Old 06-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

Arrow Who's on IP after trying Atkins??

I'm on Atkis for almost a month now and I'm getting really bored with the food choices. So I looked into IP and find it interesting but not ready to put to money out for the packaged meals... But I could try one of their drinks tonight if I don't hold myself.

So who's on IP after trying Atkins? Did you went cold turkey or ease into it? I was thinking of doing half and half. Starting with the drinks to begin since that seems to be what I miss most at the moment...

Any suggestions?
happyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

i think that any diet can be boring if you dont switch up your recipes...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

I don't think a half and half would work too well ... with Atkins you are restricted to 20 grams of carbs ... there are almost 10 carbs in most of the drinks (off the top of my head) - so it would be tough to get any veggies in. Have you tried maybe adding the Atkins shakes? They have a ton of Atkins bars and shakes out that may help.
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #4  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

i actually use the atkins rtd shakes in my alternatives for IP... it works...

The atkins diet and the IP diet is very different..Both can be boring if you dont shake things up with eating different things..The beauty of packaged foods, is that there are a wide range of alternatives in flavours...might i suggest if you want that "glass of orange juice"... you try Syntrax Nectar in the Fuzzy Navel flavour...It literally tastes like a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice give or take into account that its made from Whey so it does have that whey type taste..but its suitable for atkins and for ip alternatives...just a thought...

IP is really strict..you have to really wanna stick to it if your going to invest the money into it...Its not high in fat like Atkins..so if you feel full from eating high fat foods..this will be a shift for you...you can pretty much go cold turkey right into IP ..and if your in ketosis already from Atkins, then your a few steps ahead of the other newbies who still have to withdrawl from carbs and such...with every diet, there are different rules..you just gotta figure out if you want to play by them.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote