Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Church potluck....

Well, tonight I can say I fought a dragon, lol. I had to go to a potluck at my parents church... the most fabulous homemade food you'll find anywhere.... and I lived to tell the tale! I just started calorie counting again this week, so this was the first real test of my commitment... I managed to only eat until I was comfortably full and not stuffed :-) WIN. normally, I would have been back for seconds and thirds, lol.

To top things off, I won a door prize - the most fantastic, homemade (I don't cook much, can you tell, lol) chocolate iced checkerboard cake! Well, I took the cake to my mom and dad's house after the potluck, and we each had A slice. The best part? I was able to leave the cake at their house!!! It's not sitting here yelling at me to eat it!
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #2  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

You turned down free food! That's the ultimate test of your commitment! haha!
Good for you!

That old WW's line comes to mind often these days ... "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

WTG!! Those pot lucks with some of the most amazing, fattening dishes have to be the hardest for a dieter to face. I'm so happy for you. And also the fact that you enjoyed your cake sensibly and then left it behind!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

Amazing! Free yummy food is so hard to resist. Congrats on winning the door prize too!

I find not bringing cake back home with me to be a good idea too. Otherwise it ends up in my belly and I end up sad in bed.
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 AM   #5  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Well done, I know that's difficult! It's really great that you cool leave the cake at your parent's house.. I couldn't have a cake in the house, we'd just be yelling at eachother too until I finally caved in and we'd have sweet sweet make up binge.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on making wise choices !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Good job resisting temptation, at Church of all places! lol

I'm faced with the same challenge today. Today is my youngest Sons Confirmation, (with 3 other boys) and we are having a big pot-luck after the service, complete with cake and ice cream for dessert. The parents of the Confirmands are to bring the meat and are furnishing the decorated sheet cake and ice cream. So I just finished up grilling many pounds of chicken tenders to take.

I made a deal with myself that if I was back to my "pre week-long binge weight" I'd allow myself cake. BUT, since I'm still 2 pounds over I will not be having cake. (Thankfully, because I can usually never stop at one anyway.) Anyway, the point in all of this is I hope I do as well as you did minus the cake today!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote