General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #1  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Grumping...rant!

I thoroughly enjoy food...yes, even "good" food. Eating too much healthful foods = BAD.
My problem is I don't stop when I'm full...finish your plate, kids in Africa are starving. Gee thanks...now I ALWAYS finish my plate. And restaurants seem to serve everything TEXAS sized.
I keep losing and gaining...I'm an emotional eater, bored eater, not really hungry but food is available eater.
I work 10 hours, then drive 1 hour home and have to cook for my family, clean up...when am I supposed to work out...and if I work out...when am I supposed to sleep...and when you don't exercise you can't lose weight, but if you don't sleep then you can't lose either.

Calgon take me away!!!!!!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Girl, I hear you loud and clear!

I do the same, I find myself finishing every last bit of vegetables on my plate. Terrible "habit" or "need"......I'm working on it.

Good luck to you!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJubilee View Post
...and when you don't exercise you can't lose weight
This isn't necessarily true. As most will tell you on here, food is for weight loss, exercise is for fitness (or something like that). Try to make it less of an all or nothing situation. Get the food under control first. Easier said than done of course. Take half your restaurant meal home for the next day. Leftovers are a good thing (at home or at a restaurant) - makes things cheaper in the long run too, now you have a good lunch/dinner for the next day without having to make one or buy one. Which will maybe leave you an extra 15 minutes to go for a walk during your lunch hour... Try to take it one step at a time is all I'm saying. You don't need to change everything (your diet and exercise regime) all at once.

Anyways, you've probably heard this all before... and I know exactly what you mean. Just keep at 'er!

Last edited by EricAnn; 06-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote