Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 10:05 PM   #1  

Smile #186 Day by Day

Well that is how it is for me now. I'm not worried about a goal, just getting through the day. And today wasn't a good one. I am on a low carb plan and ate a bagel, one slice of pizza, and some cookies. But I did get in an abb workout and lots of water . So it wasn't a total waist!

The abb workout is only 10 min long and I'm going to try to do it at least twice a day. We'll see how that works!

Bella23
Old 03-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

day by day - good idea! Those days will add up to a week.. then the weeks into months... and before we know it we have developed good eating habits.

Moving over to calories has been really good for me - it's probably just because it's something new, a new obsession. I hope it lasts! I've been at the YMCA for over a month now - I am most impressed with that! I love to go. Not noticing really any difference yet - but all this sweat can't be for nothing. It will work!

I am now keeping a pretty regular excerise journal online here, with 3FC. I can really see that I am improving. So Bella.. you are right, day by day.

Dana
Old 03-28-2003, 12:36 AM   #3  
Catwoman

So true, one day at a time is a good way to see things. I've been a bit slack with my eating this last week and it shows - no weight loss. I need to just take things one day at a time and focus on what I can do now and how I can exercise more and eat better. I've been struggling with my water as well, it always seems that the days I get that in I overeat, what is with that? It's suppossed to fill you up not make you hungryier. Oh well I just keep trying, it is only by keep on keeping on that we get better and succeed. No one ever said weight loss was easy!
Dana that is so great that you have now really gotten used to exercising. I hate to miss mine now yet for so long I never did a thing! Exercise can really become one of the bonus's of losing weight instead of a chore.
I do hope everyone is well and keep on at it, we are getting there bit by bit

Kitty
Old 03-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

one day at a time.

one of the best things to come out of all of those "anonomous" groups. i try to follow it, but i get swept up in the future a lot. it's just a good mantra to keep in mind.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:14 PM   #5  

Bella, you are so right. I do set the goals, and strive to reach them, but realize that I must meet my daily goals to get there.
I too, recently switched to calories, and it has been a good thing for me. I realized that I can eat whatever I want, as long as I don't go over in calories for the day. There are foods that I had been keeping myself from, but craved, until I finally splurged. I am now going through some stress eating (I take the state boards next week, and with it costing $380, I can't afford to not pass the first time). But if I eat the big wonderful meals, and don't snack in between, I am just fine. The other good thing about this test is that I tend to procrastinate and now I'm cleaning the house more, walking more, riding my bike more (pretty much anything to avoid sitting down to study). I really need to look at this as one day at a time.

Bella, are things getting any better for you? I know that you were having a tough time. Are the girls enjoying thier spring?
Old 03-28-2003, 05:47 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Well, lots of things have been happening in my life.

My terrible, icky job just sank their claws into me. They gave me a promotion. AHhhhHHHHHhhh!

The good thing is that I managed to work out that I'd go down to 30 hours a week. So, that leaves a smidge more time for my school work. The bummer is that they're not going to do anything until July 1. So, until then, I can dream about leaving.

The scale has been kind to me lately and I've been doing very well with my plan. I've decided to try BFL starting April 1 (I have to finish reading the book). So, we'll see how that goes.

I have been to the gym almost every night! Holy crap! My boyfriend made the statement that I live there now but I really don't feel that way, just go in, do what I need and get out. Like brushing my teeth, except more frequent
Old 03-28-2003, 09:24 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Is it just me or I'm I the only one that wants to see pics of goddess jessica's "cute boyfriend"?

Congrats / my sympathy on your promotion
Old 03-29-2003, 12:18 AM   #8  

I agree, I would like to see!!

Speeking of the other side, I was showing someone (a mother of my daughters friend) a pic of the family. She said my husband was HOT, I agreed and was VERY proud!!

I know kinda off the subject, but I was kinda proud. I also stayed on plan all day today, and looked for another house. I found something I liked and am going on tuesday to see if I can get a loan. I am kinda happy.

That made up for the stressfull part of my day. With my hubby leaving in less then 2 weeks (we think) I think it's starting to hit me. I have been a bundle of nerves all day. Felt like crying most of it. I just want it to be over. But I'm hoping that when he gets over there and is able to let me know he is allright, I'll be much better!

Ok, that's all I'm going to talk about myself today, lol.

Goddess, congrats on your promotion, lol

Denise, Things are getting stressfull for me. But the girls are loving the warm weather. And so am I!!! Thanks for asking! Good luck on your test.

Dana, good luck with your new plan and trips to the YMCA. I am hoping to start curves soon. I hope that will help!

And for the rest of you, HI and Keep up the good work!

Bella23
Old 03-30-2003, 06:33 PM   #9  
JML
Success Story!!!

I'm not doing so well. I've been eating way too many sweets, have been snacking, eating more, and eating out too. I'm not adjusting yet to new circumstances. There's a family matter that's been very stressful the last few weeks, bringing up other family issues, and making the awful situation with my sister worse. I'm just not back to normal yet. I need to get back to normal. I've also been eating out more which is a happy thing because it's social and I have enjoyed the company, but I haven't gotten used to eating healthy while eating out. I know how. I just haven't been doing it. I feel angry right now. I feel angry at my sister for continuing to hate me, and for showing it, and I feel angry that my family ignores the whole situation. I've just come from the dinner table in tears. The family just ignores. It's just Jeanne. Jeanne cries sometimes. No. Actually, Jeanne gets angry sometimes. I'm a little angry at myself too for fleeing from the table and not confronting my sister and my family, but on the other hand, while they are having their dinner, that might not be the kind thing to do. Perhaps another time would be better. I just get so sick and tired of being hated and ignored. I've dealt with some of my compulsive eating issues -- eating instead of feeling an emotion or eating as a reaction to emotions. I still do a little of it - just not on the scale as before. But now, I have to feel the emotions I used to cover up by eating, and deal with the causes. I can't do that yet, but I know I have to learn. Darn it.

I have started. I've had a frank talk with my parents last week, which has been somewhat helpful. At least my mother understood why I left the table. My dad I think was just glad I left. But I haven't confronted my sister yet. She may never change. This may be a permanent situation, and something I may have to learn to deal with. The question is how. I can't spent time with the family hated and ignored for the rest of my life. I need to set up some boundaries.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:55 AM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I shook my groove thang @ a wedding last night for about 4 hours straight, does that could as my exercise point for the next 2 weeks?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:30 AM   #11  

lol, That is what I do for exercise for most nights! I love to dance and it is usually for about 1-2 hour streaches. My kids love it as well!

Good job! I bet your feeling it today.

Well my weekend was pretty much shot as far as food. But I didn't eat that much, just the wrong stuff! Most of it was because I haven't been feeling good. When my stomach is sick, I don't feel like eating anything with protein in it.

We'll see, my daughter has a doc appt because of her ear and I'm going to weigh myself there. We'll see if my scales match the docs scales. I'm kinda worried!

Bella23
Old 03-31-2003, 10:58 AM   #12  

Alright, I hate to be a downer, but I just found out some horrible news about a good friend of ours. About a year ago, she had a bad pregnancy, the child had no liver, or kidney, and they were forced to terminate the pregnancy at 18 weeks. She took it very hard, but they thought that since they weren't trying and she really wasn't watching what she ate/drank (she didn't know that she was pregnant until 14 weeks) that could have been the underlying problem. She's been trying to get pregnant since. They finally got pregnant (she's 16 weeks) and they were estatic. There were some early problems, and she spent some time in the hospital, but everything seemed to be going ok. Then last night, while out of town visiting family, she suffered a ruptured ectopic pregnancy resulting in internal bleeding. It look right now as if she will be ok, but there is a lot of blood around her liver and she is somewhat touch and go. So, please pray for my friend and her family. They need it right now.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:12 PM   #13  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sorry to hear about your friend, Denise. How awful. he will be in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:04 PM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Cute Boyfriend!

I wonder what the Cute Boyfriend would think if he knew I posted him here. Hmmmm... I think he'd dig it.

Here's him in all his cuteness, while we were hiking a couple months ago.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:48 PM   #15  

Denise, my thoughts will be with you and your friend.

Goddess, arn't we a proud girlfriend. Love is great isn't it!

Today was not so great. I had to take my daughter to the doctors for a real bad ear infection. It almost ruptured. Poor baby, now she is full of drugs and felling better.

I weighed in at the doc and he gave me a higher weight then my scales give me. My scales say 273 and the docs say 275. That sucks. But I will be going by my scales to chart the loss. Because a loss is a loss no matter what scale it's on.

Well I will talk with ya all tomorrow.

Bella23
Closed Thread