Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 08:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin for Life - Week of March 24, 2003

Good morning everyone!

It's a beautiful Monday morning here--sunny and blue skies and the temps are supposed to get up to 63! Perfect walking weather. Rain is supposed to move in later today but for the moment we're enjoying the sunshine.

My weekend in Chicago went pretty good--the meeting is very stressful because we have a president who thinks she can change things on a whim. She made some comments regarding the minutes not being clear and I blew my stack--if it's one thing I'm most careful about is making sure the minutes are accurate. In any case, she was referring to minutes from 2 years ago! I ended up walking out of the meeting for a few minutes to calm down, I could tell my blood pressure was up. She's quite a package.

The rest of the trip was uneventful in terms of having any hold ups at the airports--everything went smooth. We did go to out to dinner twice--Giordano's Italian Restaurant and a place called the Chef Paul's Bavarian Lodge. Drank a few beers and enjoyed the food immensely although I'm a little skeptical about having to get on the scale this week. I'm hoping the extra walking will help. We had a wonderful deep dish pizza with spinach and at the Lodge I had wienerschnitzel and spaetzle...the portions were huge and I brought 1/2 home with me. In any case, it's good to be back.

So how was everyone else's weekend?
Old 03-24-2003, 09:13 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi Melissa,

Yes, our management can be trying at times, especially when they criticize one of your products in public. Grrr.

Mmmm, the food sounds good. Chicago does have good eats. I enjoyed my trip there in October.

The weekend was very rainy and we no longer have 90 degree temps that were here on Thursday and Friday. That was too warm for this time of the year.

I worked all day on Saturday at our church with an Irish Show (Tony Kenny from Dublin). It was a great success, but I was tired.

Sunday was rehearsal for an upcoming Haydn concert that I'm singing in. It was a busy weekend.

How's everyone else?
Old 03-24-2003, 08:04 PM   #3  

It seems as though all of you go on exciting trips all the time! I don't imagine that I will ever visit Chicago- or Florida or Pennsilvania for that matter! They all sound interesting though!

My weekend was okay. I ended up having appetizers/munchies Fri, Sat and Sun evenings. I did get tons of walking in this week, though, so I am hoping that it will save me at WI tomorrow night!

It has been quite windy here the past couple of days, but I can't complain because the temperature is still above zero!

Nothing big on the horizon this week...I am having a super hungry day today, but I should be able to keep it under control!

Have a great evening!
Old 03-26-2003, 06:56 AM   #4  

Good Wednesday morning everyone. How are you?

The countdown is on for our vacation. We leave for Maui on April 5th, and I'm so looking forward to it. Bags are semi-packed with the diving, hiking and running gear -- hope to stuff a few items of clothing in between the cracks this weekend

Had a good 30-minute run after work yesterday, despite that blah feeling from TOM. I felt much better afterwards. My weight is up, but strangely enough, I'm not all that worried about it now that I'm running again. We'll do lots of that on vacation. Actually, I lost five pounds the last time we visited Maui; there's so much to do that I don't think much about eating!!

Things are hectic here at the office. I'll be away for a month, so there's loads of things to take care of before I go. My office mates have been really generous - not complaining at all about the hardship that I know this will create. I'll have to pick up something special for them while I'm away.

Tara: How did your weigh-in go? I was looking at your numbers; you're doing remarkably well getting back to goal. Congratulations!

Melissa: Sounds like you had a nice weekend in Chicago despite the rantings of your president. I guess we all have experienced people like that; the trick is not to let them ruin your day!

Domina: 90 degree temps are a little over the top for March. Hope things have cooled off.

Have a great day everyone. Hello to lala, austingal, laurel, ren, patch and anyone else who I missed. Drop in and say hello, won'tcha?
Old 03-26-2003, 08:29 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone!

It's a dreary Wednesday here...yesterday started out gorgeous (65) and by lunch time the temps had dropped to 50! We had some thunderstorms last evening and this morning I came to work literally in a fog

I've been doing more walking and have been really watching what I'm eating (other than Saturday) and this morning my scale is showing that I'm up! It's a little frustrating to me especially since I've begun walking more to help with getting off the balance of that Christmas weight. My rings are even a little snug this morning. Grrr. I'm sure the weather isn't helping much either.

Domina: Sounds like you've been busy! I talked to my GF in Clearwater and she said it's been in the 80's which is high for them.

Tara: Sounds like you're well on your way to getting back to goal! Good for you! I find it hard to pull in the reigns when I'm having a "munchie" day. Sometimes I find it's best to just go to bed early.

Seasaw: Sounds like you're more than ready for the trip to Maui...enjoy! I try not to let things bother me for the most part; this particular woman is a control freak and I've come to let things slide although every once in a while she really gets under my skin.

I wonder if Patch, Laurel, AustinGal, Ren, and Lala are on a haitus? Seems like such a long time since we've heard from Patch. Hope they're all doing well!
Old 03-26-2003, 08:43 AM   #6  

Thumbs down

Hello all.

Our weather has really shaped up--breezy and in the 70's. Ahhh.

Yes, I have been busy, but I prefer that.

Susan--Maui sounds great and to lose weight on vacation is really wonderful!! I hope you have a good time.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:45 PM   #7  
LM

I've been journalling. Anyone care to join me???:
Old 03-26-2003, 04:34 PM   #8  

Seasaw- Wow, Maui! Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned! I like your attitude, feeling good about running and not worrying about the number on the scale. That is my ultimate goal! Thanks for the "pep talk" on my loss, it seems to be coming off so slowly this time. It really helps to get support from great people like you!
Melissa- Could the weather be causing the ring tightness? I know mine get snug if it is humid outside! Hand in there, your hard work can only make things better!
LM- Do you mean journalling on the thread? Do you journal on your own still?
Do the rest of you LM continue journalling as well?

I had a pretty good WI this week- down 2#. I ate LOTS more pts, and walked quite a bit. Not a bad exchange- I am more than willing to walk lots if it means I can eat more!
Got a letter in the mail with 6 months free WW Online, that might be a fun new tool too! Does anyone else use it?
Went for an hour long walk this afternoon, plan to get my 125 ab exercises in as well.
Have a good one, everyone!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:28 AM   #9  

Good morning!

It's a beautiful, sunny day here with temps supposed to get up in the 50's--tomorrow is supposed to be even better (67!).

Laurel: I forget about the journal thread...I may just have to hop over and start posting there. Glad to hear from you!

Saskie: I know that the weather affects my weight--the cloudy/rainy days seem to play around with water retention. So, yes, I think that's part of it. In any case I was down .2 (I'll take it). I'm hoping next week will be better. I'm going to make sure I'm getting enough water. Congratulations on your loss!!!

I still journal, although weekends sometimes are a little fuzzy at times. Journaling helps to keep me on track and I know that for myself I need to continue to journal--it's way too easy to forget what I've eaten and eat too much!

I've used E-Tools and it's got a neat feature of being able to see your weightloss with a graph.

Domina: Sounds like perfect weather to me I love Spring here with the cool temps and the flowers budding out...

Anyone got any plans for the weekend? My DH is going out of town and so I'm hoping to tackle some projects around the house that I've been ignoring. I really need to get rid of some old clothes and this will be the perfect opportunity to do it.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:20 AM   #10  

Plans for the weekend

I have rehearsal tonight and Sunday afternoon for a Haydn I'm singing in.

Tomorrow I do my chores and then I'm judging some high school students doing impromptu skits. Then I head to dinner with a friend and we'll try out a new Italian restaurant.

Old 03-28-2003, 02:44 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Hola Chicas,

I'm back from Madrid and Brussels. I would highly recommend Madrid for its beautiful parks, museums, squares, tapas, beer, walking, shoes, purses, tapas, shoes, leather. Get it?

However, I can say, I did not buy anything! Can you believe it? This is why I enjoy trips alone or with girlfriends, they are sooo much more patient.

Anyhoo, I really loved Madrid and Segovia (good aqueduct) and the people were very nice. Food in Madrid was inexpensive and very interesting. Brussels was fun too. We very much enjoyed seeing people on the streets, eating at outdoor cafes (last trip was in January, a bit cold for outdoor dining).

As for food, all I can say is that I stuck to my no chocolate and no aspartame products. This is amazingly hard in Brussels, but honestly, I have no desire for chocolate now.

Flying was much the same as usual. My airline of choice, bent over backwards for us (not unusual, but nice) especially since we almost missed our Chicago- Brussels flight and they confirmed us through London. They have revamped their menus and wow, new huge salads and fresh fruit and vegetable options in Business class. Yowza. I got my five a day yesterday!

Anyhoo, I'm not even going to look at the scale. I'm up, my pants look terrible and I'm not pleased. I'll get back on to the normal schedule and see where I am next week at the same time.

Short of a bunch of DC and California trips, I'm off of flying until October. I think.

Melissa, sounds like you had a nice time in Chicago. I'm dying to actually stay there and enjoy the city instead of connecting.

Susan --- Maui. Wow. Hawaii is soo much fun.

Laurel- I'll journal today. I promise.

Domina - You sound exceedingly talented! I'm glad the weather has also calmed down.

Tara- Congrats on the 2#!

Everyone else! Hola, benvenidos and ce vediamo!

lala
Old 03-29-2003, 05:11 PM   #12  

Lala- Glad your trip went well! What types of things did you eat? I like to live vicariously through you! Thats great that the airline has salads now! I was glad to see you include beer in your list of great things to experience in Madrid! Good luck getting more comfy in your pants soon!

I am having a busy and fun weekend, lots of friends and visiting! Hope everyone else is too!
Closed Thread