General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink I Wish She Had A Bigger Rack....

I wish she had a bigger rack....wine rack that is!

It only holds 10 bottles

Angie and I had to have our cabinet maker cut it down as it hung too far over the short soffit where we removed one of the walls for the new kitchen.

Following are pics that I took of the new carpet and flooring, the new bathroom vanity and kitchen.

The second link is to Angie's blog of before and after pictures...way cool.

I know I joked around a little about my wife's choice of red and white cabinets and the medicine chest fiasco but I am pretty proud of her colors and lay-out/design of not only the cabinets but the flooring and other stuff we did. Along the way my brothers and I tore down and rebuilt walls, moved electrical, changed all the doors in the house, did tile work on the fireplace and repainted several areas.

We are glad to be back "HOME"

http://www.nonnizu.blogspot.com/

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/...New%20Kitchen/
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Beautiful !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOWIE ~ it's stunningly gorgeous! I love the view from the diningroom and livingroom now. It's so open and airy ... and so classy looking! I love the colors too. Must have been a lot of work taking out those walls but the end result is worth it for sure. Love the lights in the ceiling too. I also like the darker red & black on the bottom; the cream upper cupboards does lighten it up and they go well together too! Wonderful job!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Beautiful work Gary! The whole design looks awesome!! I love that it is so open and warm!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #5  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Nice work, Gary. It looks great.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Wink rack's just right!

Absolutely beautiful Gary and Angie! Looks so open, despite some darker colours replacing the all-white from before. Love the "red" and black combo with the cream above.

I have a 3 bedroom house that's looking for a rebuild - should you ever want to visit Canada for a year or so. All the wine you guys can drink!

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #7  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

WOW!
That's absolutely beatufiful, now fully functional and a labor of love in evidence...Woohoo! Now that the work is done, you can enjoy the view and the results of the hard work and patience that went into this project! I'm sure a lot of patience was displayed, right?

Last edited by Blondee51; 06-03-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Blondee51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

WOW! Looks great!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks everybody

Angie is really happy with it. We actually got through all of the remodel with few problems. Nothing major, but at the same time I hafta say not all went super well. We had a lot of adjustments along the way.

It was a big help having my brother and bil available to help me with my end of it as I could not do some things by myself...the new beams holding up the kitchen are quite heavy!

A few other issues too...a couple of flaws in the flooring we are still working on with the installer, that is going well. As I mentioned the wine rack needed cut down but that was my cabinet guy's fault...he forgot we were taking that wall out when he measured. And, some how my brother and I managed to reverse the draft on the stove the second time we installed it...it's a down draft one but now it blows up...

Angie is not impressed with that

I think we just crossed some wires, an EZ fix, just need my bro and bil here to help me pull it out.

It has been so much fun seeing the expressions on people's faces that did not see any of the remodel part in progress, like my son and nephew. My son was aware of it but as we got closer we didn't allow him to see it and we didn't tell my nephew...he was busy with NAVY and his buddies...he actually came by last Sunday morning while we were at church, he has a key, you should have heard the phone msg. I had when I got in the car it was hilarious! He actaully was kind of scared, thinking he was in the wrong house, or sold we the house to someone...until the goldens attacked him

We had a BBQ last Sunday so most have seen it now except a few that couldn't make it like my ex-wife and the kidnapper. The kidnapper saw the walls down but that was in the very beginning stages and my ex-wife hasn't seen it yet. I know she will be happy for us and a little jealous too...she spent 10 years in that kitchen.

Even our 14.5 month old GRANDdaughter1 knew the house was different But it didn't take her long to find a drawer that she could open And, honestly, it just so happend to have her spoons, bibs, puff treats, and extra binky in it....

She was in heaven ...as it should be!

I will say, with the walls down it is pretty loud when everyone is here...seems to carry down into the family room more too

Yep loud and noisy....

but that's the way we roll!

Enjoy your families

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-03-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #10  
Chuggin' along...

Nice new kitchen Gary! Nice work Angie! You're right, the open layout will make it much nicer to have big social gatherings. And even though you lost some walls, it seems like you added a lot of very usable storage space on the other wall. Love the pull-out drawers.

Last edited by Megan1982; 06-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #11  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Love it. Looks great.

I need a new kitchen.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks gals ~ Megan, although we did downsize some because we don't need all of the big bowls, pots, etc. since the kids aren't here (put them in the garage storage in case we need them) we were able to fit everything back and have extra room. The cabinets are a lot deeper than the old ones...

and we added 26 square feet of counter space...

THAT was our greatest need!

BB ~ took Angie 16 years to get her new kitchen...I remember the first thing she said after seeing my house, our home, for the first time...nice house but your kitchen must have been designed by a man!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4.75"

Absolutely LOVE IT! And I think the color choices work WONDERFULLY!
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote