Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default Very sad

So we just got a new scale today and I'm a lot heaver then I was last time I was weighed.

I gained around 31lbs since that last time. It just makes me incredibly sad that I thought I was one weight and come to find out I was a whole different weight. (My last scale broke awhile back and we just got a new one today)

I'm just seriously mad at myself.
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #2  
Fitty, the Pound-Slayer

S/C/G: 303/287/150

Height: 5'8

I imagine that must be very frustrating! But each day is a new day, so you can move forward from this!
fatbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

That would be tough! But you can and will recover from this set back.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

The wisest thing to do is forget about the past. There's no use beating yourself up over what-might-have beens. Today is what matters. Here's my Pep Talk to myself to help me remember that today is the most important day of all ...

"Today is a new day. Today is the beginning of a new healthier lifestyle. Today is what matters. Today, we can correct the mistakes. Today, we can start fresh. Today, we can make better choices. Today, we can learn. Today, we can do better. Today, we can succeed."
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #5  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I would use this as a motivator! First to get to where you was, or thought you was. Then you're on a roll and just keep going!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335/305/225

Height: 5'4

Oh geez I'd be seriously upset too! But at least now you know you're getting an accurate reading on your new scale and can move forward! (((hugs))) and good luck

I added you to my buddy list if you wanna chat for support!
NorCalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
The wisest thing to do is forget about the past. There's no use beating yourself up over what-might-have beens. Today is what matters. Here's my Pep Talk to myself to help me remember that today is the most important day of all ...

"Today is a new day. Today is the beginning of a new healthier lifestyle. Today is what matters. Today, we can correct the mistakes. Today, we can start fresh. Today, we can make better choices. Today, we can learn. Today, we can do better. Today, we can succeed."
The only thing useful about looking at the past is to learn from it and then move on.

What I have learned about my past is this:

1. If I don't get enough sleep, I use food for fuel - more food than I need to make up for the energy I would have gotten if I had gotten proper sleep - that's probably reason #1 why I got fat.

2. When I don't exercise, I feel blue - all times in my life I felt blah was when I was the most inactive. Another reason I got fat.

3. I am a morning hungry person, but live in a society that eats HUGE dinners. I've just switched around my eating that suits me and if I'm hungry at 3 pm, I eat at 3 pm and skip dinner or eat just the vegetables or a piece of fruit - reason #3 why I got fat - before I would get hungry at 3 pm and eat and then eat a big meal with the family when they were all hungry.

So, I've put that knowledge to good use and try not to beat myself up for not figuring out all of this decades ago... I can only take care of the future.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 05-21-2012 at 09:16 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMommy View Post
Oh geez I'd be seriously upset too! But at least now you know you're getting an accurate reading on your new scale and can move forward! (((hugs))) and good luck

I added you to my buddy list if you wanna chat for support!
I could always use more support.. Everyone can.. lol
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #9  

Oh, that must be very hard for you. But you need to turn this into a positive, motivating experience and learn from it. What do you think you did wrong since your last weigh in, what changed? 31lbs are not gained just like that. Were you particularly stressed during this time, focused less on exercising? Once you figure out what went wrong you can move on knowing you won't repeat the same mistakes.

Each day is an opportunity to make healthier options, so don't be discouraged!

Last edited by Natasha22; 05-22-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #10  
banned

I understand where you're coming from. But I think that maybe you should set mini-goals and seek to achieve those first. Don't be so hard on yourself. Its a process and takes time.
highonlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by highonlife View Post
I understand where you're coming from. But I think that maybe you should set mini-goals and seek to achieve those first. Don't be so hard on yourself. Its a process and takes time.
I have they are in my signature.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #12  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I agree with everything everyone has posted on here, you have to let go of the past and start from where you are. You can do it sweetie. don't let it beat you down, just use it as your motivator!!

The same thing happened to me. I was convinced I weighed 190, and when I stepped on the scale I saw 220. But I used it to my advantage and figured well, when I'll be done, I'll be able ot say I lost 30lb MORE !

Ps. Im here for you if ever you need a chat too xo
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote