Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

Question idk where to write this..

sorry if im posting in the wrong spot.. but i need some advice on weight loss.. i am 21 yrs old and ive been trying to lose weight FOR YEARS and well i just gained and gained... my highest weight was about 2 months ago.. i weighed myself at my friends house and i hit the scale at 205!!! Im only 5 foot and its taking a toll out of me.. i just recently started working as a house keeper on the airforce base which involes alot of bending and walking... and thats when it hit me.. today i was walking by the gym in one of the building and i JUST HAD TO WEIGH MYSELF... i was 202.4 lbs.. yea ive lost 3 lbs but ive never been over 175... and its really discouraging to me.. i cant fit in any clothes anymore... i bought a size 18 pants a few months ago and they fit awesome now i cant even fit into those! i walk by a mirror and all i see is the fat surrounding my body... i need help... today i got some extra cash and of course my bf and i went to burgers and more what i ate WAS SOOO good but i felt that i ate to much.. how do i stop the binging the unhealthy eating?! what kind of exercises should i do to start out with? at work today i started walking the stair instead of using the elevator... and yesterday i waslked 2 miles ( just because my car broke down) in 50 mins.. took forever.. how do i get the umph to do workouts! i wanna lose weight.. i would like to go to the mall and be able to shop in the stores... that everyone else shops in without having to worry if they dont have my size!? im a sugar junky i love cookies and i love chips also.. even sodas.. anyone have any ideas or can just give me ur opinion.. its much needed...
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/195/190

Hey. Try the scarsdale diet. it really works. just google it.

Also drink 1 gallonof water a day and drink smooth move tea (It has the all naturla herb senna in it and it will helop you digest your food and rid it quicker)

The scarsdale diet will teach you how to eat and keep the weight off.

Good luck. Also come to the forum lose 10 pounds by July 1st. its cool,...
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #3  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

First, welcome.

Second, I know how you feel. I have gone up in weight, down in weight and up. I think the very first step is learning something very important:
It's NOT going to be easy. It's NOT going to happen over night. You will want to quit, you will want to give in, and you will have bad days. However, it WILL be worth it and it WILL make you feel better in the long run.

If you poke around the forums you'll see a lot of people with stories, good days, bad days, quitting, starting again, and reaching goals. It's rather inspiring. (Personally I go to the goals with pictures when I feel down ... it motivates me).

To start, you can talk to a doctor about what's healthy, maybe look for nutrition around the web, book stores, or if you can afford it talk to a professional. I took a few classes in college to learn basic biology as well as nutrition. It's not an exact science as a lot of people have different issues (thyroid, anemia... etc).

Try small. Maybe open a fitday.com account or myfitnesspal.com and start logging your food. This tells you how many calories you're consuming as well as basic nutrition. Try to NOT eat less than 1200 calories a day. You need food.

A lb is approximately 3,500 calories to be burned to lose. So you should have an approximate 500 calories deficit a day. (Exercise and normal behaviors - what you consume). both fitday and myfitnesspal can calculate what you are burning based on activity.

As for WHAT exercise is up to you. Some people are comfortable running 7 days a week, I personally can NOT handle that. My knees would die...
Personally, I like the C25K (can google for the details) 3 times a week, maybe the leisure bike ride or hike, and I LOVE Jillian Michaels SHRED.

I think the biggest thing, is keep at it. You will platue, you might gain a week or two, and it's possible you'll feel it's going no where. I like to set small goals. 5 lbs to lose it actually impressive even if you have 80 to go. Think small steps. It's healthy to lose about 1 lb a week. If that's all you lose, that's totally fine. It's a SLOW SLOW process (personal experience).

I lose weight and gain a lot because I'm a stress eater and if you realize something triggers you to eat, then try to nip that in the butt. Good luck!
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

Welcome to 3fc! Exercise is great for burning excess calories, but make your diet a major priority too, because it's going to make the biggest dent on your weight. There are many diets plans out there, many being based on calorie counting, low-carb, and packaged meals. I suggest you look at the "Diet Central" sub-forum and check out the different plans that are out there. And ask lots of questions! You need to find a plan that YOU can live with, long term. If you keep up with the exercise, you'll find that you look more toned and healthy as the weight comes off. It sounds like you react badly to carbs (basically, sugar), which can make you even hungrier after you eat, so a low-carb diet might work well for you. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Last edited by Ramra; 06-18-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #5  

welcome

i understad how you feel-------im there like you but 4 weeks ago i cut out excess fat and refined flour and sugars and im down over 16 lbs. google weight watchers core food list. walking is a great way to exercise.
cancersuckseggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Welcome! You'll find lots of shiny, happy people ready to support and advise you along the way. Take the time to read around a bit and you'll find something that works for you.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote