Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #1  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Getting your oil

Quick question before I go to bed. Some days are just so busy that i don't have time to make anything too elaborate. I am almost never hungry enough for a salad with my meal. Does anyone have any suggestions on ways that I can include some EVOO in my food other than for cooking it? (on those crazy days I usually end up oven baking my chicken breast and have some raw veggies). I would appreciate your creativity I can lick salt but I'd kind of rather not do that with olive oil if I can avoid it.

There is one thing that just popped in my mind. I used to take 1 tsp of pure grapeseed oil per day, my aunt is very nature-stuff oriented and said it would be good for me when I was a teen. I don't remember it being that gross-tasting, so could this be a viable alternative?
Kikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Quick question before I go to bed. Some days are just so busy that i don't have time to make anything too elaborate. I am almost never hungry enough for a salad with my meal. Does anyone have any suggestions on ways that I can include some EVOO in my food other than for cooking it? (on those crazy days I usually end up oven baking my chicken breast and have some raw veggies). I would appreciate your creativity I can lick salt but I'd kind of rather not do that with olive oil if I can avoid it.

There is one thing that just popped in my mind. I used to take 1 tsp of pure grapeseed oil per day, my aunt is very nature-stuff oriented and said it would be good for me when I was a teen. I don't remember it being that gross-tasting, so could this be a viable alternative?
I quite often just drizzle the oil over my veggies, either raw or cooked.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #3  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

I know a couple people here that take it by the spoonful, but i would rather cook with it.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I sometimes coconut oil, a half a teaspoon in my coffee. It's yummy!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 AM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Why not down it in a shake or smoothie or something if you cant do it over your veggies..or why not add it into your chicken..like put it on top of your chicken before you cook it in the oven..I would think adding it to the smoothie or shake would just mask the taste of it..especially if you chugged it down.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #6  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Just about every day I have 2 cups of fresh baby spinach with my oil, salt and pepper. So yummy!
3mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/214/125

Height: 5'

I was wondering this myself! I wasn't sure if cooking with it was good enough, because it all seems to cook off. I have found that if I drizzle a little over my salad and then sprinkle a bit of real salt, it's totally delicious.
valarielala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #8  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Everyday for lunch I cut up a cucumber into small quarters, add 1 - 2 tsp of EVOO and sea salt. I love it. I get in my 2 Cups of veg and my oil. My son also does this but adds red pepper flakes & splenda to his. We both arent veggie lovers and this assures us we get out daily veggies & oil in everyday. (of course we have our other 2 cups at dinner).
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote