Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #1  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I feel so stupid.

I'm absolutely embarrassed and pissed off at myself. I know, I know, I shouldn't let it beat me down, but for some reason it is. I had gone down to 155. And I was so proud, I only had 10lb to go on my ticker goal, now a long weekend of fun and food has gone, and even if I haven't gone completely off plan, I gained 2lb over the weekend.

I understand it probably is water retention, from high sodium meals over the weekend but it's really bothering me, I've become obsessive, to the point that I'm asking my fiancé to hide all the scales in the house.

I am going to drink a lot of water, and eat very healthy for the rest of the week and make sure it comes back down, but it just really embarrassed me because we weigh in every morning together (kinda cute ) and he just looked at me and I know he was thinking "I TOLD YOU THE ICE CREAM WAS A BAD IDEA"... He won't ever say anything like that, nor will he ever make me feel bad about it, but I saw it in his face.

I don't know if this thread is even worth posting but it's making me feel better, and I know you ladies here at 3FC have kept me motivated to go along this journey and I know 60+ pounds is an amazing accomplishment, but I can't help but feel like a complete idiot.

What do you guys suggest? Should I stop weighing myself for a bit? What do you guys do when you feel this way?

I also wore my shorts for the first time in ever this weekend and constantly felt like my fat thighs were the center of attention, I constantly kept pulling my shorts down in fear that they were jiggling too much and people were thinking "Oh, that girls too fat to wear shorts."

I've suffered from Eating Disorders in the past and still suffer from Body Dysmorphia, but I'm lost. And confused, and really sad.

My period seems to be delayed too, I removed my patch for "period week" and nothing. It's been 3 days, I'm emotional, and pms'ing but nope, no period.

I just feel like going to bed and waking up a week later and hopefully having dropped a few pounds.

I'm sorry for this rant, it'll probably go ignored, but I'm at a loss here, and need motivation or words of support and comfort

I think simply put, I just need a hug.
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I know I got really discouraged when I stepped on the scale today.. But that's only going to motivate me to get right back up and work harder. Every once in awhile we all deserve a little vent thread I know I've done in multiple times already. lol

Anyway.. 60+lbs in sooo amazing just keep working at it and you will be at your goal weight before you know it.
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Calm down. You're catastrophizing everything from water weight to shorts to your imagined reactions WE might be having to YOU. Deep breaths and context are needed, yes?

First, it is just water weight, as you said yourself. Eat cleanly for the next two days and then weigh again, if the water weight hasn't taken care of itself I'll be shocked.

Second, I am sure you looked beautiful and would be shocked if your fiancé wasn't thinking about that and not your icecream consumption. Remember, most of the world doesn't find treats taboo - it is our twisted thinking or dietary hyper vigilance that can create those thoughts and it is NOT accurate to project that on the rest of the world. To non-dieted folk, ice cream is infrequent but NORMAL, and you aren't some sinful cow for having some, even if the scale bounces. You don't need to moralize food and castigate yourself for failures - has heaping on the pounds of shame ever lost you a pound of fat?

Also, if you period is delayed, might that not also be a cause for water retention? Even perfectly on plan I stall or gain several pounds every month at the end of my cycle and into the middle or my period. It is very normal and the lower your weight the more wild those swings can become, in terms of how you look and how clothes fit. But it is temporary and has nothing to do with sweets, I promise.

Take a deep breath, stay on the plan that has already lot you heaps of weight, treat yourself with something that makes you feel good (Pedicure? Good book? Couple time?) and RELAX!

Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Sorry to read you are not feeling well... But yes, it is probably just PMS --water and sadness!--. After 60 pounds, you know gaining 2 in your TOM is nothing to worry about. You may also suspect that the shorts episode may be signalling at a general frustration with other things, apart from your body shape. Fist, losing weight will not necessarily change the way your "flesh" is distributed, so you have to adjust your mind to your new body and accept it --that is, work on your dismorphia. Second, not everything in life is relatable to our body weight. Most probably nobody was looking at your thighs but trying to relate to you, while you related to no one because you were not feeling that good about your thighs... or because you were afraid of truly relating to people?
We learned to blame all our moods on our bodies and on food. Maybe we could start looking somewhere else!
Good luck, and cheer up!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #5  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

That's all I wanted to say.

And also, I think it's perfectly adorable that you and your fiance weigh-in together. You're obviously a well loved woman.

Keep on keepin on, you've come so far. You inspire me.
meltaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #6  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hey you!

First of all, you guys are super cute! Second of all, hey no big deal it is water weight and you enjoyed yourself. I know the feeling though, I think most of us/all of us have been there at some point. There was a time when I was losing pretty gast and I thought hey I deserve to eat all of the bread and all of the cheese and drink all of the wine and I weighed myself the next day and I was up 7lbs. I nearly had a bloody heart attack haha

Also, you look totally awesome, no way was anybody thinking that about your thighs. If they were looking I'm sure it was jealousy or checking you out! No kidding.

Are you back on plan now? What I do is keep drinking lots of water, get back on plan, do some exercise and just move on. You'll be down again in no time missy. It's important to enjoy yourself sometimes, and it doesn't even sound like you went over board.

Hugs to you!

P.(M)S. - I'm an emotional mess too and a day late.. waaaaaaaa I think I'll watch Beaches :P
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #7  

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!! honestly I didn't expect this response, and you guys put it in perspective for me, I don't feel as bad as I did before, but it has to be PMS. I just cried because I couldn't get my car door open. My emotions clearly took over. ridiculous, I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglesita64 View Post
Most probably nobody was looking at your thighs but trying to relate to you, while you related to no one because you were not feeling that good about your thighs... or because you were afraid of truly relating to people?
Wow i had honestly never thought about it that way, I guess somewhere I have lost myself, and need to find myself and work on myself and my self-love, and quit self-hating. It's obviously bringing me down. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotperfect24 View Post
But that's only going to motivate me to get right back up and work harder.
Amen !!! I'll do the same, and know somewhere you're doing the same, and that'll keep me motivated. I'm sending you positive vibes, and thank you for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Take a deep breath, stay on the plan that has already lot you heaps of weight, treat yourself with something that makes you feel good (Pedicure? Good book? Couple time?) and RELAX!

Your reply made me want to slap myself back into reality. Thank you SO Much!! You're completely right, I am freaking out, but I totally need to take a chill pill and just zone out, it's not that dramatic. & I now realize it absolutely has to be PMS because I just cried seeing someone stole the cap that goes on my tire. oh boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
That's all I wanted to say.

And also, I think it's perfectly adorable that you and your fiance weigh-in together. You're obviously a well loved woman.

Keep on keepin on, you've come so far. You inspire me.
Thank you He loves me, and he wants to be on this journey with me, I'm so glad to have him. And thank you for your kind words, I like to believe I'm pretty lovable, but you guys really bring out the best in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post
I weighed myself the next day and I was up 7lbs. I nearly had a bloody heart attack haha
Also, you look totally awesome, no way was anybody thinking that about your thighs. If they were looking I'm sure it was jealousy or checking you out! No kidding.
OMG!! I know that feeling, that sharp pain in your chest, yeah I've had that you know what, my fiancé told me just now? He said: "You know, you freak out when people stare at you, or look at you, or do double takes, but it's not because you're fat, or ugly, or jiggly, get that out of your head, you're beautiful, they're either, jealous of you, because of how you're so amazing, or of me, because I get to hold your hand.... or you may have a booger hanging and no one wants to tell you... " he's hilarious!

I know this rant may have sounded ridiculous to read, especially since it pretty much looks like I hyperventilated while typing the whole thing but I think I needed this. And I needed you guys to do what you do best, and smack me back to reality and tell it how it is.

Thank you so much for that.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #8  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hugs! It will all be ok. I am sure the weight will come off before you know it! I am guessing also that you are feeling this way because TOM is coming. I do it too! Just remind yourself it will all be ok. You can do it!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Here's a hug!

Did you have fun over the weekend?

If "Yes," that's the most important part.

I gain at least 2 lbs of water weight every weekend, and it's always gone by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Listen to your fiancé. He's right. And he's going to MARRY you because he LOVES you and believes in his heart that you are gorgeous and beautiful. Getting ED thoughts out of your mental monologue is tough but I believe you can do it. Just get back to regularly scheduled programming - no need to OD on water or restrict severely - regularly scheduled programming will be enough. You'll see those two pounds gone before you know it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Calm down. You're catastrophizing everything from water weight to shorts to your imagined reactions WE might be having to YOU. Deep breaths and context are needed, yes?

First, it is just water weight, as you said yourself. Eat cleanly for the next two days and then weigh again, if the water weight hasn't taken care of itself I'll be shocked.

Second, I am sure you looked beautiful and would be shocked if your fiancé wasn't thinking about that and not your icecream consumption. Remember, most of the world doesn't find treats taboo - it is our twisted thinking or dietary hyper vigilance that can create those thoughts and it is NOT accurate to project that on the rest of the world. To non-dieted folk, ice cream is infrequent but NORMAL, and you aren't some sinful cow for having some, even if the scale bounces. You don't need to moralize food and castigate yourself for failures - has heaping on the pounds of shame ever lost you a pound of fat?

Also, if you period is delayed, might that not also be a cause for water retention? Even perfectly on plan I stall or gain several pounds every month at the end of my cycle and into the middle or my period. It is very normal and the lower your weight the more wild those swings can become, in terms of how you look and how clothes fit. But it is temporary and has nothing to do with sweets, I promise.

Astute post!

To the OP, I give you credit: I absolutely refuse to weigh myself after a big day or two of eating or the week before my period. I absolutely know I will have gained, and what's the sense in seeing the number? It will only depress me for no logical reason as the week after my period, my weight will be back down.

I've been maintaining since Nov. 2011, and some wisdom that I've gleaned from the "Maintainers" section on this forum is that maintainance is losing and regaining the same five pounds perpetually, not staying the exact same weight all the time. Although you are in losing most rather than maintaining, it would be unrealistic for you to believe that your weight will always be lower when you step on the scale. As long as the general trend is downward over time, that's what's important.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelkitty View Post
I am going to drink a lot of water, and eat very healthy for the rest of the week and make sure it comes back down, but it just really embarrassed me because we weigh in every morning together (kinda cute ) and he just looked at me and I know he was thinking "I TOLD YOU THE ICE CREAM WAS A BAD IDEA"... He won't ever say anything like that, nor will he ever make me feel bad about it, but I saw it in his face.
Awww, that is cute!

Don't go overboard, don't punish yourself, just get right back on track. I did the same thing only I put on 3 pounds myself. =/
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygurl61 View Post
I am guessing also that you are feeling this way because TOM is coming.
Yeah, it is, and it's late so it's dragging on this weird feeling, but I have to get through it, I can't be depressed, or i won't work out. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Did you have fun over the weekend?
Most definitely did! & I know it's normal, and I'm probably freaking out because I'm scared of hitting another plateau with so little left to lose... but I know it'll happen more and more, so I can't let it beat me down. My fiancé is an absolute Angel. You're completely right, thanks sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin43 View Post
Although you are in losing most rather than maintaining, it would be unrealistic for you to believe that your weight will always be lower when you step on the scale. As long as the general trend is downward over time, that's what's important.
You are absolutely right. I tend to look at my scale and expect the same amount of loss as the day I pranced out of the washroom. But I have to be realistic and know that I won't, if that was the case, I'd be way past my goal weight now.

Thank you all again && Congrats to everyone on their amazing weight loss!!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadya View Post
Awww, that is cute!

Don't go overboard, don't punish yourself, just get right back on track. I did the same thing only I put on 3 pounds myself. =/
I weighed twice, the first time said 3lb, and I shook my head and stepped on again, and it was 2lb, and I started whispering to myself that THAT is the number I'll go by. I even lie to myself. it's bad. haha
Old 05-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I suggest you keep weighing yourself -- if anything, a little more often for the next little while. Whenever I've stopped weighing myself, I end up slipping into denial and the pounds creep back on.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
I suggest you keep weighing yourself -- if anything, a little more often for the next little while. Whenever I've stopped weighing myself, I end up slipping into denial and the pounds creep back on.

F.
Thank you After 12 minutes of my nagging that I wanted my scale back, lol, he gave it back to me. I haven't weighed myself yet today after this morning's dramatization, but I will before bed.

&& I completely agree, I find if I ever start neglecting the scale, I tend to think it's "okay" to eat that donut, or that cookie, or that entire box of oreos lol