Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Wink WW Weekly Chit Chat: 5/21 - 5/27

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 05-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Another week chickies! My wrist and hand still hurt like the dickens and I have been a good girl and wear the splint as much as possible but gosh I can't wait for this to heal up.

Oh have to tell you about this cool find. Was in an antique store yesterday with dh and found this unique cookbook. Better homes and garden test kitchen from 1941 most of the pages are typed (from a real typewriter) on onion paper and have a stamp with the date and who submitted the recipe and how much they person was paid ...it is so cool. All the pages have three holes and sit in the binder. Similar to a betty crocker book. It is not a published book like you would see sold. Some of the ingredients I have no idea what they are I had to ask my mother LOL

just wanted to share that
Old 05-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

Just popping in to say hi. I ran the half marathon that I've been training for on Sunday. Finished in 2:22 Happy with that! As for my weight, I was a little over 2 pounds over my goal weight on my WI last Fri. If I can get it back down by this Friday I think I will be at lifetime! Right now I am WAY over the 2 pounds but that's mostly because my muscles are still so sore.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/162/165

Height: 6'

I'm new to the forum, but not to WW online. I've been doing tracking since January. This is my first week of my summer. I teach at a college part time. I'm happy to be home with my little ones until the next gig comes up. I have like 100 projects to complete this summer, 91 of them seemingly related to cleaning/organizing. Hopefully that will be exercise. congrats on the half marathon, wickedlady. very cool!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

wickedlady that is awesome I wish I had the ambition to run but for me it just is not a motivator. I did try it a few years ago, I set a goal to run a 5K and once I hit the goal I quit LOL. I prefer elliptical set on intervals and weight training.

daniprice good for you to have so many projects to keep you busy...when you get done I have plenty of things that need organizing too.

Well today I had hoped to get to the gym but the pain in my hand/wrist is still too tender so I will give it until Friday that will make two weeks since my fall.

Eating wise today I have done pretty good but I see that I may dip into my weeklies tonight. I made some brown rice that I plan to turn into a veg stir fry
Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Hi! For me so far so good!

Oh yeah I just ordered "insanity workout" last sunday. I am excited and nervous to try it. Saw some video on youtube and looks hard. But hopefully I can do it. Actually I go to the gym regularly but wanted to try new stuff so here goes and wish me luck that I can survive this insane workout lol.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

WickedLady, that's awesome! What half marathon did you run? I have my first 5K in, oh, exactly one month!

I'm thinking of training for a half marathon that's in September, my only concern is balancing the training with WW. Especially on training days when it's the "long run" days. I already use some of my weeklies on days when I do my 3-4 mile runs now, but running 10+ miles is a whole different ballgame!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #8  

I ran the Colfax Half Marathon here in Denver.

Are you eating your AP's? I know some people don't like to.. but if you are training for something like that, you really need to. I have adopted the daily use or lose strategy. That way, I eat what I need to get through a run that's longer than an hour, and I'm not tempted to bank them for a big binge. Honestly, the longer runs do increase my appetite quite a bit, so it's not easy. But planning ahead by eating a good amount of carbs the day before, during the run, and after the run seems to help a lot.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #9  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedlady View Post
I ran the Colfax Half Marathon here in Denver.

Are you eating your AP's? I know some people don't like to.. but if you are training for something like that, you really need to. I have adopted the daily use or lose strategy. That way, I eat what I need to get through a run that's longer than an hour, and I'm not tempted to bank them for a big binge. Honestly, the longer runs do increase my appetite quite a bit, so it's not easy. But planning ahead by eating a good amount of carbs the day before, during the run, and after the run seems to help a lot.
I don't use APs, but I do use weeklies and I really only use them on days that I run/exercise, although I don't use all of them. Switching to APs and eating them does make sense when training at this level, so I might have to consider doing that. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Well thought I would pop in today and say yea haw I am able to use the keyboard without my brace on so I think my wrist/hand has healed enough I can get back to the gym today....It has been 2 weeks and I feel bloated and 'heavy'

Do any of you ever find yourself eating the same foods all the time instead of mixing things up? I have been looking at my journal and notice I eat the same thing day after day and I wonder if it is like exercise that if you do the same thing all the time you body gets stuck in a rut and nothing changes
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #11  

yeah I have heard that you can plateau if you eat the same things all the time. I find that I eat the same stuff a LOT, but I try to mix it up as much as I can. Sometimes it's just easier to have a routine. But if you are stalling, that's one way to shake things up.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I also eat a lot of the same things from day to day. My breakfast and lunch are literally the same exact thing every day. I might switch an apple out for a banana or whatnot, but for the most part, it is the same. It can get boring, but it's easy at least.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Hey guys! Feel like ive been MIA for a few good weeks now. I havent been around the site much, i feel like ive been so busy. Lots of stress going on at work, etc. I have also been struggling a little with my weigh ins. Its taking a mental toll for sure. Ive been down a pound up a pound, down 2, up 3... its just never ending at this point. Ive lost so much so far and i have lots to be thankful for, but these last 30lbs are killin me lol. Im going to keep trucking though, i promised to follow this thru till i reach goal.

On a side note, i start Roller Derby practice first week of June. Decided i want to learn to be a roller derby girl. So ive been skating around a lot, trying to learn my balance. Not easy... considering the last pair of skates i owned had "Barbie's" face on the side of them and they were bubble gum pink in color :P The website claims that my thighs and buns will never be the same after starting derby. Soooo i hope this is the case... it will be an excellent work out!!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies!

I've been MIA as well - between work, kids, and school and activities ending I feel like I am running from one place to the next. The last two weeks have been particularly rough, and I did not track, plan, or focus on losing. I decided just to maintain and try to control myself until my life could settle down a bit.

All in all I did pretty well. I ended up losing .6 lbs over the two week period, so I was thrilled with that. Now I'm back to tracking and planning so we'll see what the week brings!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #15  

Hey Mercuryblue, just wanted to say I can relate!! It's taken me such a long time to lose the last 20 pounds. I know that some of it is not being as dedicated to the plan, but part of it is just my body adjusting. Even though looking back, I haven't lost a lot in the last 6 months, my body continues to change and I look a lot tighter. Hang in there, stuff is probably happening even if the scale doesn't always show it.
Closed Thread