Old 05-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 179.6 on a quest to 140

Height: 5' 3''

Default Bored

Only in week two an already I am bored silly with this meal plan… the diet is working and I want to be faithful but I am so so so bored of life without carbs & variety. Seriously considering a cheat day.
JackBs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
Only in week two an already I am bored silly with this meal plan… the diet is working and I want to be faithful but I am so so so bored of life without carbs & variety. Seriously considering a cheat day.
Try to Stay with the diet, the cravings will subside. I researched this forum and found several recipe links that offer tons of suggestions for changing things around cause i needed variety too.
Those recipes provided me the ways i needed to stay OP. I cheated once and it took me a week to get back on track with the weight loss.
wendywendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #3  

I love carbs, which why I ended up here in the first place - I know that. However, I would say my biggest struggle is the lunch time veggies. I am not a veggie lover… especially not raw, which what lunch usually comes down to. The restricted IP packs are pretty much all good; however, the others are mostly not to my taste.. hate hate hate the soups, omelettes, and soy paddy's and they seam to be the only real meal like food…. sorry but pudding is not a meal. I don't want to be negative and I certainly don't want to quit but I am struggling today….. big time. Fort the record, I have tried recipes - still the same ingredients over and over
Old 05-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

You're only at week two, there's LOTS of veggie recipes I couldn't have covered all the recipes in two weeks.

I hated veggies too but now I love them...find it odd to be without veggies now. I hated the same packets you do, never did try the chilli or spaghetti...

Have you ever tried making your own salad dressing…once I found one I liked I really stuck to it, I STILL love my salad and find it the thing I look forward to when I do my phase 1 day after a ‘free day’.

It's work to go through the effort of trying a recipe and seeing if you like it, deciding not and finding another one...but its worth it in the end.

I wouldn't have a cheat day just to have a cheat day cause you're bored. You're going to set yourself back a few days and could end up struggling the entire time you're on the diet.

Just my opinion, good luck to you!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #5  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Maybe.it time to try a different diet... Try atkins or even WW...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Not going to find much if any support here for a "cheat day" have you looked at the recipes in the sticky threads. There are so many it makes my head spin every time I look. My clinic will lend out the cook book too. I would think yours would too.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #7  

Certainly was not looking for support for a cheat day or a suggestion to give up and try another diet - was really really seeking encouragement. I will ask about the cook book at my clinic.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #8  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I'm the boring type and don't need much change but if you do the cook book is awesome. Very creative and most the stuff online and on Face Book is amazing. I just don't have the creativity in me. I like it quick and simple. Let us know what recipes you like best.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #9  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

JackBsMom - What kind of food do you like? Are you a chocolate junkie, or a sweets in general type? Let me know and I'll throw you some suggestions. I actually do a shake for breakfast, drink some water, shake for lunch (or use Wonderslim Chicken veggie soup poured over veggies which I love) and a sliced cucumber throughout the afternoon to snack on. I'd happily get you some awesome recipes and just make it a simple link for you
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #10  
04/23/12~Kara

Oh, and a cheat day can set you back by more than a week, so just imagine going back through week 1 again, yarg!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I love carbs, which why I ended up here in the first place - I know that. However, I would say my biggest struggle is the lunch time veggies. I am not a veggie lover… especially not raw, which what lunch usually comes down to. The restricted IP packs are pretty much all good; however, the others are mostly not to my taste.. hate hate hate the soups, omelettes, and soy paddy's and they seam to be the only real meal like food…. sorry but pudding is not a meal. I don't want to be negative and I certainly don't want to quit but I am struggling today….. big time. Fort the record, I have tried recipes - still the same ingredients over and over
Have you tried turning the pudding into a shake and adding some spinach? The spinach will only turn your shake green, but you will not change the flavor. Get creative if you want to be successful on this diet. Also only two weeks in is not enough of an investment to really make the cravings go away. I've been on this diet for 7 months now and it is so second nature to me. Of course I miss certain foods, but I know one day they will be there again.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Here's sending you lots of encouragement to keep OP!

I am a carb-lover just like you. I have been where you are and you WILL get through it. Have you checked out Finn Steven's FaceBook page of recipies? I have tried several of them so far and they are dynamite. I never liked spinach unless it was in a dip or creamy sauce. But I made his recipe the other night and loved it. Had a few times more since. Another veggie I absolutely can't stand is cauliflower. But he has a recipe on there for a "fried rice" made out of it. I'm going to omit the egg since I'm still only a few weeks in, but I'm going to make it tonight. I'll let you know how it is

The fact that you are on this journey, on this plan, and on this forum means that you are ready for a change. Don't let momentary thoughts of cheating mess up your hard work! You can do it!!
sprite613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Certainly was not looking for support for a cheat day or a suggestion to give up and try another diet - was really really seeking encouragement. I will ask about the cook book at my clinic.
Maybe say that in your post then? Sorry if you didn't find what you needed but you did say "seriously considering".

But I have to say that I really really had to work at finding a groove. It was daunting at the beginning when I disliked veggies...but I was determined to find something I liked. The VIP (my bf) is still amazed that I can pack away 4 cups of veggies a day. He hates veggies. It took me a LONG time, I roasted them for a while and would go back to roasting them when I found myself bored of my fabulous salad that I love. Also, cucumbers in vinegar with some dill and chili peppers is a change as well. It's worth a really good search and some planning, you could also journal your feelings towards each veggie recipe you try. THEN, in a few months try them again. I used to HATE brussel sprouts...I TOTALLY love them now! YUMMO!!

The cravings will be there, not gonna lie...it's just a heck of a lot easier to ignore them in ketosis and if you have some strategies (ie, tea/cleaning/walking/reading etc.). I once vacuumed for 45 minutes cause I wanted to eat everything in the fridge. lol

Last edited by Ishbel; 05-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #14  
04/23/12~Kara

Raise your hand if you've ever stared at a box of stovetop for longer than thirty seconds since joining IP and though "Is it worth it? Am I really not stronger than a box of prepackaged dehydrated bread and sage? Really?" or similar thoughts to other ready-made carbohydrate bombs? I know my triggers, I'm not certain even once I hit phase 4 that I'll be able to eat them in moderation, which sucks-es-es-es just saying. The one blessing, chocolate is not a trigger...downside, peanut butter is...
Old 05-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #15  

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - you're right, I should have stated that I was looking for encouragement. 3FC has gotten me to day 10 and I greatly appreciate you all.
Can I do the spinach in two shakes a day? Can you taste in in regular chocolate shakes or should I use pudding? I really don't mind doing two shakes a day some days when I am working.
Thanks for the Facebook suggestion too - great ideas.
As for food I like that are OP - IP food wise I love the cap, vanilla, and chocolate shakes, mostly all bars, crispy cereal (& the crispy cereal pancake), oatmeal, jello, and the ridges & zippers. Don't really love pudding as a pudding but am open to suggestions for using it in a recipe. Have not tried the chilli or spaghetti. Other food wise I love chicken, steak, eggs, roast (is this even allowed?), lean hamburger (mmm, big mac salad), salmon, spinach, lettuce, orange bell peppers, dill pickles, celery and mushrooms.
With that being said I have never tried a lot of the proteins listed.