South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

Default Beach Chat Monday 25th

Good Morning
It is a lovely fine morning today , after the storms over the last few days, some parts of the UK had a months rain in a few hours. Starting a busy week this week so have most of the house work to do today. I am trying a new bread recipe today, you don't knead it just mix it up in a bowl at night , leave it to rise overnight in the fridge then take it out and shape it and let it rise again in the morning.
Debbie I know how hard it is when you have family members that can't eat the same thing. Ian has to eat a low residue diet which means all of the things i have to eat like wholegrains and some fruit ,seeds etc he can't have so I always have the tempting things such as white bread , rice in the cupboards and have to cook 2 seperate things most of the time
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday, June 25

Paul and I are enjoying each other's company this morning. So nice to have him back!

We have lovely cool weather and rain predicted off and on today. My garden needs it although it did get a good soaking last night. It's also good to have a day when I know I can't work out there - still some plants wanting to get planted but ... Today I'll tackle "inside jobs" which means accounting end of the month stuff.

Disney is going for a fur-cut this afternoon at a new (to her) groomer and I am assuming she'll be her usual sweet self with Susie. The doggie spa is a tad pricey and a longer drive so I hope this works out. They will be at the kennel when I'm in NJ on the weekend and I want her groomed before then. Last time she was there with long fur, Keith "groomed her" - meaning shaved her and she even had a sore butt that needed diaper rash cream.

Time for another coffee and a realistic look at the week's schedule before I head for the gym. I have a pretty decadent weekend to work off - probably should stay on the treadmill for 10 hours!

Um ... six months from today ... never mind!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Eileen - Mmmmm, bread. I can't make too much of that, because I can not control myself!

Ruth - Hope she gets a beautiful haircut!

Same ole same ole here. I need to get back to working out, I hadn't done it in 3 weeks between an insane work schedule, and the pup being sick. Speaking of which, I do believe her nodes are shrinking, WOO HOO!! .

Anyways ....work, then hopefully a work out, then a normal evening at home.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Starting my newest PT job today then off to the other job. After that I need to get fingerprinted for job #2 so off to the other side of the hills. It's a busy one to start. Should be good practice. I'll stop back tonight after dinner and before wine Happy Monday Chicks
Old 06-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're expecting showers off and on here today, too, then a few days of comfortable temperatures. But the weekend is supposed to be hot, Ruth, so keep that in mind when you pack your bag. I hope Susie gives Disney a gentler grooming than Keith did!

Good luck today, Cyndi, on your new job!

I'm off to see what plans my girls have in store for me today. If the rain holds off, they'll have riding lessons this afternoon which means I can be home by 5. Other than that, it's just your regular Monday here.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm off to strength training class at the gym today. Last I heard from my trainer, her new place won't be ready now until maybe mid-July. So need to be motivated to get it done without her.

Then my post-gym Target run (since it is so close). Missing an ingredient I need for the crock pot thanks to the fact that NO ONE IN MY HOUSE PUTS STUFF ON THE GROCERY LIST BEFORE IT RUNS OUT. Yes, this is rather a pet peeve of mine. I'm actually cooking dinner for my teen; he spends so much time out with friends and on a weird schedule (sleep until afternoon, out until wee hours) that I'd sort of given up trying.

I tried the chocolate chia pudding yesterday. Has anyone else made it? Should it get "thick?" It tasted fine but really never got past the gooey stage; I let it go for a couple of hours in the fridge.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm on the fly....work in 40 minutes must put work clothes in the dryer. Food choices are great right now...love it when I'm in the groove. We went to brunch yesterday and I saw a .5 drop on the scale today.

Our latest, is that Kirk's DD, who is 1-2 weeks from having a baby asked us if we could buy her a reliable car and she would pay us back. It sounds reasonable but she has never been able to pay us back before....I spent my free time this morning writing her a very heartfelt and realistic email.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Ah Karen - teenage/young adult hours! It's been making me crazy with my 20 year old this summer! Just one more weekend of RenFaire (and rehearsals), so I'm hoping for things to get back to normal-ish!
Like everyone else it seems, today is recommit to the Exercise routine. Between the heat, sewing, and two funerals, my schedule was not my own last week! So, after my visit with you all, it's time to put on the capris and sneaks and hit the trail.
Ruth - what are you heading to NJ for? Sorry if you posted that earlier - Due to the above mentioned things, I've just been doing quick drive by's.
Cyndi - good luck on the new job!
Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

karen - wow, I'm with you on that one, a favorite pet peeve.

Debbie - hard case, eh? Good for you, keep us posted on how things go.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I am checking in late but I have off today, so I guess it's okay.

Slimbysummer, that must be difficult to have to keep those kinds of foods around, I wish your strength in resisting!

Ruth, your weather patterns are always so similar to mine. Hope your garden gets the moisture it needs, without being too much.

Twynn, great news on your doggie!

CyndiM, hope you have a great first day at the second PT job, then the other job! you are busy

Karen - oh, that is annoying isn't it

Lexxiss - congrats on being 'in the groove'! that is great isn't it. Oh and sorry about the touchy situation..that is a toughie.

Cottage - it will be nice to enjoy comfortable temps for a few days, won't it.

CatMat - I hope you can have 'your' schedule back!

Just my regular day off chores, plus a hair appt. And a day off means a full commitment to an hour's workout. Have a great day!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. I concur with Holly's post / comments. Off today too, was all set to hit the bike path, but a thunderstorm made it easy to stay in bed. Pouring at the moment, which is good for the garden. After a leisurely breakfast I'll work out then a trip to Beacon later. I have to collect a donation for last week's fundraiser and drop off t shirts. Hopefully between the raindrops I will be able to grill. Feel like bunless burgers. Up 2 from last week, but not complaining as my food and drink choices were all over the place. I also noticed for the first time in a while some serious cankles lol. This week is a normal week so I should have no problem getting back OP.

Enjoy your day
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning All!

GOOD LUCK Cyndi! PS How was W1P1 for you?

I am just popping by for a minute. I'm off work today so hopefully I'll be able to pop in again later, but I'm currently getting ready to get my health checked for my life insurance. I'm much healthier than I was 10 years ago!!! I hope.... I'm so nervous I'm afraid my blood pressure will be through the roof even though normally it's regulated with medication.

Weigh-in today, down 5 lbs on W1P1! 13 lbs to go in under 3 months. Stupid wedding dress. (I keed, I keed, I love my wedding dress!) Well anyhoozle, I'd better get a move-on. I need to meditate or do some breathing or something to calm myself down or they're going to laugh in my face. Hope everyone's having a great day!!!

Lisa
Old 06-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Waiting on Chris to be done, but my blood pressure was 110/70. YES!!!! Should know everything else by the end of the week!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Default For Cyndi

Hey Cyndi, in case you didn't see the album on FB... we do have KIND of cool birds in IL.

His name is Kludd, from Legend of the Guardians. And he does not like his photo being taken.

Mrs. Kludd must've been out shopping, as she wasn't around for the photo shoot. These are just a few of what I got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2802.jpg (39.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2780.jpg (73.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2768.jpg (65.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2767.jpg (56.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Hello my chicks hope you are all having a wonderful OP day. I have been super busy all week end and as well as today. I just had a minute to sit
down to post and it will be a quickie as I have a zillion things to do. I will try to pop back in later. Enjoy your day
Closed Thread