Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 7 (06/11-06/17)

Here are the initial results for week 6- leslieb (Blue Team Leader) will post the official results here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...y-results.html

As a team we lost 7.5 lbs or 0.26%!!

Biggest Loser:
Zogo (-1.8 lbs, 1.03%)

Honourable Mentions: MonteCristo (-1.4 lbs, -0.64%)

Shanhat81 (-1.0 lbs, 0.63 %)

Selway (-1.0 lbs, 0.54%)

Narnia99 (-1.0 lbs, 0.48%)

Bette K (-1.0 lbs, 0.47%)

Normally I only do 3 honourables- but there were 4 ladies down 1.0 lb and the percentages were too close NOT to count everyone!! WELL DONE!

You ladies rocked it this week & turned on the afterburners!

A great start to week 7 & we're half-way through the challenge.

3 members were eliminated due to missing 3 weigh ins. We have 15 members + our honorary member Elizabeth!!
GO RED!!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to Zogo for being our biggest loser!

Good work Shan, Selway, Narnia & Bette on your losses!

This weekend was 2/3s a victory. I did my workouts, and managed to stay under my calories, but I basically ate junk the whole weekend, and didn't quite get all my water in every day. But it was certainly better than last weekend.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #3  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Way to go Zogo!!!

Yeah for Monte Cristo, Shanhat, Narnia and Bette!!!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

I have a sore throat and feel light headed today - fingers crossed that it goes away this evening, I am too busy to be sick!!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Wow, I was hoping for an honorable!!! YAY!!!! Congrats all around to everyone.

I had a nice surprise today: went to my first spin class at my new gym and my favorite instructor from my old gym was teaching it!!!

Tomorrow is my 3rd stab at boot camp.

I started Pilates again ... and remembered how it's like being locked into a torture chamber for 60 mins.

Last edited by shanhat81; 06-11-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Congrats zogo, shanhat, selway, narnia, and bette!

My busy weekend is turning right into a busy week. Baby shower on Saturday, car show most of Sunday, car club meeting tomorrow, car club cruise in Wednesday, working late Thursday, day off Friday. Whew! Going on a booze cruise with friends Friday night - our local Irish band is playing on the boat. I'll let myself have 2 drinks.

I walked on my lunch break today - I've NEVER done that before! I'm really starting to feel like I'm building healthy habits. I'm wanting to fit exercise into my day, even if it's just 20 or 30 minutes.

Go red team!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Morning everyone!!!

Congrats zogo!!! Great job to all of our h. mentions: Monte, Shan, Selway, Narnia & Bette.

Finally back on track this week. Feeling good. My last week of work until Summer vacation!! Woohoo!!!! Then I can finally get my butt in gear and start working out again.

Have a great Tuesday!!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #7  

The weather conspired to get me off plan yesterday. A storm came through and knocked down a bunch of trees, so I didn't have power all evening, so I couldn't use my elliptical machine. Ended up taking the dog for a long walk in the rain...not as strenuous as the elliptical intervals, but at least I got my 40 minutes in, plus Sydney enjoyed it. Not being able to cook threw off my meal plan, and I almost went out, but I ended up eating some bread and butter with cold meat sauce I had leftover from the zeti. Not the most exciting of dinners, but it worked. I'm just glad this happened on Monday, when my resolve is the strongest!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Thanks everyone... and congrats to Montecristo and all the 1 pound losers!
I think I've put a little back on since Sunday, but I started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution yesterday and I need to see it to the end. 89 more days and counting. This might be hard with all that summer has to offer!

Great job getting in your exercise and avoiding the restaurant MC!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -- I'm doing a fast drive-by.....will be MIA for next couple days.....helping out parish pianist for next four weeks and have been practicing and selecting music, etc., like a wild woman. Hands are sore.....

I can see a pattern here though....i take on a project and put myself on a back burner....hmmmmmmmm

But I'm committed, so will be back soon as soon as hands feel better taking naprosyn and going to go rest them on an ice pack. I just haven't played since sister's wedding last year and to jump in and practice for hours just took its toll.

Congrats to winners/losers this week.....andddddddddddd

let's remember to drink our water!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Good Morning!! Was finally back down to 162 this morning! I swear I keep losing the same 3/4 lbs since Sept.

Elizabeth-Hope your hands feel better soon.

Zogo- Please let us know how you like Jillian's program

Monte-Great job on making the best of a bad situation!!!

Riddy-Have fun on your Booze Cruise!!!

Selway- Hope your feeling better

Hi! to everyone else!!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday
Old 06-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #11  
Idaho

Good morning Red Team!!

Does anyone else juice? I am new to it. I eat alot of vegetables a day and have been getting bored so thought I would try the juicing. Unfortunately I haven't found a "green" juice that I love yet, but do enjoy the fruit juices. My kids love running the machine. Last night we made Carrot Lemondade (carrots, lemons, pineapple, ginger and a little Stevia) - I couldn't taste it because I don't get carrots on my diet, but they loved it.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by selway View Post
Good morning Red Team!!

Does anyone else juice? I am new to it. I eat alot of vegetables a day and have been getting bored so thought I would try the juicing. Unfortunately I haven't found a "green" juice that I love yet, but do enjoy the fruit juices. My kids love running the machine. Last night we made Carrot Lemondade (carrots, lemons, pineapple, ginger and a little Stevia) - I couldn't taste it because I don't get carrots on my diet, but they loved it.
Ignoramus Q: what is juicing??
Old 06-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

oh my gosh- how can it be wednesday already?
I have school council AGM tonight & then a work Board Meeting on Friday- which means I've been running around like a crazy chicken.

Sounds like everyone's week has started off well.
It's finally getting a little warmer here, so I am finding it easier to drink water.

Elizabeth-I'm sure it's like riding a bike- have to get your hands into 'playing shape'

Mary-our body's like to just yo-yo up and down. I need to read more about the weight set-points that our bodies supposedly have & how to reset it!

Shanhat- I think its where you essentially puree the fruit or veggie (or use a special juicer) to enjoy the juice? Not 100% sure though.

Monte- way to make good choices

Riddy- yay for keeping your body moving. Ooh- a booze cruise- that sounds like fun. I may need one after this week~!

Okay- back to work for me. Keep making those positive choices! Hav ea great Wednesday!!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #14  
Idaho

Sorry, my last message got cut short.....

Shanhat - juicing is running fruits/vegetables through a juicer and drinking them instead of eating them. Pros - can consume a lot more nutrients, etc. from the vegetables. Cons - less fiber. By more nutrients, for example, I made a drink on Saturday that was 6 kale leaves, 3 handfuls of spinach, 5 celery stalks, a cucumber, and an apple (I think that was everything). So - you can consume the nutrients from all of those veggies in one glass of juice. It was terrible and I could hardly drink it. So - just wondering if others had green (vegetable based) juice recipes that they enjoy? I am still experimenting. Also, while dieting I am not sure that less fiber is a great idea - drinks are less filling then eating the veggies.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Elizabeth - don't forget to take time for yourself!!

Riddy - you are busy! What kind of cars?

MonteCristo - cold meat sauce? - you are dedicated!!!

Zogo - I am doing JM's Body Revolution too!

Maryshady - 2 1/2 more days until vacation!

Everyone have a great Wednesday!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #15  

My back is acting up horribly this week. It really makes it hard to exercise, not that it is any more painful, but I'm worn out and just want to lie in bed all day. It started Friday, and has been getting steadily worse every day. I went to the chiropractor yesterday, and I'm going again tomorrow, so hopefully he'll get it worked out soon. My back issues are chronic, but I've never had a bout last so long...it is becoming hard to concentrate at work. But I haven't missed a workout yet, and I'm on plan for food, and have been seeing at least a tiny weight loss everyday, so at least I know it is worth it!