when we don't have motivation.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

There you are FFF!!! I was wondering where you'd gone!

All I can say is this: You already know what to do, and are getting back on the train. My only suggestion is to check in here, as often as you can, and keep going!!

Welcome back!!

Last edited by kateleestar; 06-26-2012 at 11:05 AM.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote