Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

Default Stuck in a Dress

Well, I was trying on my old clothes from High School/University and getting all sorts of a morale boost from actually being able to zip them up (sure I was getting a lot of underarm popout from the strapless dresses but the zip went up!!!! ).

Then I tried on a strapless dress bought 10 years ago that has no zip and is elasticated at the back. It went on (with aforementioned underarm/bust bulge). I was happy. Tried to get it off. Oh crap, it's stuck around my underarm/bust and won't go higher. 10mins later of struggling. Still stuck! Panicky oh no I need to wait for the husband to get home to help me out. Do I have to call my sister who just arrived back from holiday and is probably jetlagged to come help me out!? Another 5 mins and I manage to wiggle it off by pulling it down around my waist and butt (which it turns out are narrower than my top region....*sigh*).

So now I'm back down to Earth and more determined than ever to get to a point where I can get into that dress and actually get it off with no problems! Still happy I can actually zip up some of my old dresses though! It's nice to know that things I would have found discouraging and made me give up earlier now motivate me to keep going!
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

LOL, I am picturing it and it made me laugh. I'd have panicked and taken the scissors to it probably!

Sounds like it won't be very many more pounds until you can easily fit into that dress!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Been there, done that. I don't think it took me quite that long to get out, but I've been somewhat stuck more than once, I think!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

oh my gosh it's worse when it happens in a dressing room...
goes on fine but suddenly my breast decided it wanted it and wasn't coming off.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #5  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyj89 View Post
oh my gosh it's worse when it happens in a dressing room...
goes on fine but suddenly my breast decided it wanted it and wasn't coming off.
This happened to me once. But what made it worse is that I had my jeans around my knees because I didn't want to bother taking them off. I just about fell over!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #6  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

OMG this made me laugh so hard!! Congrats on getting it off without having to call for help! I too have found myself stuck.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #7  

Your post made giggle, you have such talent is describing a situation, it's almost as if I was right there with you.

I agree about this happening in a dressing room, I once struggled with a dress to the point where I almost burst into tears. I remember that once I managed to get the dress off I just stood there looking at it lying on the changing room floor, like it was some wild animal I had just killed after it brutally attacked me.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

This happened to me in a dressing room once or twice. Then you start to worry about the noises you're making and if anyone else is in the area lol. Congratulations on getting your other dresses to zip that is wonderful
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha22 View Post
I agree about this happening in a dressing room, I once struggled with a dress to the point where I almost burst into tears. I remember that once I managed to get the dress off I just stood there looking at it lying on the changing room floor, like it was some wild animal I had just killed after it brutally attacked me.

Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Oh, my. Been there, done that, too. You gave me my laugh of the day. Thanks.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Omg! I got stuck in a shirt the other day!! Thankfully my husband was home to help me out, but i can still picture his look of trying not to burst out laughing at me lol

I work at a thrift store and had a lady in the dressing room for quite some time. She eventually came out with the tag in her hand, stuck in a shirt! She was so embarrassed- I felt so bad! It happens to the best of us!

Congrats on fitting into the dresses!!!!
Kendrab1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

Thanks everyone! I was thinking my husband would come back home from work to find me with a dress inelegantly bunched up to my armpits stuck between my boobs and my shoulders and have to wrestle me out of it (probably while he laughed himself to death).

Also, done the dressing room thing before when I was a teen and shopping with a friend and her mum for a prom dress. It was a strapless dress (bane of my life!) and I wasn't wearing a bra underneath. My poor friend and her mum had to heave it off over my head probably having to see far more of me than they ever wanted to!
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote