Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 5 (05/28-06/03)

Blue Team Total Lost: 8.2 lbs. as a team or 0.22%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: eliza31 (-3.4 lbs., -2.26%)

Honorable Mentions:

ak812 (-2.6 lbs., -1.42%)
lostangel05 (-1.4 lbs., -0.71%)
somni (-1 lb., -0.55%)

Congratulations to all our losers this week ! All of you have been doing great ! Let's have a rockin' week 5 ladies !
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Good morning Bluesers !

I'm going to be on plan every day this week.... I am I am I am !! This stress eating does nothing for me except make me feel horrid and hinders me in where I want to be. So NO MORE !!

Planning on going for a nice long walk today and have quite a few things to do around the house so should be a nice productive day.

Here's to the start of a great week 5 Bluesers ! We can do this !

Inspiration of the Day: To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. - Anatole France
Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #3  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

I hear you Leslie! On plan on plan on plan!
I also plan a nice walk today on my mom's wooded property next to Lake Michigan. And, Friday is the field trip to Mackinaw Island with my son's class, it includes an 8 mile bike rike around the island! I'm excited because the last time I went (w/DD 3 yrs ago) I was miserable! My weight was at an all time high. So, this is going to be fun!
Congrats to our Losers!
Let's have a great week Bluesers!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #4  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, after a stressful few weeks, I'm clawing myself back on the weight loss wagon!.

So sorry to have been a useless member of the team so far, I hereby pledge to make amends from now!

Have a great week everyone

Last edited by takingcontrol; 05-28-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Congrats to our Biggest Loser Eliza and the very Honorables ak812, lostangel and somni.

Bigmid, don't be discouraged about no loss this week as you may see another big loss this coming week.

Kelly
, you'll really enjoy that field trip this year. I can't ride a bike...sigh...long story...

Hi, Leslie. You certainly had a hectic past week. Sometimes that's how it goes. You can do it girl.

takingcontrol, glad to see you back on the thread.

The weekend was good. I didn't go overboard on my treats and was only up 1/2 pound which was gone by this morning. Tomorrow night I have a birthday party and I'm saving back a few calories so I can have a small piece of cake without doing much damage.

Go Blue Team!!!

Last edited by retiredone; 05-28-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:43 AM   #6  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Evening all

Congrats to all losers

My eating should be better now that we are over the big family events, 3 x 21st brthdays (1 neice, 1 nephew and my son), my neices 30th, my great nephews 1st and my mums 70th birthday this weekend gone...phew! One problem was cooking the food, i was constantly tasting, WOW that all adds up fast in the count!!!!

Fingers crossed this will be the only gain i lodge during the challenge

Best of luck for the week
Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #7  
Isabella

Tkkoz, I'm a taster, too. I just decorated a birthday cake for my SIL for tonight and I had to taste the icing. Thank goodness I didn't eat too much.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #8  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

takingcontrol glad ur back and ready to kick some fat to the curb!
tkkoz, Isabella we are the tasters! how will we know if we got it right otherwise?? I just learned my taste has to only be ONCE and a very lil' taste
as for myself, yesterday was a good day but TOM came last night it's a few days early... so the bad news is, it's early, the good news is, since it's early, the worst of the cramping will be over by Friday for the field trip :
Happy Tuesday Blue Team!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #9  

I’m back! Had a wonderful time hugging on my 2 year old granddaughter, I only get to see her 2 – 3 times a year and am always so amazed at how quickly she warms to me. She would just come on over and give me a big old hug and then go about doing whatever she was on her way to do. My 4 year old granddaughter toughed it out for the long ride with grandma, her Mom is a nurse and works nights so she spends a lot of time at Grandma’s when Mommy is working and I enjoy pretty much every minute of. What a little trooper she was, it took me over 17 hours of driving to get there and (thanks to construction and I10 closure in El Paso) and then 16 hours back. She was so good and the best part was when we were about an hour or so from home and I stopped to top off the gas tank before I hit heavy traffic again and had the window down next to her in the back seat so we could talk while I was pumping gas. She called “Grandma” and then yelled out the window “I love you!” It was a great vacation.

I didn’t try to track my calories while I was out but did try to be mindful of my portion sizes and it paid off. I was down about ½ pound when I finally made it back to the old scale. So I’ve already logged my menus for today and plan on being very focused on good habits this week.

Better wrap up my lunch hour and go tackle a few more of the 300+ emails I had waiting for me when I got in this morning.

Go Blue Team!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #10  
Isabella

EofAz, so glad you had a nice trip with your gd. I have a 3 yo gs and he won't give hugs or kisses or have his picture taken. Last time we were together he'd pose and now his little hand goes up and he says, "no pictures!" LOL

Kelly, how cute you look! I wouldn't have said it was the same person (not that you weren't cute in your old avatar!).

Say a prayer for me tonight. I'm gone to eat cake. I've eaten so lightly today that I can have a regular size piece with no repercussions.

Go Blue Team!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to all the losers! And another congrats to those that didn't lose but still participated instead of slinking off and pouting. Ahem. Guilty.
But I'm back. I had a bad few weeks going over calories. Now that I am tracking religiously, I am finding that what I have suspected awhile seems to be true. I gain weight way more than what I "should" for calories out vs calories in. I know there's water weight etc, but that would come back off, my gains do not (not without loads of fighting for it). After years of just counting calories, I've decided to give the whole low(ish) carb thing a try. Which coincided nicely with my doctor suggesting I eliminate wheat for 2 months and see if some health issues don't improve. In the first 4 days I've lost 6lbs. And I'm not even going all that low carb. I am still 2lbs above my last posted weight though, but I have faith that's going to come off (and more) this week.
I apologize for being absent and pledge to stick around.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #12  
Isabella

OK, I know no one prayed for me last night!!! I ate way too much of not only cake but nachos and chips and dip. Today, I'm almost fasting to try and counteract the effects of such bad eating. Breakfast was out of the question as I think my stomach was still full. Dinner was almost as light as breakfast and supper was a salad. I didn't get on my bike yesterday so I also biked a lot longer than usual today. Oh my, why does food taste so good?...sigh...
Old 05-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 163.2/143.6/120

Height: 5'3"

I'm out of town again and won't be back home until next Friday. I'm so lucky to have two gym memberships in both cities so I can keep up with exercising. My husband had a great discount on the gym membership through his work so I was able to afford it.

LeslieB- You had quite a week last week. I hope all is better especially with your neighbor. I know you will do just fine this week with staying on plan.

qtapostolic- Your haircut is so cute. I see a difference in weight loss just by the different pictures of your face. You are doing awesome!

takingcontrol- You haven't been useless. I'm just glad to hear you are ready to "take control" of your weight.

Tkkoz- Wow, you had a lot of birthdays to celebrate over the weekend. You must have had a great time and felt proud that you were involved cooking food for all of the birthdays. I think you'll be fine with your weigh-in now that you are back on plan.

EofAZ- Your granddaughter sounds so cute. It's always nice to hear "I love you" from someone that you love. Good job with the half pound weight loss after your trip.

retiredone- It is so hard to resist food that you like when it is in front of you. You sound like you are doing fine especially the day after. You exercised more and ate lighter. Don't worry about it. You have to allow yourself to have a cheat meal once in a while.

emilyk- Great job with the weight loss. The only thing that matters is that you are back on plan.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

retiredone You'll get back on track! You've been doing so well!

Eliza31 How cool that you get discounts through your hubby's work. Have a good trip. I hope you are going somewhere nice!

qtapostolic Love the new 'do!

I am back down to my last posted weight here! Well, I think I'm .2 lbs higher still but I am confidant that that will come off by Sunday's weigh in. I have lost 8 lbs this week!!! And the no gluten gets easier every day. My joint pain is getting better too. Tonight my knitting group meets at a great restaurant and I always get crab cakes and beer. I will have to figure something else out tonight. *sigh*. I do miss my beer.

I walked 3.4 miles yesterday, this morning was a short walk and then calisthenics.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Last edited by emilyk; 05-31-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Hello team!

Just a quick drop-in to say HELLO and let you know I'm still around! I was on vacation all last weekend (thanks, vacation, for the 1.2lbs I am STILL up from last weigh-in) and am still trying to get back into the swing of real life. I will for sure be back later this evening for some personals. Hope all of you wonderful ladies are doing well! Happy Friday!