Old 06-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #1  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Another restaurant thread...

Tonight we are going to Founding Farmers (a local-produce-using semi-fancy restaurant in the DC area) for an early Father's Day dinner.

Here's the menu: http://www.wearefoundingfarmers.com/...u-lunchdinner/

They also have an extensive drinks menu, with drinks from all throughout American history... so I know I'm going to have at least one, probably two cocktails. I want to try the Teddy Roosevelt julep, and maybe the Constitution.

It's an Up Day, calorie-wise, for me, so I have a little more calorie budget to work with. I planned it that way.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Land and Sea -- a crabcake and filet. This is Maryland, so their crabcakes should be good. Or maybe the Prime Rib. I'm hoping they can sub out the mashed potatoes for more veggies. I don't do carbs well (insulin-resistant/pre-Diabetic), so I'd rather save my carbs for a few bites of dessert or half a fresh-baked roll. Otherwise, I'd be going for the scallops with squash risotto, or the shrimp and grits. Whatever I get, I expect I'll only eat half of the plate, and take the rest home.

I'm really excited about going to this restaurant. I've been to the one downtown DC, and despaired of ever getting my husband there though I thought he'd love it (he HATES going into the city), so when I realized they had another one out in MD, I jumped at this chance. It's been featured for its Yankee Pot Roast on the Food Channel show "Meat and Potatoes", and when I went to the one in DC, that's what I had. It was amazing! And their lobster, crab, and salmon deviled eggs were featured on another FOod Channel show (I forget which one), and they were really good, too! (I went with a group from work, so we all got to try everyone else's food.)

Anyway, I thought I'd post about this, because I'm so pleased that with menus online we can plan for even the most special, decadent meal ahead of time, and work out strategies that fit our plan!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote