Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #1  

Default Need accountability

I've been on and off here for a long time now. And every time I come back after a while, I promise myself "this time I'm going to go through with this".

I lost some weight two years ago when I was unemployed and able to concentrate all day every day on eating the right things, planning my meals ahead and jotting down every calorie that passed my mouth. Then I got a job, working shifts and very stressful, and I put most of it back on.
And now I made the move to start my own business, and I expected weight to come off just from running around in the large house I'm remodeling. Well, what shall I say, I put on more weight...

Anyway, don't want to bore you with too long a story.

Here's my plan:
I already get a lot of exercise due to the physical work I do. Nevertheless I am going to do some kettlebell weight exercises every night, and I'm going to make an effort to get out of breath at least once a day, preferably by running up and down the stairs.
I am going to have more green tea, because unlike black tea or coffee I don't feel the need to put sugar and/or milk in it, and I actually feel different, better, when I drink it.
As I'm preparing lunch for up to 8 people working here, I am sticking to the food I've been preparing in the past, but will only have one portion and no extras. Same when I'm doing cake in the afternoon. (My carpenter loves his sweet snacks, and I need to keep him happy.)
In the evening, I will only eat veggies, salad, and proteines. No carbs. That will keep me away from crisps, chocolate and alcohol.

I finally made the decision to post this here to share the idea with people. Because my lovely husband supports me in everything I do, unless I want to change our unhealthy eating habits. And everyone else around me will just sabotage me anyway. So I need you guys for inspiration, motivation and accountability! I've read so much here, and I finally want to make the right steps towards the "Goal!"-Thread.
3FCuser001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

That sounds like a great plan! There's no reason why you can't have sweets while you're on your diet, as long as you don't overdo it. They say if you have your carbs before noon or 1 or 2 PM or something like that, you're OK because your body will use it, not store it.

Being in an active job, as you know, doesn't make the weight loss easier. Sadly. Keeping control of your portions and making a conscious effort will make a difference!

People can't sabotage your efforts unless you let them! You have to get good at saying "no". I'm sure your husband will be willing to make small changes to make your life easier. Mine avoids bringing home snacks I love (there are plenty that don't tempt me) and my family knows to store things so they aren't at my eye level. I'm pretty good about resisting temptation now, but I'm still one bite away from losing it!

You're going to do great!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #3  

Thanks, Twinieten. I've seen in your tracker that your starting and goal weight are not so far from mine... How long have you been working on getting rid of the weight?

Unfortunately, there are some people around me who wouldn't like for me to lose weight, because misery loves company. But I'm going to do it anyway, I just won't talk about it outside of this forum.
3FCuser001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

You're going to do awesome
It sounds like a good plan. A lot of people make the mistake of changing a bunch of stuff all at once, and then it's hard to stick to.

And you're right. Misery does indeed love company. I had to cut ties with a girl because she was trying so desperately hard to drag me down D:
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote