Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Bathing suit woes...

So I'm going to the beach next week, and I wanted another bathing suit so I'm not stuck with just the one I have for the whole week. And I'm trying to keep my purchases at the store I work at because I get a 20% employee discount on top of a coupon and whatever is already on sale at the store -- money saving for the win!

And there are nothing but ISSUES and they make me so upset. I've been thoroughly enjoying not having to shop in the plus size section anymore -- even an XL is getting to be too big now. However, this does not work the same with bathing suit tops, and it's really frustrating. I really probably need an extra large, but I can't find anything to fit my boobs. If it does fit my boobs, it doesn't fit my body. I don't WANT to shop in the plus size section -- the selection sucks, and I'm scared I'm going to run into the opposite dilemma: the suit fitting my body, but not my boobs. I really just can't find a bathing suit that actually FITS me like I want it to fit and I don't want to look like a frumpy mess when I'm on the beach. I don't want to shop in the plus sizes anymore either cause it makes me feel unaccomplished.

-sigh- Why do these things have to be so difficult? I wish we were like men an only had to wear bottoms, lol. Just grab an XL there and I'm good to go! Stupid boobs.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Try finding a suit that has cups in it. I have a size 8 and size 10 with D cups (which fit my DD cups) that I got from Macy's. I also found a cute tankini last year that fit my boobs fine.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Go online, try playboy or Victoria's secrets for swimsuits. I've found them to be quite accommodating for girls with larger lady lumps.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #4  

If I get it in my bra size, it doesn't fit in the bodice, or rather, it fits, but its clinging in the wrong places and a size up in the bodice would make it fit perfect.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

dont be too hard on yourself if you have to shop in the plus section for it either

i went shopping at fred meyers (not too many stores up here in alaska) for swimsuits a few weeks ago...it's totally dependent on the brand as to what size will fit...i chose to try on two-piece suits because i know my lower half is smaller than my upper half...there were size 14/16 swimsuits (one piece) that i couldn't even get over my hips(!!) and there were size 7/9 bikini bottoms that i could fit just fine...and everything in between...i just grabbed a ton of things i liked and tried them on...

i ended up with a tankini with a M bottom and an L top and i dont know what size those actually were
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I like neck the bathing suits and if I can't find one I will take something and tie the straps together behind my neck. like a cut rubber bad or something. this pulls my boobs up and together in suits that have large bust yet fit elsewhere ! maybe you could try that in the plus size suits ?
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'd really recommend buying in your bra size. It could very well be that a one-piece just isn't for you. I always struggle with them being that I have a long torso and a big butt, so anything that fits in my bra size is going to be too short in the torso and not have enough butt coverage.

That being said there are a lot of AMAZING options out there that come in two pieces!

First off, though, you need to determine your correct bra size. Measure your underbust and that would be your band size. To get your cup size see here. http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/p/fin...-that-fit.html and let me know if you have any questions!

Now, if you're looking for more coverage and you end up being a 34 band or higher Elomi has a cool thing that can even look like a one-piece. Basically, you buy a three piece suit: the bikini top, high-waisted bottoms and a tankini cover: http://www.elomilingerie.com/swimwear.aspx

If you're under a 34 band, don't fret there are still a lot of great options out there! Curvy Kate has swimwear that comes with Tankinis as well as Panache, Freya, Fantasie, Fraulein Annie, Miss Mandalay and many others. Good websites to check are listed here. http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/p/resources.html if you have any other questions just let me know!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #8  

1) Clarity: I still have a gut; a bikini is absolutely out of the question for me. It either needs to be a tankini or a one-piece. The problem with bra-sized tankinis is that the tops in my bra size fit my boobs, but not my gut. Right now I'd probably be a 34-36E, but if I tried on a tankini top in a 34, I wouldn't even be able to get it on!

2) I ended up getting a one-piece that I just-so-happened to find in an 18; which I'm not that worried about because it's a one-piece. I've found in the past that I usually have to size up from my usual dress/pants size if I'm getting a one-piece bathing suit; so it's not really an issue there. What's funny though is that it's just what I suspected: it fits perfect everywhere, but the boobs are way too big, but I can handle that. It's a simple black suit with ruching/shirring down the front and it's actually pretty damn sexy! I'm excited
Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #9  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Next time you need a swimsuit, try Modcloth -- they have great vintage styles that fit closer on the bust vs the bodice, and their sizes are from ~4 to 24 (misses to plus).
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/230/120

Height: 5'4"

I just wanted to mention that Walmart sells most of their bathing suits as seperates and the regular and plus sizes are on the same rack, and are the same styles. So you could for example, get size 10 bottoms and a 1x top. They had many tankini styles.
Coffeelover64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I love Lands End. I'm petite and pretty curvy, so I was able to customize a one-piece petite bathing suit with DD cups (although I'm a DDD it still fits well).

They have great sales really often, so I'd take advantage. I usually have straps that fall down, and a clingy child while swimming, but with this bathing suit, I know it's going to stay put...and it's a tummy slimmer
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote