Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #1  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Default June Chat

Hi Everybody

I thought I would start a new thread in hopes that everybody would stop by. It has been slow in here for the last few days.

It's hard to believe it's June already and half of the year is almost over. It's strange for me because I have no idea how the rest of the year is going to go. Will I have a job or not? What will it be and what will it pay? That determines everything else unfortunately.

I have no grip on my eating still and I keep planning to exercise daily but so far have only worked out 3 times since I was laid off. I know that the good thing about it is I can change that at any time. I'm just going to concentrate on that. I need to get off of here and really work on some house cleaning.

How are you guys doing?
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #2  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

hey hope! thanks for starting a new thread.

I had a horrible day, feel pretty crushed. Not able to explain it all out but now I'm completely lost again. Things were going to work out, new job etc and it all got shattered today.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Hope and LeilaJey - thank you for starting a new chat thread Hope Did you start on the housecleaning? and about the exercise, I am really liking this Anni Mairs lady, I don't know if anyone has her full vids on utube..she is kicking my butt

LeilaJey - oh gosh, things do not sound good so sorry to hear that!

I'm doing pretty okay. I have brief moments weekly of that bad melancholy when I think of dead parents, grandparents, the 'what is the use of life' deal. God, if I didn't have a job and a husband and a place to keep up with, I could SO easily just sink into bed and stay there. I have to force myself to move onto something to do instead of wallowing. Even in my glory time of summer My weight has been holding at 142 or even 141 which is wonderful. But I still see myself as having fat arms and big thighs.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #4  
Starting Again

LeilaJey I'm sorry to hear that your plans didn't work out. I don't know what all happened but I do understand being crushed about losing a job that you were counting on. It's hard to pick yourself up and make new goals and plans. We are here if you want to vent. I hope you are doing ok.

Vermont, no, I did not get started on the house work. I did laundry and dishes yesterday but for some reason I don't have trouble keeping up with that. It's other things that really need to be worked on that would change the way the house looks. I have major straightening and organizing to do. I grew up in such a clean house and I miss it really badly. Everything here is so dusty and there isn't room for many of my clothes. I have so many plans to just clean every room really well but when I try to get started it's just like I'm frozen and can't do it. I seem to have trouble doing anything I'm not forced to do, even if I want to do it and it would really improve my life.

I'm going to google Anni Mairs.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #5  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Vermont I think it's the overall picture that matters.. I'm glad you're mostly in a good place I'm catching up to you weight wise! Finally in the 140s

hope Thanks! I know, I cried in the car for the long drive home and my boyfriend just said something along the lines of "that's why I don't make plans, they don't work out".. and now he's having a little pity party for himself about whatever. I feel like I needed a bit more support than that.. bleh. Hopefully something else comes up. It's a shame because this was gonna be perfect.. how are you?

It's such a miserable day here it's not even funny. Heavy rain all day, all night tonight and tomorrow.. spot flooding, I skidded on the way home today. I've been really tired for the past week or 2 and I haven't exercised for the past 2 days when I said I would.. just so tired. Going to make sure I get enough rest tonight and tomorrow hopefully I can do something. I wish I lived close to a gym/could afford it, that'd be great.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #6  
Starting Again

Leila, how are you doing? BF's are notorious for not always saying the right thing. Have you made any other plans yet or have you been looking for another job? I hope you have found the motivation to exercise. I haven't been doing any, even with all of this time on my hands. DF has been coming home early unexpectedly though so if I don't do what I need to do in the morning it hasn't been getting done.

I really need to put myself on a schedule. I need to set my alarm and make myself get up, do some cleaning and exercise before noon or 1pm. That way if DF gets off early or I decide to do nothing in the afternoon I will still have accomplished something.

Vermont, are you still feeling good for the most part?
Old 06-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #7  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default There is hope!

Hi all,
I had to give up work 18 months ago for a whole load of reasons having been in a responsible professional career since leaving school.
It has taken me over 12 months to get my head around it all but I am now seeing becoming healthier and fitter as my job until I start a history degree later in the year. Not sure if that helps anybody but it certainly has helped me.
Go easy on yourselves!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #8  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks

LeilaJey, congrats on shrinking down!

Hope, I hope I didn't sound liek I was nagging you about the housework, just inquiring and YES overall I am in a good place.

Hey mountain walker, HI and that was nice to hear!

My eating has completely gone back to pre-South Beach loss time. i don't know what happened to my structure! I've got to get back to that.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #9  
Starting Again

Vermont, no you didn't sound like you were nagging at all. I just get annoyed sometimes when I can't get myself to do such small things that would improve my life so much. You are doing so well with your eating. Don't let this blip derail you. Just make an eating plan and get back on track. You can do this. (It sounds so easy doesn't it? I haven't been able to do it in over 2 yrs.) Sending will power your way.

Tomorrow we are getting a new mattress delivered and I'm so excited. It sounds silly but we need one really badly and this is one of those nice pillow top mattresses. It should really help my back and we should sleep so much better. But almost even better it forced us to clean our bedroom. It actually wasn't that bad but we vacuumed under the bed and under our furniture, did the baseboards and dusted everything. There was so much dust under the furniture. No wonder my allergies bother me so much. There's nothing better than knowing that the entire room is really clean. If only the rest of the house were the same. That's what I need to work on.

Mountain Walker, you are right. I need to make my job getting healthy. And cleaning house.

Last edited by hope4me; 06-12-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #10  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Good morning everyone!

I am doing okay. Mentally I'm fine for the most part, I haven't had a depressive episode in a while. Glad for that small victory.

In terms of weight loss - meh. I don't know why I can't seem to stay motivated. I need to do a hardcore South Beach Phase I because I am eating waaaaaaay too much crap these days.

Hey Leila, Hope, Mountain, and Vermont! Hello to anyone else I missed!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #11  
Starting Again

Mustang, it's good to see you. Glad you are feeling good mentally but I'm with you on the eating. I just eat whatever I want these days. I'm craving fresh fruit and veggies lately, maybe because it's summer, but I'm still eating LOTS of crap too.

Vermont, have you been riding your bike to work? We've had some pretty nice weather here but a little cooler than most summers have been and I'm not complaining at all. I can do without the 100 degree days.

Still no word on the job front yet. I went to an orientation yesterday with the agency that my former company is paying for to help us with our resumes and job placement. I was sitting there with the big wig former VP of my department and the assistant of another VP in the same area who was let go as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #12  
doing it right this time

S/C/G: 230/192/140

Height: 5'8"

This is my first time posting here in the chat thread! Yay!

Some struggles for me lately have been smoking. I'm not a smoker, but I am quickly becoming one- much to my own disgust. In attempts to curb my alcohol intake and possible binge eating.... I've replaced two bad habits with one new one. Worst of all- my financial situation has gotten pretty rough the last few months and Im forced to move back in with my parents this weekend. On a temporary basis, but still. Both of my parents and one of my brothers that still lives at home are all smokers. And its a social thing for them, sitting on the back porch smoking and having a beer and laughing. I feel very left out. But cigarettes are the low-calorie option

Ahhhhhhhhh!
blondebombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #13  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! Miss me?

Blond - DO NOT SMOKE!!!!!!! it's one of the worst things you can do for your body, you're killing yourself and paying money to do it too! I quit smoking about 7 years ago and I still regret ever starting. To curb my alcohol intake I drink club soda w/ lots of lime. Go ahead and stand/sit out there with them... out of the smoke. If you need to do something w/ your hands take up knitting or crochet.

Hope - Hopefully you get that job... if nothing else it keeps you out of the house! It is not silly to be excited about a new matress, we got one just before hubby was laid off and it's one of the best things we ever did.

LJ - We've had a lot of rain up here too but not like that. I can't afford a gym either, that's part of the reason I decided to take up running... well, that and because I have hyper dogs and oddly enough I've always wanted to be a runner. Congrats on being in the 140's!

GEM - Glad to hear you are still doing well I find I either eat good, or exercise lots... LoL Unfortunately just doing one or the other doesn't help my weight loss either!

Vermont - I'm glad you're in a good place Been out riding lately?

So... I'm still in an ok place, sorry I haven't been around, life keeps flying by. I finally went out and got a new scale and I do not like it at all! It's too much, if you know what I mean. Eek. But... I recently got a new app/game for my iphone called Zombies, Run! I kid you not, that's what it's called. It takes place after a zombie apocalypse where special runners go out and collect supplies to grow your base and keep it healthy and happy. You're Runner 5 and you have to avoid zombie hordes while you run, it's great fun There's a story that goes w/ it that I'm just getting into, I missed some of it last night because my headphones weren't properly plugged in (duh!) but it sounds pretty interesting. I went to the off leash area w/ my dogs and did a bit of running while it played last night... maybe not the best thing to play when you're running through a wooded area at 930 without many people around... you might, might just about have the poop scared out of you by your own dog jumping out of the bush. Not that I know anyone that happened too............. Anyway, so yeah, I'm doing pretty good. Not sure if it's the sunshine, the viatimine D my doc recommended I take or the steady exercise I've been getting but I'm ok. Life isn't perfect.. far from actually... my husband messed up paying the bills... leaving us w/ a $900 power bill and a cut off date of NOW. We avoided this by borrowing from my family... I made him call and ask my mom. I made it perfectly clear that I was doing nothing of the sort. Of course we haven't payed anything back yet because his other deal didn't go as planned etc etc etc. We're figting w/ his ex wife again, she had his passport siezed and is claiming child support even though his daughter lives w/ us. It's absolutely crazy. His daughter keeps saying she hates her mother and doesn't want to have anything to do w/ her. I told her not to say that and that every girl needs her Mom.. she said "No I don't, I have you.". Wow. I didn't exactly know what to say about that. And to top it off hubby is now unemployeed again. I have the feeling that in the future I may be holding onto my sanity by the skin on my teeth. I plan on telling him that I can not and WILL NOT go back to the way things were. I just can't handle it, mentally or physically, so this time I'm going to put my foot down and not let it get that far. But I guess not today cause it's his birthday. But on the good side I now have a dog who's picture is part of a museum exhibit , we got to go to a nice party at the musuem and got beautifully framed copies of the picture. This one we're supposed to "play" forward and give to someone. Then at the end of the exhibit we'll get the one that actually hung in the museum. We also got a pass to go back as often as we like while it's on. Also, my favorite sister (the only one I'll admit to) and her kids are moving back to the city! Unfortunately her dead beat husband is coming w/ them but it can't be helped. It's going to be really nice having her and her kids in the city. Part of me is hoping she'll help out w/ caring for our parents so I can take a break once in a while. I'm going to tease the heck out of her son, that now that he lives here, he has to cheer for our hockey team. Hockey is huge here, the cities are close together and the teams are huge rivals so this will really irk him. He's just young enough that he may believe me! I'm employing other members of my family to help with this.

But enough of my rambling.. I should run dearies... it's almost time to go home and I have to clean my desk and stop at the grocery store to get burger and cake etc... I think I'll get sparklers for his birthday cake

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 06-15-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks!! I chose to work some extra hours at my work so I havent checked in. Welcome to blondebombshell! PLEASE please do NOT pick up smoking as a low calorie alternative can't stress that enough. You can stop eating crap without subbing that!! we care

Mustang - glad you have not had a depressive episode in a while!!! may that blessed state of mind stay for you.

hope - wow, so many big heads rolled in that layoff!! BEST wishes on getting something you like, and pays well, soon. Miracles happen! and congrats on the mattress, that is a wonderful investment.

Aunty Jam - congrats on the doggie pic!! and glad you are happy about your sister coming. I am bummed about your finances as well I wish you strength to put your foot down about issues that are critical. Takes alot to do that.

LeilaJey - YAY to being in 140's!!!!

I am kinda scared to get on the scale, so just did now to be accountable! 143. Seems like I have been eating tons of sweet cakey stuff (my nemesis) but I guess I've been balancing it out. This is almost my lowest adult weight since getting married (a billion years ago) yet I still think of myself as pudgy, chubby, whatever similar words. Not fat ... but not slim or fit. Yet I have pics of myself at one pound less about 8 years ago, I was 142, and in those pics I think I look slim. What is wrong with my head?!

YES I've been riding alot!! almost every day to work However...and I guess I am a repeat offender...I got popped for speeding yesterday, first time while on the bike however. He 'gave me a break' so "only" $99 fine (instead of at least $179) and 2 points off license. I have GOT to pay attention to those 25 mph signs!! I think when you get 10 points your license is suspended..I know I have 5 points. Yikes.

well I need to work out (have skipped 3 days) and need to do laundry, housework, etc (my day off) HI to anyone I missed!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #15  
doing it right this time

S/C/G: 230/192/140

Height: 5'8"

Today is my first day as a big fat quitter!!! (of smoking lol!) My mood swings will probably get crazy out of control. But I am trying to be conscientious of it at all times.

Also- just wanted to say to everyone how impressed I am with your strength and perseverance! It is important to get validation for your little victories- and one day of checking in here, reminding yourself that you are doing the best you can (be it diet, exercise, or surviving life) is an amazing little victory
blondebombshell is offline   Reply With Quote