UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Default Kelvin Mckenzie in This Morning...

OMFG!!! He needs to be sacked, shot and fed to the wolves. Bang the title of this post into YouTube and you'll see what I mean... I was watching it live and my blood started to boil!! Even the hubby was angry. He could see me going red with the rage, tried to turn the tv over and I told him not to. Because I wanted to see where he was going with his comments, and... Well he's gonna be going somewhere hot when he departs this mortal coil.

Urgh just thinking about that balding idiot gets my pulse up with anger... *Deeeep breaths* I want to put a complaint in but I dont want the show coming under fire for his stupid, ill-informed comments... and gestures... Yes... Keep watching towards the end he pulls a "fat face".... Uuuuurgh!!! The worst part is... He isnt exactly the most in shape men.

Last edited by LozzCowell; 05-30-2012 at 01:22 PM.
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

So... he is against hate of fat people in shouting at them... but is sproating so much hatred about them! It made me laugh in a way because he is so stupid. I would tell him we can't all be of the body beautiful like you, hahahaaa!
xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

EXACTLY!!! how can you say one thing and then do what seems to be a complete u turn and offend people in the process?!

He needs to take a looong hard look in the mirror!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

What a jackass. He has no idea what he's talking about. There are so many issues that contribute to weight gain, and I certainly didn't become overweight because I "ate too many donuts". And there is no excuse for anyone at any time to say that I, or any other person who's been overweight, don't deserve to be outside and live life like any other person. People should never be treated like they're lower class simply based on a physical characteristic. What the heck!

Last edited by Ramra; 06-01-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #5  

There is actually a fair bit of this nastiness about at the moment because it is being debated whether appearence/weight based abuse should be classed as hate crime.

Some people are saying 'Well, maybe those fatties NEED to be insulted so they might lose some weight!'
This is so wrong! Do they think we some how don't know?? I am fully aware of my weight problem without needing telling. And being insulted does NOT motivate many people, it actually makes you feel worse, which makes you less able to change. People respnd to encouragement not abuse. And more than that, what about respecting people and their dignity and just not being RUDE?? Uuugh!!!
xxxx
Old 06-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #6  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

completely agree Jose, its like they think we dont know we are fat unless they tell us. like 'hey, you're fat', 'why so i am, thanks for letting me know, i hadnt noticed' duuuuh!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #7  
Calorie Counter

You've hit the nail on the head there Jose. Encouragement is so much more productive than critisism, and I've been at the end of some pretty horrible comments over the last couple of years. But... I always tell myself that I'm doing this for myself, not anyone else. No one else is going to do this for me, that's it.

MissSmCc - that used to be one of my come backs lol, now its "really? Well at least i can do something about it, unlike you." That confuses the heck outta them. Lol

Now if people like this idiot can't or don't want to understand why some people are overweight, whatever the reason, then they have NO RIGHT to make any sort of comments. Yes they can have opinions, fine. But like my mum used to say, if you haven't got anything productive to say, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! She actually said that to my maths teacher once. He hated me and I hated maths... And i still do lol I wonder why
Old 06-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLo View Post
And more than that, what about respecting people and their dignity and just not being RUDE??
But we're fat people, remember. That automatically disqualifies us from any expectation of civil treatment from our superiors, the skinny people.

It's the rudeness of it that bothers me the most, honestly. That bloke in the video, the blokes shouting "fatty" and "bingo wings" at me when I was walking home the other day, the people we all come across far too often who don't seem to have any understanding that they're being really effing rude. I just can't fathom how they think it's acceptable to be so rude to anyone, whether a stranger or otherwise.

When people call us fat, we're not supposed to let it upset us, we're supposed to know we're better than them and not let it get us down. But they're demonstrating that they think we don't deserve the most basic courtesy, and they're getting away with it. That's the upsetting part.

Mind you, I did like the gobsmacked look on Philip Schofield's face when that idiot started on his little spiel.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brid View Post
But we're fat people, remember. That automatically disqualifies us from any expectation of civil treatment from our superiors, the skinny people.
l.
Right true! We clearly don't respect ourselves, so why expect it from others?? I have respect for myself, I don't understand why people think being fat means i wouldn't

I don't know about anyone else, but it is rarely skinny, gorgeous types who are nasty to me, it is more 'everyday' people (see Kelvin McKenzie, not the most typically attractive slim man there ever was). Which suggests to me it is about THEIR insecurities. They need someone to be superior to.

I hate the idea that some people just see me as a fat person. They don't see the good bits, and admirable qualities, they think it is all there is to me. I feel sometimes that I am seen as less of a person. Oh wow, the more I think, the more I can get upset.

I want to lose weight for me, but I know too I will be seen and treated better for being slimmer. This makes me uneasy, why do I have to be slim to 'earn' this
Old 06-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

Because unfortunately, the "normal" people like Kelvin rule the world... Or they'd like to think that anyway.

At the end of the day, no one, white, black, Asian, Indian, big or small, no one deserves to be treated like something you might tread in. It's not going to get any better, well at least not anytime soon.

All WE can do is prove everybody wrong, improve ourselves and then they can wallow in their own miserable existence. That way, one day, they'll have to make a huge change, like we already have, to their lives. We're just doing it now

He is just a horrible, angry, not so little man who wants to cause even more trouble. And now, I say poo you sir, poo you very much

Last edited by LozzCowell; 06-02-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR!!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLo View Post
I hate the idea that some people just see me as a fat person. They don't see the good bits, and admirable qualities, they think it is all there is to me. I feel sometimes that I am seen as less of a person.
I know what you mean, but think of it this way. When you're out and about, do you really take notice of every person you pass? Do you stop to consider their qualities and abilities and what makes them unique? Or do they all just pass by as one faceless mass? I might notice someone with pink hair, or a great big handlebar moustache, or a missing limb, or a dog with a particularly stupid haircut, but all I'm noticing is something that's standing out from the faceless masses of humanity that surround me. Equally, we get noticed because we're fat, and that stands out. Sure, some people who see you might think "he could do to lose a few pounds", but far more people notice your size and then move on, and don't think anything else about you, good or bad.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #12  

Yes! To me it would be like Pandora's box, to find out what everyone I know, especially those acquaintances who are not true friends, what they really think of me. I would likely find some good perecpetion but also bad.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Not being familiar with this person I did look at his rant on You Tube. I wonder if he has looked in the mirror lately, if he does he will notice that he has a double chin.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote